• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

ZeroFate

So wait, this Goddard dude is behind Cabin in the Woods and is a Buffy alum? This plus O'Brien possibly getting the part is literally some stars aligning shit.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
tumblr_ll0wr2e7CA1qexyr8o1_500.gif

I love this company!

I honestly don't remember any Marvel themes whatsoever. The old Batman and Superman themes are iconic, though. I actually remember coming out of the first Spider Man and being really, really disappointed with the soundtrack.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
From the Latino Review article:

So the thinking at the moment is that Sony will faze out all the Spidey Verse films they were developing. Yes even the Aunt May film (that was real!) and focus on a story involving Spidey versus the Sinister Six.

Thank God. What the fuck was Sony thinking?

Neoxon

redditleaker23456 kinda called out Latino Review.
Yeah, and they're bullshitting, why would the Sinister Six be in the 1st fucking movie? Why would Iron Man be in the first movie? Sony isn't even allowed to have other MCU characters in their standalone Spidey movies yet, I didn't believe an inch about that article.

Do we even need to ask this any more after all those leaks?

They are legit insane over there

For real. They have no idea what they are doing. I am not at all surprised by the Aunt May movie. It's just a bunch of bean-counters coming up with dollar signs instead of people with common sense coming up with good ideas.

Voror

If I was the front runner for the Spidey role and someone else got it I'd probably spend the rest of my life in the fetal position.

The pain he probably feels right now if that is true, poor Logan. He was pretty good in Perks of Being a Wallflower.

I'd actually feel quite bad for Lerman if that actually is what happened, though we'll have to see. Especially since this would be the second time he went for the role.

From the Latino Review article:

Thank God. What the fuck was Sony thinking?

Maybe they were going to adapt Trouble? Because that needed to be a thing.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Sinister six as the first movie could work; spidey gets introduced in civil war, he gets his hero status. After civil war, six villains get together and decide to take advantage of the disharmony in the avengers. Peter steps up and stops them.

jett

D-Member
The best thing MCU has gotten for a theme was the First Avenger theme, followed closely by The Avengers theme. Those are not in the same league as the Elfman or Williams stuff, but it is the closest they have gotten.

I would say that only Silvestri's Avengers theme comes close to being memorable.

I don't really understand why he wasn't hired back for the sequel. I pretty much expect forgettable background white noise all over that bitch now.

I just listened to this whole thing, and I refuse to believe it's real. No way. That's just too fucking stupid. Nine villains? Good lord. "Harry Osborn's not such a bad guy even though he murdered Peter's girlfriend?" Ugh.

Green Goblin, Rhino, Dr. Octopus, Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven the Hunter, Black Cat, Venom, and fucking Carnage all in one movie. No one is that crazy, are they? I would like to think my hope for humanity is not that misplaced.

Cuburt

Didn't the official Marvel press release say that they and Sony are looking into putting MCU characters in the solo Spidey films?

I recall Amy Pascal mentioned it in the Sony leaks as well, specifically in questions regarding the Spider-Man negotiations. It sounded to me like being able to use MCU characters was something she asked about, with no mention of Sony sharing any characters besides Spider-Man, and for them to mention it again in the press release in the same way (Sony gets to use MCU characters, Marvel only gets Spider-Man), I'd have to think that might have been a sticking point for them in negotiations.

I sometimes forget how amazing the ASM1 Spidey-Suit was. A pretty radical departure from the original design but GOD, I love it.

I liked it too.

Since they're skipping the origin this time around, I'm still going to treat ASM1 as the loose prequel to the MCU Spidey (as long as there aren't any huge contradictions). Sort of like how Hulk>Incredible Hulk were half-related.

The rumored new guy looks similar to Andrew and it's said they're going for a similar attitude.

ASM2 never happened.

Eugh that makes so much less sense than Civil War, outside of a post-credits cameo.

Eh, Spidey and Strange have the same daddy in Steve Ditko, and Dr. Strange has been in some pretty crucial Spider-Man story lines like one of the most important of all time (suck though it may), One More Day.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I liked it too.

Since they're skipping the origin this time around, I'm still going to treat ASM1 as the loose prequel to the MCU Spidey (as long as there aren't any huge contradictions). Sort of like how Hulk>Incredible Hulk were half-related.

The rumored new guy looks similar to Andrew and it's said they're going for a similar attitude.

ASM2 never happened.

Fuck, so we're really getting more of the skater-hipster-douche Parker?

If thats really the case, just keep Garfield FFS...

Sort of like how Hulk>Incredible Hulk were half-related.

Yeah, technically speaking, Bana-Hulk only became impossible as canon as of Agents of Shield season 1 with the appearance of General Talbot. But TIH was clearly written to not contradict anything about it, and hell, it begins with Banner in South America, where he is at the end of Bana-Hulk.

At this point I am so hyped about Dylan Spider-man that I may not even watch the standalones if it turns out that he didn't get the part.

Top Bottom