• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

GAMEPROFF

Banned
At the end of the day you know you'd rather watch Spider-Man 1 than Iron Man 2 and 3 or Thor 2 any time.

50cfdd8c8a5b58e660675252cb5202e2.jpg
Oh my, is this real?

anaron

Well i'm not sure about marrage. Peter just being a dude who wants to protect his family and his city because he can. Works older or younger
. It reaches a point where that core conflict starts to look a little ridiculous when the hero practically has everything

Village

. It reaches a point where that core conflict starts to look a little ridiculous when the hero practically has everything

Its a dude in spider costume who hangs out with a god, modern jeckl and hyde, a genious who made his own mechs amd a guy litterally frozen in time. And THAT IS SIllY

I gotta show you batman

Furyous

How does this benefit Marvel? From what I'm reading Sony finances, markets, distributes the film and maintains creative control. What does Marvel get out of this financially?

Neoxon

At the end of the day you know you'd rather watch Spider-Man 1 than Iron Man 2 and 3 or Thor 2 any time.

50cfdd8c8a5b58e660675252cb5202e2.jpg
Maybe not over Iron Man 3.
How does this benefit Marvel? From what I'm reading Sony finances, markets, distributes the film and maintains creative control. What does Marvel get out of this financially?
Final creative control = Sony has to approve of whatever Marvel does
Marvel's the driver & Sony's riding shotgun.

Ithil

They control Spider-Man in every other avenue other than film, including merchandising. Spider-Man makes more in merchandising for Marvel every year than every other Marvel property combined, including Avengers, and that's without the film rights.

With the film in their MCU, Marvel will make more money from Spider-Man merch than they would have with any "cut" of a Spider-Man movie.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I wonder how this will impact Daredevil. Spidey and Daredevil gotta cross paths at some point. Two crimson spandex wearing crimefighters in the same backyard.

Marvel owns the merchandise rights to the movies. So better they do more money they make and Spidey makes a shit ton of money in merchandising. Also lets them do brand control and prevent any massive damage to Spidey to hamper the merchandise.

Plus boost for movies even more so.

PsychBat!

Banned
So basically let's take away everything that makes Peters struggles interesting.

No thanks.

The obsession with having an older, successful male model/genius Peter Larker is so dumb.

lol why do people think he'll be successful? If anything his life is much more of an unsuccessful and irresponsible goof.

You have no idea how miserable Peter's life is. And I'm talking about the stories that came before One More Day.

Wazzy

Banned
lol why do people think he'll be successful? If anything his life is much more of an unsuccessful and irresponsible goof.

You have no idea how miserable Peter's life is. And I'm talking about the stories that came before One More Day.

I'm talking about the iconic aspects of Peter. His poor life.

Well i'm not sure about marrage. Peter just being a dude who wants to protect his family and his city because he can. Works older or younger

If he's already seasoned and an adult, you take away a lot of the interesting parts of what made him into who he is now. One of the most exciting idea's of Peter interacting with Avengers is his relationship with Cap and Tony and how much bigger Civil War would be because of it.

I'm not saying 16 fresh in high school Peter but definitely college age, working hard to just try and support himself and Aunt May while balancing his powers and responsibilities.

AlexBasch

Ah, I embraced the emo douchebag thing once I got free of an awful relationship.

God knows I felt like that. I'm still in love with the awesome suit he buys in that amazing scene. :p

Pavaloo

_1335385332.jpg

" I don't know. Just, uh... Um... I don't know, we could, I don't know, we could uh... Or we could do something else, or we could, with no... We, like, we could... "

"Yeah"

"Yeah? "

"Yeah, either one. "

"C H E M I S T R Y" #chemistry #reblog

They should definitely get Jake Gyllenhal to play Parker.

I don't want a young teen Parker again. Let's get an older, engaged/married Parker, who is still as snarky as ever, but more experienced and out of the whole teenage angst thing.

c267dd9f324c28878e84ff155d19671c.jpg

objection!!!! Parker has hazel eyes.. no blue eyed actor should be Peter Parker

Top Bottom