• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Mary Elizabeth Winestead makes no sense. She can't play a high schooler. Doesn't help she is around 10 years older than those in discussions to play Parker.
I know but a guy can dream right? It was more of a 'this should have happened' suggestion. I know it doesn't make sense, just having fun, not like everyone will always suggest people that make sense. If only though, if only.

I'm just excited to see how this all plays out. The characters, the villains, the cast for those characters, Spidey fighting alongside the avengers swinging around doing awesome shit. I can't wait.

Avixph

Doctor Otto Octavius should be introduced from the beginning of the new film series in order to show his downward spiral and to be able to have Superior Spider-Man later down the road.

OldRoutes

Doctor Otto Octavius should be introduced from the beginning of the new film series in order to show his downward spiral and to be able to have Superior Spider-Man later down the road.

Hummm.. I don't think Superior Spider-Man would make sense at all on film.

guek

Banned

Superior Spider-man is a (very) poor man's Kraven's Last Hunt

guek

Banned

Well I'm not a huge fan of Dan Slott so I wouldn't be the most objective critic. Personally though I found Spock to be extremely shallow and portrayed as very comically incompetent super villain. More importantly though, while the whole incident put Peter in a really awkward place in his life upon his return, it made no major impact on him as a character. Kraven's Last Hunt is about Peter getting over a fear of death. Both have super villains assuming Peter's identity while he's presumed to be dead but Superior Spider-man made zero impact for me on the actual character of Spider-man.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

kinda the same sequence of events if you think about it, Kraven puts spidey in a grave, puts on the suit and impersonates him to prove he's better than him.

Otto takes over petes body and then goes on to prove what he could do with spidey's power

they aren't exactly the same or executed the same way but similar idea.

guek

Banned
kinda the same sequence of events if you think about it, Kraven puts spidey in a grave, puts on the suit and impersonates him to prove he's better than him.

Otto takes over petes body and then goes on to prove what he could do with spidey's power

There's also the fact that Kraven's Last Hunt has two compelling character arcs. Kraven "wins" by becoming what he believes is a better Spider-man. In his mind, he not only conquers Spider-man in the hunt, he conquers Spider-mans very life, bringing closure to his own and allowing him to die on his terms while having no more challenges in life. Peter conversely overcomes his fear of death by clinging to that which gives meaning to his life, Mary Jane.

What did Peter learn from the Spock debacle? That Otto Octavius was a dick and is now kinda sorta less of a dick. What did Otto learn? That Peter is a better Spider-man. Riveting.

guek

Banned
And just cuz y'all got me thinking of Kraven's Last Hunt

scan0008.jpg

scan0009.jpg

Easily one of my favorite comic book stories of all time.

Avixph

Well I'm not a huge fan of Dan Slott so I wouldn't be the most objective critic. Personally though I found Spock to be extremely shallow and portrayed as very comically incompetent super villain. More importantly though, while the whole incident put Peter in a really awkward place in his life upon his return, it made no major impact on him as a character. Kraven's Last Hunt is about Peter getting over a fear of death. Both have super villains assuming Peter's identity while he's presumed to be dead but Spectacular Spider-man made zero impact for me on the actual character of Spider-man.

Oh okay, but how did Kraven impersonate Spider-Man without his powers and abilities?

Is the thought process on, "No Andrew Garfield," just due to the fact that they want to separate this film from previous entries or has another reasoning been made public?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
what? Folks still saying Idris

only thing i could think of is when he was caught answering a tough question about a marvel role on some late night talk show and even then people were like yeah whatever so about Idris playing Black Panther....how they gonna fix the Heimdall situation???

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Okay real talk

I don't even like Nickelback but this was the fucking jam for me as a kid. When the credits rolled and this song played the first time I saw Spider-Man I felt so elated. It captures the spirit of that childlike wonder of heroism really well.
Same here, it was the bomb. I'll forever have a soft spot for that one.

Hahaha, I've never seen that before. I commend Josh for the effort but he doesn't really do it for me. He's also just...too short :-(
which really depresses me since he and I are the same height

A short and tiny Spider-Man would be fun; he'd really look like the ''kid down the street'' right next to the Avengers.

ZeroFate

what? Folks still saying Idris

only thing i could think of is when he was caught answering a tough question about a marvel role on some late night talk show and even then people were like yeah whatever so about Idris playing Black Panther....how they gonna fix the Heimdall situation???

I don't remember Boseman being mentioned once in terms of a fancast honestly.

Man... I KNOW I remember hordes of people on here mentioning Chadwick way before the announcement. I'd also like to think those were (mostly) joke posts on Idris too.

Top Bottom