• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

"sounds dumb, let's just put his entire rogues gallery into one movie"
-avi arad

i'd love to see Mysterio in MCU SM

Avi & Co have killed two Spider-man franchises. I think that possible makes him my nemesis, or my mortal enemy. I can't decide.

I want a jacked up Tobey Maguire to play Eddie Brock when he shows up.

I want it to be revealed that Norman Osborn is Peter's father, and he's responsible for all the main Spider-man villains, and created 3-CPO.

Would still be better than ASM2.

guek

Banned
I keep imagining an Eddie Brock that's only a few years older than Peter since they're aiming for high school aged but it occurred to me how interesting it might be to see an older, seasoned reporter for the Bugle getting scoped by a teenaged snot and slowly growing more and more resentful as Peter, and Spider-Man, continually get the best of him. I don't think we've seen that dynamic between the two before.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I keep imagining an Eddie Brock that's only a few years older than Peter since they're aiming for high school aged but it occurred to me how interesting it might be to see an older, seasoned reporter for the Bugle getting scoped by a teenaged snot and slowly growing more and more resentful as Peter, and Spider-Man, continually get the best of him. I don't think we've seen that dynamic between the two before.
Sounds almost like Spider-Man 3.

Avixph

Maybe similar to the Eddie Brock from the Spectacular Spider-Man TV show?

Closest I can think is the Fox cartoon. Also I think the definitive depiction of Venom for me.

Someone posts that horn honking gif I swear to fucking Quill's mom....

Neoxon

Closest I can think is the Fox cartoon. Also I think the definitive depiction of Venom for me.

Someone posts that horn honking gif I swear to fucking Quill's mom....
BxHNj6y.gif

E the Shaggy

What the hell is with this "They might bring back Tobey Maguire" thing? He's 40 now. The reason they're getting rid of Garfield is because he's too old.

It's okay because even if Green Goblin hadn't fucked her then promptly murdered her to remove her claim on their genetically enhanced twins
fucks sake
, she would have died from Spidey's radioactive sperm...

... they need new writers don't they

Avixph

It's okay because even if Green Goblin hadn't fucked her then promptly murdered her to remove her claim on their genetically enhanced twins
fucks sake
, she would have died from Spidey's radioactive sperm...

... they need new writers don't they
Hopefully it gets retconned after the Secret War event.

E the Shaggy

it really pisses me off that this is a thing.

what kind of monster thinks this is a good "twist"?

The story was originally supposed to be a story about Peter being the father of Gwen's twins. It was ultimately shot down, but instead of doing the logical thing and getting rid of the story, Quesada and Co decided, "Fuck it." and made Osborn the father, which is just amazingly fucked up.

Seriously, reading that Gwen was "totally turned on by Norman's magnetism" was just....wrong.

Just imagine an R-rated, uncut version of that scene featuring Emma Stone and Willem Dafoe.

post-55784-emma-stone-were-gonna-bang-gif-4hw9.gif

gddy.gif

And of course...

cry-about-it-lol.gif

OSBOOOOOOOOOOOORRRN

The perfect unholy fusion of Raimi and Webb.

how interesting it might be to see an older, seasoned reporter for the Bugle getting scoped by a teenaged snot and slowly growing more and more resentful as Peter, and Spider-Man, continually get the best of him. I don't think we've seen that dynamic between the two before.

I'd love to see this.

munchie64

Reminds me of Negative Exposure.

What the hell is with this "They might bring back Tobey Maguire" thing? He's 40 now. The reason they're getting rid of Garfield is because he's too old.

Some people liked Tobey as Spider-Man so they'll take any chance they can get to hold on to their dream of having him back. It definitely makes no sense in this context and it is most certainly not happening. Now JK Simmons on the other hand, there is a real chance.

I never liked Tobey in the role so I was glad when he was gone but what goes around comes around and now it's my turn to weep at the loss of Andrew.

Top Bottom