• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

J3fmcVC.jpg

Man, it'd be so amazing if they were able to keep Spiderman's casting a secret - and have this scene be not just the announcement of Spidey, but the reveal of who's playing him.

Haha, yes.

Either bring back the original cast or go totally new (+ JK Simmons). I don't want that Andrew Garfield fucker and the weird cast they assembled for his (NON CANON) films.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
J3fmcVC.jpg

Man, it'd be so amazing if they were able to keep Spiderman's casting a secret - and have this scene be not just the announcement of Spidey, but the reveal of who's playing him.
Oh god. Please. Let it be like this.

btrboyev

probably logan lerman

not sure of anyone else lol

You know it's possible we could have an adult looking person play spider-man right? He doesn't have to be a young teen/Early 20's character anymore. We've had that already.

Let's see a spider-man in his late 20's early 30's.

Jake Gyllenhal would be my pick.

J@hranimo

Banned
YES!

My boy Spidey is BACK

He's probably gonna be in Cap America 3: Civil War.
I also hope this new Spiderman is Mile Morales played by Donald Glover

ezekial45

Banned
I'm gonna be in the minority here, but I think they should try out Donald Glover or another new take on SpiderMan. That'd be rad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This was always going to be one of the negatives that fans were going to have to swallow when Spidey came home. Black Panther was going to take a hit to the shins. I wouldn't be surprised if T'Challa's role is shrunk just a little bit to accomodate Peter's, on top of T'Challa's movie getting bumped back on the schedule, too.
I feel like they original set up Black Panther to "be" Spider-Man and they will just subjugate him to a secondary chess piece for Tony and Cap to fight over.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So will all MCU films with Spidey appearing in it (like Captain America Civil War and Avengers Infinity War) have the Columbia Pictures logo now, with Sony getting a cut of the box office?

HUELEN10

YES!

My boy Spidey is BACK

He's probably gonna be in Cap America 3: Civil War.
I also hope this new Spiderman is Mile Morales played by Donald Glover
Hope it's not mike, but if it is him and it is not Donald, I will be so pissed; he would be PERFECT.

Snaku

Banned
I wonder how great a movie you'd make if you were forced to make some else's vision.

What vision? They let him have free reign over two films, and all they wanted in the third was the most requested fan favorite villain to finally show up instead of some crusty old man with wings. Hardly gives him an excuse for the Uncle Ben retcon, emo Peter, more ridiculous MJ drama, and the plot if you can call it that.

Nephtis

I am excited but this keeps popping up in my head:

Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

I am very happy with ASM. We have the perfect Spidey. But Sony is known for really fucking up villains (except for Doc Ock, bring Molina back).

Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

seems like Sony is gonna make bank

You know it's possible we could have an adult looking person play spider-man right? He doesn't have to be a young teen/Early 20's character anymore. We've had that already.

Let's see a spider-man in his late 20's early 30's.

Yeah i wouldn't mind a bit older spiderman i just can't really think of who could play that part

Afrodium

Banned
Given that this is coming out in 2017 I imagine that the first standalone Spidey movie will be a reworked version of what ASM3 would have been. Is there really enough time to write a new script, cast, shoot, edit and do effects by 2017?

Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

So what does Marvel get out of this? The potential added bonus of having Spiderman in MCU movies? Did they really need that? Those movies made bank without him.

I'm a bit confused by the arrangements.

Hell yea they are. Win Win all around. We get great Spiderman movies, Sony get's more money, Marvel get's more money, the mouse laughs all the way to the bank.

I don't even care that stuff got pushed back, it's spidey!

Top Bottom