• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

kunonabi

The people who wanted Spider-Man to enter the MCU the most were most likely the fans, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to think those people would recognize the theme.

I wouldn't. The elfman spidey theme really isn't as distinct or memorable as the raimi fans think it is.

I'll commit suicide if she gets cast for anything other than "statue #3".

And they look too much alike.

tumblr_mzd1i0hKgB1t11o3ao1_500.jpg

I love the arrangement of the theme but the melody is kinda all over the place.

still think it's better than anything the MCU has produced.

The best thing MCU has gotten for a theme was the First Avenger theme, followed closely by The Avengers theme. Those are not in the same league as the Elfman or Williams stuff, but it is the closest they have gotten.

The greatest super hero theme is, and always shall be, William's Superman theme.

The credits are nothing but the logo and words flying at the screen, and it still gets you pumped.

I feel fairly safe in saying, after 30+ years, that there isnt' going to be a single superhero theme that ever meets, much less tops, this piece of music. It's so well executed that for many people, when they think Superman, they don't see a particular incarnation - they hear that music.

also: Garfield looks like he's Shailene Woodley's older brother in that photo.

Tobor

I feel fairly safe in saying, after 30+ years, that there isnt' going to be a single superhero theme that ever meets, much less tops, this piece of music. It's so well executed that for many people, when they think Superman, they don't see a particular incarnation - they hear that music.

This is the truest thing you've ever said. Bravo.

plainr_

LOL. I can definitely see the resemblance.

Pavaloo

to me elfman's spidey theme is synonymous with images of people screaming "go spidey go" or spider-man swinging straight through the headlines

it's a perfect marriage imo

GAMEPROFF

Banned
to me elfman's spidey theme is synonymous with images of people screaming "go spidey go" or spider-man swinging straight through the headlines

This is what I feel to.
The darker passages of the theme are like the green goblin throwing pumpkin bombs :D

Spinluck

i need to watch teen wolf. not just because of this, but doubly so because of this.

he looks the part, but he'll definitely be the cutest peter we've had yet. guess it's no surprise that they keep pushing 'cuter' with each iteration, but always pictured peter as a fairly plain guy in my head. Even Garfield is a bit on the geeky side. Dylan is rather a pretty boy type.

People used to complain that Garfield was too attractive to be Parker.

Something I never understood.

Would be glad if it's DOB. He looks the part and is a good choice for young Parker.

Spinluck

According to the supposed leaker, Logan Lerman was going to get the role before the casting guys saw Dylan O'Brien's spectacular audition (pun intended).

Is there anything I could watch this guy in?

Maze Runner was a kids movie even though his role seemed serious. He was good in it though, has enough to be convincing Spidey. I also don't plan on watching Teen Wolf anytime in my lifetime.

Maybe there are YouTube highlight clips or something.

Spinluck

It's only second to Williams' Superman. It's an incredible theme, a theme that went along with two of the best opening credits for a superhero film. Perhaps the best openings :p

Whenever I hear it I still catch that same sense of wonder I had when I first saw the movies in theaters. Superhero movies don't really have that same feel anymore, and it probably has to do with growing up and the quantity of them now. But man, that theme is timeless.

There is literally no bad to Elfgod coming back.

Tobor

Elfman's Spidey theme was completely unremarkable. It's mediocre and wouldn't even make a top 10 of Elfman themes.

TimFL

According to the supposed leaker, Logan Lerman was going to get the role before the casting guys saw Dylan O'Brien's spectacular audition (pun intended).

If I was the front runner for the Spidey role and someone else got it I'd probably spend the rest of my life in the fetal position.

The pain he probably feels right now if that is true, poor Logan. He was pretty good in Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Nice.

O'Brien under the mask, Goddard behind the camera.

edit: well, maybe not O'Brien, then, if that full report is to be believed. Or at least, maybe not O'Brien YET.

Top Bottom