• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming review thread [92% RT]

Neoxon

No way. I ain't gonna temper anything in the lead up to the premiere. I'm all fucking hyped into this beast like I've never been before with a MCU movie. This is it. Let me have my moment.

THE AMAZING, THE ULTIMATE, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN!!!
FTFY

He's a massive Raimi SPIDER-MAN fan.

Just a disclaimer for those that didn't love/like those movies.

To piggyback on this, he loves the Raimi movies so much that his ideal way to put Spider-Man into the MCU is to recast Tobey as an older Peter Parker and retroactively make those movies canon. Massive fan might be an understatement, and it might color his reception to this new movie

Spinluck

To piggyback on this, he loves the Raimi movies so much that his ideal way to put Spider-Man into the MCU is to recast Tobey as an older Peter Parker and retroactively make those movies canon. Massive fan might be an understatement, and it might color his reception to this new movie

As a fan of the Raimi movies myself, I'm taking anything he says with a huge grain of salt.

Can't believe we really have people who thinks they should recast Tobey, like lmao.

phanphare

Banned

oh wow lol

that raimi kool aid got some shit in it doesn't it

phanphare

Banned
foreal though I need to know about that mondo poster

is it being given away at theaters or is it dropping on their site?

I can't see this movie at midnight but I'll be buying a ticket and leaving with that poster if it's a theater thing

it's too good

foreal though I need to know about that mondo poster

is it being given away at theaters or is it dropping on their site?

I can't see this movie at midnight but I'll be buying a ticket and leaving with that poster if it's a theater thing

It's probably going to be available on the Mondo site

The free poster is probably the IMAX one we've already seen that looks like a notebook cover

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

The free poster is probably the IMAX one we've already seen that looks like a notebook cover

For all of 5 seconds. You'll need real life Spidey sense to grab one before the scalper bots do.

phanphare

Banned

fuck

mondo drops are the most stress inducing shit ever and I never hit

Jokes aside, it'd be huge if you could throw Maguire Spidey into the MCU. Dude already has mad chemistry with RDJ.

only if holland makes many jokes at his expense

otherwise keep the garbage in the trash

The mini poster is apparently the Mondo one but only for Cinemark people? Unsure

Also don't feel bad Slay, he sees everything before everyone and doesn't share

Edit: Yup, Cinemark exclusive

I know where I'm seeing the movie now!

edit: wait, connections members....do I have to sign up for their loyalty shit? these hoops, I just want the poster

DeathyBoy

Banned
fuck

mondo drops are the most stress inducing shit ever and I never hit

only if holland makes many jokes at his expense

otherwise keep the garbage in the trash

I know where I'm seeing the movie now!

Holland'a playing little league with his little quips and his rhymes and his 'don't tell Aunt May" and his 'Queens'. And Tobey's in the big leagues and swinging for the fence. Holland needs to understand that his little jabs and his quips, it's all kiddie games. He can't leave a mark on the Kings face. Come Homecoming, understand, when he steps in the suit, his arms are just too short to box with God.

You will rue this day
I can handle whatever you throw.
giphy.gif

Also don't feel bad Slay, he sees everything before everyone and doesn't share
giphy.gif

phanphare

Banned
bought my reald 3d ticket and signed up for the connections rewards thing. coming for that poster.

Holland'a playing little league with his little quips and his rhymes and his 'don't tell Aunt May" and his 'Queens'. And Tobey's in the big leagues and swinging for the fence. Holland needs to understand that his little jabs and his quips, it's all kiddie games. He can't leave a mark on the Kings face. Come Homecoming, understand, when he steps in the suit, his arms are just too short to box with God.

holland already got that flawless victory with a quick cameo in someone else's movie

he's just doing victory laps at this point and trying to beat his own high score

DeathyBoy

Banned
bought my reald 3d ticket and signed up for the connections rewards thing. coming for that poster.

holland already got that flawless victory with a quick cameo in someone else's movie

he's just doing victory laps at this point and trying to beat his own high score

Yeah yeah, people fellated Garfield a few years ago. Let's see if either of them is still fondly remembered fifteen years from now.

Moviebob did an hour long video on how much he likes the Raimi films, and has said several times 'homecoming won't be as good as the Raimi films' cos reasons.

So he's a little biased.

satori

Sorry if this has been asked or just not known yet but how is the 3d? I am deciding what ticket to get for the fam. Wife does not do well in 3d but did fine in guardians 2.

Edit: NM just went and got the 3d tickets lol

El Topo

Yeah, no, PROFF is the bigger fan, no question. I don't even recall the last time Slayven visited the Marvel Community thread.

Pachimari

As long as I get to be the biggest Carol Danvers supporter it's all good.

I just finished my rewatch of Spider-Man 3 and it's really not so bad as what the internet wants me to believe. I just can't share this notion. Yes, I feel Gwen Stacy was horribly miscast, I hated Peter's whole enlarged self-esteem trip and Venom should have ultimately been cut. But there are some good things in this movie. I love Peter's struggle with Mary Jane, and him having to overcome himself and life's struggles. I still really dig Green Goblin II and his movie suit is amazing. Sandman was also very well done and visually very comic accurate, and I didn't have much of a problem with them retconning Ben's killer as they showed how it all went down in a flashback.

Slayven

I just finished my rewatch of Spider-Man 3 and it's really not so bad as what the internet wants me to believe. I just can't share this notion. Yes, I feel Gwen Stacy was horribly miscast, I hated Peter's whole enlarged self-esteem trip and Venom should have ultimately been cut. But there are some good things in this movie. I love Peter's struggle with Mary Jane, and him having to overcome himself and life's struggles. I still really dig Green Goblin II and his movie suit is amazing. Sandman was also very well done and visually very comic accurate, and I didn't have much of a problem with them retconning Ben's killer as they showed how it all went down in a flashback.

Aim higher

Loris146

Spidey 3 is a huge mess. Some things are good but there are a lot of issues too.

Top Bottom