• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

no more Brits as Americans pls

K32wsEU.gif

Are you sure you don't want S.H.I.E.L.D. to give him better web shooters and a Spider-Cycle? :)

k3mB12m.gif

Spinluck

SM2 doesn't come close.

To me it does.

SSM overall is better to me, but I'd say that because it got the characterization down and was truer to the source material. I am also a sucker for anything animated. SM2 is still one of a kind, I still think it's one of the top in its genre. For that I give it the nod. They found just the right tone for a superHERO film, and nailed. Not many of these movies have scenes like where he confesses to his Aunt May that he's responsible for Ben's death. I haven't watched it for a while, but man, I appreciate it more when I think about it—even though I used to have my nitpicks and whatnot.

It also gave us J.K Jameson.

E the Shaggy

Are you sure you don't want S.H.I.E.L.D. to give him better web shooters and a Spider-Cycle? :)

Oh God, I can still remember that one scene from the Ultimate Spidey cartoon when Spiderman lands that....thing on the ground and two children just appear from out of nowhere to tell him how awesome his Spider-cycle is.

Neoxon

They won't do yet another reboot of Spiderman though right? Please say no.

And please, drop the stupid web spinning device. The whole point of spiderman is genetic restructuring that makes him like a spider and can shoot webs. Dumbest thing about the Amazing Spiderman films was the need for that stupid device to shoot webs.
You do realize that the web shooters are iconic right?

Prompto

Banned
To me it does.

SSM overall is better to me, but I'd say that because it got the characterization down and was truer to the source material. I am also a sucker for anything animated. SM2 is still one of a kind, I still think it's one of the top in its genre. For that I give it the nod. They found just the right tone for a superHERO film, and nailed. Not many of these movies have scenes like where he confesses to his Aunt May that he's responsible for Ben's death. I haven't watched it for a while, but man, I appreciate it more when I think about it—even though I used to have my nitpicks and whatnot.

It also gave us J.K Jameson.
100% agree. Such a great film.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, it's not really shown well in the movies but Parker's quite the science wiz and invented them.

1671288-webshootersaf15.jpg

dat art. First panel is a 60 year old man, 2nd panel is a 12 year old boy.

They won't do yet another reboot of Spiderman though right? Please say no.

And please, drop the stupid web spinning device. The whole point of spiderman is genetic restructuring that makes him like a spider and can shoot webs. Dumbest thing about the Amazing Spiderman films was the need for that stupid device to shoot webs.

I agree.

Picture-24.png

17crf29mt56h7png.png

(I dont actually agree, organic webs is dumb)

Voror

Rather wish they weren't going as young as 15. That doesn't even make any sense for what they were going for since I thought they were planning on a Spider-Man who had been active for some time. 16-17 seemed like a better idea to me.

Didn't his shooters (or one of them) get damaged in a fight in one of the movies? I could be wrong though.

Yup heres a quote from Spider-Man's powers and equipment wikipedia

In the sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2 the web-shooters are redesigned. Unlike the previous web-shooters' improvised nature, the new web-shooters are streamlined cartridges that fit neatly onto Spider-Man's wrists that aren't shown with a palm trigger implying that they fire by Peter's wrist movements. They presumably still use Oscorp's biocable for webbing, the webbing conducts Electro's electrical power and causes the web-shooters to break. In the movie Peter attempts to modify the web-shooters to resist electricity, but with little success; by the film's climax Gwen Stacy suggests magnetizing the web-shooters to counter Electro, which ends up defeating him. T

Jesus. Who the hell was Umberto even talking to?

Its Spidey!
No.. wait, it's prolly a mutant in one of the Fox movies.
Nevermind. It's Leatherface.

Top Bottom