• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man is Entering The Marvel Cinematic Universe

sol_bad

Wrong banner is working on the super soldier serum just like In Ultimates. Steve Rogers even mentions it in Avengers and its a big factor through Incredible Hulk. Also Incredible Hulk is based off the script sequel for Hulk 2 where Hulk is hiding in the South America jungle. They just modified it to be its own thing.

You're right except Banner didn't know he was working on a super soldier serum. Ross mentions it to Blonsky.

Pachimari

Didn't Agents of Shield confirms, that Ang Lee's Hulk is non-canon, with its contradiction?

I didn't catch the nod myself but somebody mentioned it yesterday.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is it true that a director has been named and Iron Man is confirmed as being in his solo movie?

Hex

Banned
The stinger could be someone looking at the Daily Bugle covering the Ultron aftermath and then the story on the side could be SPIDER MAN IS BACK - Spider Man has been seen again in New York City after an absence......

It's Squirrel Girl.

Secret Wars could be the greatest thing ever to happen to the Marvel Universe if they only get rid of Squirrel Girl so that the internets have nothing to reference in every single comic thread when they want to sound witty.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
If they do a Spidey cameo in AoU, I hope they make not just any tease but something that says "Spider-man is back with Marvel"[/img]

[Exterior. Outside shot of house in Queens, calm, mild dusk.]
[Reverse shot of late-teen/early twenties male walking down the garden path to the front door, camera tilts from back of the head down to his back. You see the Spider-Man costume slightly hanging out. He opens the door.]

"Aunt May, I'm home!"

[End Scene]

J10

Banned
Secret Wars could be the greatest thing ever to happen to the Marvel Universe if they only get rid of Squirrel Girl so that the internets have nothing to reference in every single comic thread when they want to sound witty.

What makes you think writing her out of the universe would make people stop referencing her? You gotta deal with this for the rest of your life. Man up.

Slayven

The stinger could be someone looking at the Daily Bugle covering the Ultron aftermath and then the story on the side could be SPIDER MAN IS BACK - Spider Man has been seen again in New York City after an absence......

File them away with Preptime Batman fans

ZeroFate

My stinger idea for a mid-credit scene in AoU:

*7 Years Earlier (2008)*

8 year old Peter Parker is sitting at home watching TV. What's on? A press conference featuring tech-guru and playboy billionaire Tony Stark. Peter's wondering where the heck his saturday morning cartoons are until he hears the now infamous words: "I am Ironman." Peter goes wide-eyed. A voice calls out from the kitchen: "Peter it's time for breakfast!" (presumably Aunt May). Remixed Elfman theme plays. End scene.

It's simple, doesn't require the suit or actor and also serves as a callback to an important moment in the MCU. Also sets up Spidey idolizing and eventually taking up the mantle of Ironman.

VeeP

I'd like it to be like Terrence Howard's line.

Dylan sees the events of AoU happening on a school TV, starts running out of school, teacher screams "Parker!" , He starts re buttoning his shirt over a hint of red webbed costume underneath.

"Next time..."

I dig it. Sounds great.

V_Ben

Banned

*7 Years Earlier (2008)*

8 year old Peter Parker is sitting at home watching TV. What's on? A press conference featuring tech-guru and playboy billionaire Tony Stark. Peter's wondering where the heck his saturday morning cartoons are until he hears the now infamous words: "I am Ironman." Peter goes wide-eyed. A voice calls out from the kitchen: "Peter it's time for breakfast!" (presumably Aunt May). Remixed Elfman theme plays. End scene.

It's simple, doesn't require the suit or actor and also serves as a callback to an important moment in the MCU. Also sets up Spidey idolizing and eventually taking up the mantle of Ironman.

This is actually quite good.

Tadale

*7 Years Earlier (2008)*

I would love something like that. I think it would be a mistake not to include something Spider-man related in the AoU stinger. There's plenty they could do without even an actor or a designed suit.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Haven't you heard? Squirrel girl is the MCU end game.

The one thing no one complained about in ASM2 was how Spidey looked. That was the best on screen suit they've had, I'm sure they could whip somethig up using a digital stuntman.

Anything is better than the 10,000 fan ideas of "Spider Man: also featuring 10 minutes of Captain America Civil War"

Or just have the mid-credits stinger be where an unknown actor is on a class field trip. He's funny, smart, and a little goofy.

He's taking pictures, but doesn't notice a spider hanging from the wall as it descends on his hand.

The spider bites.

[Fade to black]

Sephzilla

The one thing no one complained about in ASM2 was how Spidey looked. That was the best on screen suit they've had, I'm sure they could whip somethig up using a digital stuntman.

Anything is better than the 10,000 fan ideas of "Spider Man: also featuring 10 minutes of Captain America Civil War"

Yeah, ASM2 had the best Spidey suit hands down

TimFL

It makes literally no sense that our beloved hero did not step in to stop Ultron drones if he was around during that time. It's safe to assume that he will make his first appearance during the time period between AoU and Civil War.

I'd love a subtle reference to the character as an after credit scene in e.g. AoU. What about showing the Oscorp building, skip to a lab with a lot of people in it (a school class?) but the camera is locked and focused on a web near the ceiling with a spider in it. Camera should never lose focus so you can't make out anyone in the crowd. I can guarantee you a lot of people would faint after seeing that (honestly, I would faint).

It makes literally no sense that our beloved hero did not step in to stop Ultron drones if he was around during that time. It's safe to assume that he will make his first appearance during the time period between AoU and Civil War.

I'd love a subtle reference to the character as an after credit scene in e.g. AoU. What about showing the Oscorp building, skip to a lab with a lot of people in it (a school class?) but the camera is locked and focused on a web near the ceiling with a spider in it. Camera should never lose focus so you can't make out anyone in the crowd. I can guarantee you a lot of people would faint after seeing that (honestly, I would faint).

You have to have the Spider bite someones hand tho!

If they do a Spidey cameo in AoU, I hope they make not just any tease but something that says "Spider-man is back with Marvel".

Recreating something like this:
SpideyPose1.jpg~320x480

Isn't the AoU movie going to follow the first class team? So it will probably take place in the late 70s or in the 80s. I think they are keeping Spider-Man in the present day setting.

T'Zariah

Banned
I think whatever stinger Marvel ends up doing has to end with some variation of this:

"Welcome back, Mr. Parker."

[Peter Smiles, and the audience can see a tench of red under his shirt. end credits]

Boem

Isn't the AoU movie going to follow the first class team? So it will probably take place in the 80s. I think they are keeping Spider-Man in the present day setting.

What? You're thinking of X-Men I think, considering you're mentioning First Class and a movie set in the 80s. Marvel doesn't have the rights to that. Spiderman is joining up with the Avengers (which is set in present day), not the X-men. AoU stands for Age of Ultron. The next X-Men movie is Apocalypse, but that doesn't have anything to do with any of the Avengers/Spiderman movies.

Or I'm missing a joke here or something.

TimFL

You have to have the Spider bite someones hand tho!

Then you'd need to finish the casting process for Spider-Man. I don't think they'd go for a random guy just to film that scene. Also, what if they want to show the bite during a flashback in one of his future installments? Would be pretty stupid to rush out some bite scene with a random guy.

I could easily see them doing a flashback origin story in his first installment by skipping through key scenes (spider bite, a talk with Uncle Ben etc.). Like Peter has detention during the opening of the 2017 flick which causes him to be visibly bored with an inner monologue about how he struggles to manage school and superhero life which in return would get the audience up to speed in terms of origin story.

Sephzilla

Then you'd need to finish the casting process for Spider-Man. I don't think they'd go for a random guy just to film that scene. Also, what if they want to show the bite during a flashback in one of his future installments? Would be pretty stupid to rush out some bite scene with a random guy.

I could easily see them doing a flashback origin story in his first installment by skipping through key scenes (spider bite, a talk with Uncle Ben etc.). Like Peter has detention during the opening of the 2017 flick which causes him to be visibly bored with an inner monologue about how he struggles to manage school and superhero life which would get the audience up to speed in terms of origin story.

Just do what Incredible Hulk did and show the origin in the opening credits

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'd like to see a post credits scene in AoU of Tony meeting with potential interns for Stark Industries and meeting with Peter for the first time.

Pachimari

I don't even think there'll be any Peter or Spidey hint in the Age of Ultron after credit scene. The first hints will be layed upon in Civil War.

dankir

I thought the movie gone gold few weeks back when they screen it to MCU directors?
Can't imagine adding a scene is in the cards.

Dude, they added the shwarma scene in the first avengers after the premiere night.

Age of Ultron isn't out for almost 2 months. Lots can change now.

I liked the idea in here about JJJ just yelling about the Avengers for the post credits scene. Maybe NYC gets trashed again and he goes on a rant at the end of the film, then he calls in Parker and scolds him for not getting better pictures. JJJ sends Parker out on assignment, we see Parker open his shirt to reveal the Spidey suit underneath as he runs to the camera.

Pachimari

Well I would like them to hint at something else than Spidey. I mean, the MCU should be way more than Spidey. There's just a lot of things to hint at, other than Spidey. And I love Spidey.

[edit]
Woah what a weirdly composed post I just did but I were in a stressful situation at the time.

BLACKLAC

Well I would like them to hint at something else than Spidey. I mean, the MCU should be way more than Spidey. There's just a lot of things to hint at, other than Spidey. And I love Spidey.

[edit]
Woah what a weirdly composed post I just did but I were in a stressful situation at the time.

We know Civil War and Black Panther will be hinted at. With what we know about Ant-Man there could be hints there too. Lets get some after credit Spidey! Hell lets have 3 after credit scenes!

Pennybags

I liked the idea in here about JJJ just yelling about the Avengers for the post credits scene. Maybe NYC gets trashed again and he goes on a rant at the end of the film, then he calls in Parker and scolds him for not getting better pictures. JJJ sends Parker out on assignment, we see Parker open his shirt to reveal the Spidey suit underneath as he runs to the camera.

I like this.

As long as it's J.K. Simmons in an M-style recast.

I thought the movie gone gold few weeks back when they screen it to MCU directors?
Can't imagine adding a scene is in the cards.

If they were really pressed for time, they could literally film it and add it in within a single day. Some of the things software can do now in modern blockbusters would blow your mind.

They have two months.

TWO months.

For a scene as a credit stinger that require's no special effects? They could drag their feet and still do it in time.

Hollywood be cray

Top Bottom