• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

The Spider-Man stinger should be at the end of Ant-Man. Get JJJ laughing looking at the bugle.

"Ant-Man? What a hilarious name. What's next, Spider-Man?"

or something more subtle :p

Will bring in more money for Ant-Man too

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well I would like them to hint at something else than Spidey. I mean, the MCU should be way more than Spidey. There's just a lot of things to hint at, other than Spidey. And I love Spidey.
That's why there's a mid- and post-credits scene.

Onaco

We know Civil War and Black Panther will be hinted at. With what we know about Ant-Man there could be hints there too. Lets get some after credit Spidey! Hell lets have 3 after credit scenes!

Make multiple after-credit scenes that show the new Spider-Man's back story so you don't have to waste much time in the actual movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I liked the idea in here about JJJ just yelling about the Avengers for the post credits scene. Maybe NYC gets trashed again and he goes on a rant at the end of the film, then he calls in Parker and scolds him for not getting better pictures. JJJ sends Parker out on assignment, we see Parker open his shirt to reveal the Spidey suit underneath as he runs to the camera.
At this poit, I will be utterly dissapointed when nothing like this happens :D

Make multiple after-credit scenes that show the new Spider-Man's back story so you don't have to waste much time in the actual movie.

Credits start rolling

60 seconds in, a quick scene of a boy getting bit by a spider. View is from behind, you don't see his face.

Credits keep rolling. A few minutes later, cut to another short scene, it's Simmons as Jameson in the Bugle yelling about a new masked vigilante that calls himself Spider-Man.

Credits go again until the very end. An alleyway in New York, someone is being mugged. Suddenly a web shoots into the frame and yanks one of the bad guys off screen. The victim looks up as the camera pans to the sky, and you see a glimpse of the Spidey costume swinging right at the camera. Cut to black.

SPIDER-MAN WILL RETURN IN CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR

The only part of the suit i didn't like were the small eyes, but the mainly blue gloves more than made up for it. If they kept the ASM1 suit with the ASM2 mask, I'd be more than happy.

I'll ask probably treat ASM1 as canon, but who knows, as i go back and forth on whether I consider Hulk canon or not.

I would be totally happy with ASM1 suit with big ASM2 eyes. The shiny rubbery look to the ASM1 suit really made it look like some of my favorite spidey illustrations. However, I will say that I liked the "lens holders" around the lenses being dark blue in ASM1 rather than the black in ASM2.

It's a detail people didnt notice much but I liked it.

Anth0ny

Credits start rolling

60 seconds in, a quick scene of a boy getting bit by a spider. View is from behind, you don't see his face.

Credits keep rolling. A few minutes later, cut to another short scene, it's Simmons as Jameson in the Bugle yelling about a new masked vigilante that calls himself Spider-Man.

Credits go again until the very end. An alleyway in New York, someone is being mugged. Suddenly a web shoots into the frame and yanks one of the bad guys off screen. The victim looks up as the camera pans to the sky, and you see a glimpse of the Spidey costume swinging right at the camera. Cut to black.

As this line comes up, THE MUSIC PLAYS

Credits start rolling

spiderman's film is coming after cap3

Cuburt

Thinking about it now, I hope at the end of AoU we get the rumored ending of
a tease of Cap's new team but as a mid-credit scene
and then as an after credit stinger show Tony working on his on thing.

Maybe show him working on a suit and he says something to J.A.R.V.I.S. (Vision) like, "No more drones. No more AI. I need to go back to the basics if I'm going to build a new team. What is a Tinman without a heart?"

Vision gives him a look.

Tony: "Figure of speech. Hey, I solved my heart trouble. Maybe I could build you a vibranium pacemaker. And that way you'd never have to worry about some evil witch breaking your hear-"

Vision: "No, sir, who did you have in mind?"

Tony: .... (?)

Vision: "For the suit?"

Tony: "Ah, yes; A brilliant mind. Project Insight compiled quite the list of exceptional targets for Hydra, and you know what they say, "any enemy of my enemy is my potential protégé." I'm recruiting straight out of high school like the ROTC this time. Someone who reminds me a lot of....me. But I going to make him into something spectacular."

Camera slowly pans out to reveal a partially shadowed, partially built Iron Spider armor. Music begins a slightly haunting, slightly ominous score as it fades to black.

No need for a Spidey suit or casting to be done in time and we still get some good teases. Could be done with RDJ and some CG.

E the Shaggy

As long as we're throwing in our hats for a possible post credit Spidey scene:

The Avengers have defeated Ultron and are all sitting in Avengers Tower. They're victorious but the team is also probably really shook up. Tony tries to lighten the mood by having the team try to pick up Thor's hammer again as they do in an earlier scene.

Right as Tony reaches for the Hammer, a rogue Ultron shows up and blows away the table, also firing off something to knock out most of the already tired Avengers.

"DID YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD FALL SO EASILY? I AM SUPREME! I AM THE ULTIMATE INTELLIGENCE! I AM..."
"Booringg."

A web line slams into Ultron's face and his head is ripped clean off. Panning shot to reveal Spidey holding Ultron's head and crushing it.

"Just don't make psychopathic artificial intelligences like they used to right guys?"

Spidey swings over to the team and hands Stark the head.

"I believe...this belongs...to you. So uhhh you guys hiring?"

Tony smiles at the camera. Cut to black.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
They should make a situation like back then in Amazing Spider-Man #1, when Spidey wanted to join the Fantastic Four and where he broke into the Baxter Building. Just replace them with the Avengers.

TimFL

As long as we're throwing in our hats for a possible post credit Spidey scene:

The Avengers have defeated Ultron and are all sitting in Avengers Tower. They're victorious but the team is also probably really shook up. Tony tries to lighten the mood by having the team try to pick up Thor's hammer again as they do in an earlier scene.

Right as Tony reaches for the Hammer, a rogue Ultron shows up and blows away the table, also firing off something to knock out most of the already tired Avengers.

"DID YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD FALL SO EASILY? I AM SUPREME! I AM THE ULTIMATE INTELLIGENCE! I AM..."
"Booringg."

A web line slams into Ultron's face and his head is ripped clean off. Panning shot to reveal Spidey holding Ultron's head and crushing it.

"Just don't make psychopathic artificial intelligences like they used to right guys?"

Spidey swings over to the team and hands Stark the head.

"I believe...this belongs...to you. So uhhh you guys hiring?"

Tony smiles at the camera. Cut to black.

After-after-credits scene:

Camera cuts back to the group. Spidey takes off his mask, revealing that it's Tobey Maguire looking like a teenager due to a lot of makeup and special effects.

Cut to black.

Tobey returning is what causes the events of Cap 3: Civil War.

Hex

Banned
It will probably be something with Stark talking to someone, and then his cel phone rings and it is the old Spidey cartoon theme.
He takes it out of his pocket and silences it and says "Sorry about that" and goes on to whatever the scene is about.

Subtle nod that will make people mark out like crazy.

Pavaloo

fade from black

the aftermath of an ultron ravaged new york

a citizen looks up in the sky

"HE STOLE THAT GUY'S PIZZA!"

maxresdefault.jpg

fin

The two Hulk films aren't related in any way, shape or form, I don't understand why people think this.

Probably because it's half-true as we were trying to say. Know the facts before you start spreading them.

If you read about the production, TIH started as a sequel to The Hulk before it became an MCU film.
The second Hulk movie literally picks up right where the first one leaves off. The first wasn't an MCU film so it is officially unrelated and the split resulted in a lot of the script being changed so that it no longer fully matched, but it's quite obvious that they were loosely related and to say otherwise is just being difficult.

Just look at this straight from producer Gale Anne Hurd:
"We couldn't quite figure out how to term this ... It's kind of a reboot and it's kind of a sequel. ...a requel."

There you have it.

Penguin

This isn't much of a rumor... seems more like a conclusion based on assumptions, but...

https://instagram.com/p/0AjcPZDpuc/

HOT RUMOR! RT! Could #EastEnders star Sam Strike be the new SPIDER-MAN? Strike's manager Lee Morgan has tweeted that the actor "has been offered the lead role in a very big US film, Info soon." Strike also tweeted that he started working out at the gym for cheeky new role. Get this, Strike then tweeted Robert Downey Jr the day of hitting the gym. Hmmm...will investigate further with sources later this morning. The actor is 21 so he is within the age range #Marvel is looking at. #SamStrike #Spiderman

They won't do yet another reboot of Spiderman though right? Please say no.

And please, drop the stupid web spinning device. The whole point of spiderman is genetic restructuring that makes him like a spider and can shoot webs. Dumbest thing about the Amazing Spiderman films was the need for that stupid device to shoot webs.

Mumei

Madridista, thanks. I'll watch on my lunch break~

Fucking terrible, that's what that is.

Is it terrible because you dislike Sam Strike for this role in particular, because you dislike Sam Strike as an actor more generally, or is it terrible only because you would have preferred someone different?

And please, drop the stupid web spinning device. The whole point of spiderman is genetic restructuring that makes him like a spider and can shoot webs. Dumbest thing about the Amazing Spiderman films was the need for that stupid device to shoot webs.

What? No, web-shooters are the best.

Slayven

nope

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
This isn't much of a rumor... seems more like a conclusion based on assumptions, but...

https://instagram.com/p/0AjcPZDpuc/

That would make two EastEnders actors heading to Hollywood, both in superhero movies (Ben Hardy is in the new X-Men)

Scene with Sam Strike from Eastenders. Based on this, I don't like him as Peter Parker but I have only seen this one scene.

To be honest, there's nothing in EastEnders that you can really cherry pick out and analyse. He's definitely not a terrible actor, but Spider-Man? Nah.

This is probably one of his better scenes, though it's a serious one, not light-hearted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvMFjLiYSXw

Hystzen

Errr what Spider-Man having webshooters is Spider-Man. Every story is him using them and making them

Pachimari

The web shooters are part of his origin. Not the generic shooting from the Raimi movies. I'm indifferent on which method they'll go with.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I thought mechanical web slingers was the thing for Spidey? People were super upset at the organic webs in Sam Raimi's films.

Pachimari

I thought mechanical web slingers was the thing for Spidey? People were super upset at the organic webs in Sam Raimi's films.

And it is.

I also don't believe this Sam Strike speculation. In fact, I won't believe anything until Marvel says something this time.

I don't mind the organic web shooters, but serious question, is this parody?

So many wrongs in that post.

Is it terrible because you dislike Sam Strike for this role in particular, because you dislike Sam Strike as an actor more generally, or is it terrible only because you would have preferred someone different?.

Not a particularly good actor, and for a role that was rumored to be open to more "liberal" interpretations, it would be very depressing that a white blonde blue eyed bloke from the UK with an annoying mug would get to play it.

Never read Spider-man comics, I take it?

Web shooters have been there since day one.

Top Bottom