• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

I liked it too.

Since they're skipping the origin this time around, I'm still going to treat ASM1 as the loose prequel to the MCU Spidey (as long as there aren't any huge contradictions). Sort of like how Hulk>Incredible Hulk were half-related.

The rumored new guy looks similar to Andrew and it's said they're going for a similar attitude.

ASM2 never happened.
The only part of the suit i didn't like were the small eyes, but the mainly blue gloves more than made up for it. If they kept the ASM1 suit with the ASM2 mask, I'd be more than happy.

I'll ask probably treat ASM1 as canon, but who knows, as i go back and forth on whether I consider Hulk canon or not.

zychi

Banned
I'm bummed Garfield got kicked to the curb. He was a great Spiderman for the shitty editing and cuts they did to the films.

duckroll

I don't see Spider-man appearing in AoU for a bunch of reasons. One big issue would be the costume. This is Spider-man returning to the MCU. It's a huge deal for Marvel and for fans. Wouldn't they want to get the look just right? Why would they rush out a costume design in a month just to get it into AoU for an easter egg? It should be done right, if they're going to do it at all.

Loke13

I don't see Spider-man appearing in AoU for a bunch of reasons. One big issue would be the costume. This is Spider-man returning to the MCU. It's a huge deal for Marvel and for fans. Wouldn't they want to get the look just right? Why would they rush out a costume design in a month just to get it into AoU for an easter egg? It should be done right, if they're going to do it at all.
Well that's an easy fix. Don't have him in the costume for the sure to be extremely short cameo in that case you're introducing Peter Parker instead of Spider-Man.

Hopefully the Thursday announcement is this.... I am already tired of waiting.

Well that's an easy fix. Don't have him in the costume for the sure to be extremely short cameo in that case you're introducing Peter Parker instead of Spider-Man.

My thoughts exactly.

duckroll

Peter Parker would also require a level of design though. Even if they do cast someone tomorrow, there's still work to be done on deciding how he should look. The hair, the glasses, the attire, etc. There really isn't that much time to do it, and for such a major character you would want to make a good first impression rather than to half-ass it.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd imagine a Marvel has had designs worked out for a while now.

I'd like it to be like Terrence Howard's line.

Dylan sees the events of AoU happening on a school TV, starts running out of school, teacher screams "Parker!" , He starts re buttoning his shirt over a hint of red webbed costume underneath.

"Next time..."

BLACKLAC

Dylan sees the events of AoU happening on a school TV, starts running out of school, teacher screams "Parker!" , He starts re buttoning his shirt over a hint of red webbed costume underneath.

"Next time..."

Tempting fate with that shit, lol.

They've probably had a costume designed for a while considering this has been in the works for quite some time, and especially if they even had an alternate script for Cap 3 with Spidey in it as has been rumoured.

I imagine all they'd need to do is fit him for it and shoot a quick tease for a mid/post credits scene, AOU is still a couple months away. It could happen

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
As I recall they shot the shawarma scene the night of the premiere for the first avengers so them just quickly doing a design or even a silhouette of a CG Spider-Man for a AoU scene isn't too far fetched

duckroll

As I recall they shot the shawarma scene the night of the premiere for the first avengers so them just quickly doing a design or even a silhouette of a CG Spider-Man for a AoU scene isn't too far fetched

I don't think it's the same thing though. Comparing a joke scene where a bunch of a cast are basically just eating in costume, and the first appearance of Marvel's most popular character in their cinematic universe doesn't seem proportional...

"Next time..."

Cool idea although the AoU events don't take place in NY so Peter is pretty much helpless

Wouldn't mind something similar to that, though.

Poona

While it isn't as legendary as his Batman theme, Elfman's Spidey theme is still awesome.

The greatest super hero theme is, and always shall be, William's Superman theme.

The credits are nothing but the logo and words flying at the screen, and it still gets you pumped.

That was the biggest downer for me in Man of Steel. It's just not Superman without that amazing theme. The Smallville series ended with it too, so I just thought it'd always be there for Superman.

Imperial

"Next time..."

That'd be amazing

jmood88

That was the biggest downer for me in Man of Steel. It's just not Superman without that amazing theme. The Smallville series ended with it too, so I just thought it'd always be there for Superman.
Reeves-era fans need to let those movies go and enjoy the current movies as they are. If you want the music and everything so bad, just watch the old movies.

Reeves-era fans need to let those movies go and enjoy the current movies as they are. If you want the music and everything so bad, just watch the old movies.

I'm all for fresh ideas and such but that theme is just iconic, and forever linked with Superman.

Can you imagine outrage if a new theme was composed for the Star Wars text scroll?

sol_bad

I liked it too.

Since they're skipping the origin this time around, I'm still going to treat ASM1 as the loose prequel to the MCU Spidey (as long as there aren't any huge contradictions). Sort of like how Hulk>Incredible Hulk were half-related.

The two Hulk films aren't related in any way, shape or form, I don't understand why people think this.

During AoU, a second-in-command villain or henchman escapes from the action, not to be mentioned again.

After the credits, Stark walks out onto the balcony of Avengers tower to find that villain trapped in a giant web. Makes a snarky comment.

No Peter Parker, no costume, but a big-ass tease that should please fans.

J10

Banned
During AoU, a second-in-command villain or henchman escapes from the action, not to be mentioned again.

After the credits, Stark walks out onto the balcony of Avengers tower to find that villain trapped in a giant web. Makes a snarky comment.

No Peter Parker, no costume, but a big-ass tease that should please fans.

Simpler than that: Have an object get snatched out of somebody's hand with a webshooter out of frame.

Mariolee

The two Hulk films aren't related in any way, shape or form, I don't understand why people think this.

They stated in interviews that they were treating The Hulk movie as a bit of a loose prequel. Technically not canon but baaically goes over the same stuff as nothing aside from actors in The Incredible Hulk directly contradicts The Hulk as far as I remember.

Simpler than that: Have an object get snatched out of somebody's hand with a webshooter out of frame.

I don't know if that'll be obvious enough visually. A white string darting in and out of frame is somewhat vague.

Alternatively, they can really cheap out and just have Fury look to the camera and say, "We've got a spider problem." Which I hope happens, because it'd be so dumb and on-the-nose, it'd be hilarious.

I don't know if that'll be obvious enough visually. A white string darting in and out of frame is somewhat vague.

Alternatively, they can really cheap out and just have Fury look to the camera and say, "We've got a spider problem." Which I hope happens, because it'd be so dumb and on-the-nose, it'd be hilarious.

Lol that sounds terrible but hilarious.

Really though if they're going to tease I do think we need a shot of Spidey himself...just a glimpse of the costume or something.

They stated in interviews that they were treating The Hulk movie as a bit of a loose prequel. Technically not canon but baaically goes over the same stuff as nothing aside from actors in The Incredible Hulk directly contradicts The Hulk as far as I remember.

yeah it feels like a pretty natural transition from ang lee hulk to the norton one and then the mcu one.

like they're all part of the same universe.

I can see this happening. Just something that will send out massives ways to anyone who hasn't kept up with this news. Something like..'Captain, what do you think about Spiders?'. Something silly.

when did they say that?

How? The teasers are for the comic book fan really and I have a hard time believing they would recognize Spidey's web.

And you have to remember that Captain Americas frozen body was featured in uh...what movie is it...one of the movies. Iron Man? Or was it Hulk?

Frog-fu

Banned

"Next time..."

And then the next we see him it's Cuba Gooding Jr. playing a schoolaged Peter Parker.

Tuffty

I'd want his entrance to be completely sudden. Have it be a surprise to the Avengers as well as the audience. Granted the movies already done and dusted so he probably won't be as part of the story, but in my head I would have seen one of the Avengers is down and out with Ultron standing over them. He goes on a monologue as good villains do and that's when you see some kind of movement in the background. A figure getting closer and closer as Ultron keeps talking until you see it's Spiderman and kicks Ultron away. Cue some heroic music as he offers a hand to lift the Avenger up, who is unaware of who Spiderman even is.

"Hey! What did I miss?"

Cheesy? Sure, but I would be so down for that.

sol_bad

Banner in 2003 Hulk is experimenting with gamma to try and help create super soldiers, General Ross won't let him use human subjects for testing so he tests it on himself.

Banner in 2008 The Incredible Hulk experiments with gamma to help humans become immune to gamma radiation. General Ross secretly wants to weaponise Banners final results.

And that's just the start of their differences, they are unrelated.

Cuburt

If they do a Spidey cameo in AoU, I hope they make not just any tease but something that says "Spider-man is back with Marvel".

Recreating something like this:
SpideyPose1.jpg~320x480

Banner in 2003 Hulk is experimenting with gamma to try and help create super soldiers, General Ross won't let him use human subjects for testing so he tests it on himself.

Banner in 2008 The Incredible Hulk experiments with gamma to help humans become immune to gamma radiation. General Ross secretly wants to weaponise Banners final results.

And that's just the start of their differences, they are unrelated.

Wrong banner is working on the super soldier serum just like In Ultimates. Steve Rogers even mentions it in Avengers and its a big factor through Incredible Hulk. Also Incredible Hulk is based off the script sequel for Hulk 2 where Hulk is hiding in the South America jungle. They just modified it to be its own thing. You can tell too the film literally picks up where ang lees hulk left off.

Top Bottom