• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Pachimari

Can't we for once have a Spidey discussion without talking about it being Peter or Miles? It said in the initial announcement that it's gonna be Peter Parker. And the race talk, just do it in one of the other two threads.

I'm really happy about Rothman not getting any influence. That's new as we weren't sure about that, if Latino Review are to be believed.

Can't we for once have a Spidey discussion without talking about it being Peter or Miles? It said in the initial announcement that it's gonna be Peter Parker. And the race talk, just do it in one of the other two threads.

You know how people are.

And honestly, I don't know why people want Disney to put itself in a corner so early on. Marvel Studios has movies planned out into the 2030s, if not farther. Any "Death of Spider-Man"/passing the torch stuff is decades down the line.

LaNaranja

Are we still getting a Sinister Six movie? If so would Marvel be helping with those too? It would be really great to see a team of villains planning a heist or some other crime in secret because the MCU is too dangerous for them to do stuff solo. Then troll the audience and have Ant-Man be the one who beats them in the end.

Pachimari

Are we still getting a Sinister Six movie? If so would Marvel be helping with those too? It would be really great to see a team of villains planning a heist or some other crime in secret because the MCU is too dangerous for them to do stuff solo. Then troll the audience and have Ant-Man be the one who beats them in the end.
The official word is that they are going through with the Sinister Six and Venom movies but wiithout Marvel involved.

How about making him half-Asian?

jSaFajX.jpg

Perfect. Haha, I love these classic Spider-man edits. He always have me dying.

it really wouldn't. elfman is composing some music for Age of Ultron, marvel's already working with him

Yes, I see that. But this Spider-Man is a reboot, and generally reboots either have a new composer, or a composer who has tackled said character usually doesn't want to do it in a reboot because they don't want to be redundant with the new score.

Both of those might not be the case here, but I think in this case, it's not going to happen.

This is everything we already knew (in our hearts) to be true.

Marvel/Feige is in charge. Amy is a "Yes (wo)Man" that handles the money and the marketing. and Avi Arad got a consolation credit.
whats new is that Marvel insulated the movie from any outside Sony influence (thank gawd).

now hopefully they worked some fine print in the contract that gives them control of the IP somewhere down the line. like after X amount of $ are made, or X amount of movies are made or some sort of loophole they can later exploit if they need to.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Know what would be dope? Having the Guardians bring Venom to earth accidentally in Avengers 3.

Yes please.

End Phase 3 with that.

Have Phase 4's Spider-Man 2 include the Black Suit story, and culminate Phase 4 with full on symbiote crazyiness.

Phase 5 has an Agent Venom movie.

J10

Banned
Do you really want Marvel redoing shit we already saw in previous Spider-Man movies? There are like hundreds of Spider-Man stories they could choose from.

Loke13

Do you really want Marvel redoing shit we already saw in previous Spider-Man movies? There are like hundreds of Spider-Man stories they could choose from.
I think a lot of people just want to see that 90's nostalgia on the big screen.

Neoxon

So assuming LR is on the money like they were before with the Spider-Man scoops (except the whole "too late for Civil War" part which apparently was worked out), we know that...

- Like I said before, Marvel's driving Sony's car & Amy Pascal is riding shotgun
- Spidey will most likely remain white
- The new CEO has no involvement (good news if true)
- Spidey will most likely have a cameo in AoU (though it sounded like speculation in the article)

Neoxon

Just make shit up to make yourself feel better. LOL
My point is that this is Feige we're talking about, he wouldn't willingly sign this deal if he didn't have a good deal of control over the whole thing. More so given Sony's track record.

kirblar

If it was done well previously, definitely should be left alone for a while. But Venom's not in that category.

If Sony fucks up, there's likely a clause in the contract stating that Marvel would get the rights in full. Sony's not gonna risk it.

I agree that it's very unlikely Feige would have agreed to a deal that didn't guarantee Sony stays mostly hands-off, but let's not go crazy here.

BLACKLAC

Indeed.

Sony's not going to risk losing their largest franchise.

Funny thing is if Marvel kills it with the next Spider-man movie and the fans go crazy for it Sony may lose it anyway. I can imagine the massive shit storm Sony would be in if they tried to pull Spidey from Marvel in that scenario.

So assuming LR is on the money like they were before with the Spider-Man scoops (except the whole "too late for Civil War" part which apparently was worked out), we know that...

- Like I said before, Marvel's driving Sony's car & Amy Pascal is riding shotgun
- Spidey will most likely remain white
- The new CEO has no involvement (good news if true)
- Spidey will most likely have a cameo in AoU (though it sounded like speculation in the article)

The white thing just seems like his own strong opinion.

E the Shaggy

Avi Arad looks like Dieter Stark from The Lost world (aka the guy who plays every russian character ever)

I'd really like to know what Avi Arad's "job" is, like what does he do from day to day? Is it just answering questions about Spider-Man? Is it going to other producers and directors and executives and being like "No, Spider-Man wouldn't do this."

It seems like with a lot of these consultants and stuff for the Marvel movies could be just about anyone with rudimentary knowledge of the characters.

Neoxon

lol

business - how do it work?
You act as if Marvel needed Spider-Man, they didn't. They made Guardians of the Galaxy into an A-list franchise, & are going to do the same for Black Panther, Captain Marvel, & the Inhumans. They could have gone on just fine without Spidey. Sony on the other hand got themselves into this situation in the first place. Like I said before, Feige wouldn't put the MCU at risk by letting Sony have most of the creative say over Spidey, since he could damage the MCU as a whole if they mess up.

Is Joss Whedon done with Avengers going forward? I know there is a lot of talk about the Russo brothers taking over -so could Whedon direct the solo Spider-Man?

Pachimari

Is Joss Whedon done with Avengers going forward? I know there is a lot of talk about the Russo brothers taking over -so could Whedon direct the solo Spider-Man?
He seems to want to create his own thing. I think he'll take a break from the MCU. And then come back to direct Captain Marvel.

Neoxon

Judging by his comments from a while back, sadly yes. He may still do the script for Infinity War or oversee Phase 3 like he did 2, but he won't direct Infinity War.

Ithil

He'll probably be back to direct more movies, but after two straight Avengers films (basically the last five years of his life) he's looking to go create a new property of his own again and take a break.

Depending on how big that is, he might do one of the Phase 3 films or he might not return til Phase 4. I do hope he decides to write Infinity War, however.

I imagine he'll still consult, produce, etc, just not personally helm any of the films for a while.

You mean the symbiote latching onto their ship, right?

Anything really. Maybe whatever meteor they end up fighting Thanos on is home to the symbiote. Who knows. Just generally makes it more believable and linked. I'll just never get over Spiderman 2 introducing J. Jonah Jameson's son at great lengths, then having the thing land on an asteroid... what the hell.

Top Bottom