• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

d00d3n

For anyone with an american Steam account who bought the game: How many hours are left on the release timer?

DesertFox

Is there even a tutorial prompt to tell you to shift into a slower speed when crouched? I keep watching videos of people playing going full speed even when crouched and having the AI pretty much turn around and forcing a takedown.
That's something you have to toggle? I assumed it would be controlled by lighter analog input. Our do you mean the PC version?

Sober

That's something you have to toggle? I assumed it would be controlled by lighter analog input. Our do you mean the PC version?
Yeah, sorry meant that on the stick. I remember watching someone play the original SC and the prompt to adjust movement speeds was there, but after watching the first 2 missions/2-3hours or so I haven't noticed any tutorial prompt to let people know, hey you're walking too fast!

Sober

I will actually be surprised if there is a banner ad on the top of Steam's front page for Splinter Cell tomorrow considering

demolitio

It'd be a good idea considering it was in the top 70 in the sales list last time I looked.

I think it went way up since then though. Not sure where it is now though.

I just hope we're not looking at a SOCOM 4 situation here where their attempts to attract the mainstream audience actually kills the series in the end...lol.

I wish Paypal would process my check quicker since I still need to pay for my copy on Ebay. So glad I found a buy it now under $25.00. It was amazing how many assholes were trying to sneak shipping charges in there too. One was buy it now for $29.99 but shipping was $38.00 which didn't show up on the search page and of course he admitted that he would email the code but that there'd be no refunds for those stupid enough to fall for the trap. My friend and I spotted quite a few like that which is quite sad.

Sober

It's actually sitting at #11 in NA Steam's top sellers list. Too bad all the hype will die after finding out you have to wait til 1PM and 25 gigs later.

But they had the luck of good early reviews. I'm not to worried about The Bureau because it was up in the top 5 for quite a while.

Dave1988

I'm watching a let's play of Blacklist and holy crap does the new VA not fit Sam at all even considering that Fisher looks younger than ever. Ugh, why oh why did they get rid of Ironside?

MAX PAYMENT

I'm watching a let's play of Blacklist and holy crap does the new VA not fit Sam at all even considering that Fisher looks younger than ever. Ugh, why oh why did they get rid of Ironside?
There isn't a legitimate reason they got rid of him. I assumed he was done with it.

S1kkZ

does any review mention the framerate of the ps360 versions? i only read something about massive tearing during the cutscenes and slowdowns on wiiu.

Ironside was done with the series. He wasn't interested in doing another voice for Sam because he thought Sam's story was finished with Conviction.

MAX PAYMENT

I thought it was because Ironside couldn't do motion-capture?

That doesn't really explain it. Other languages will still be dubbed over the performance. If I'm not mistaken, that's how they mo-capped Cortana in Halo 4. The physical actor was dubbed over by Jennifer hale.

Gaz_RB

I thought it was because Ironside couldn't do motion-capture.

Ironside was leaving because he didn't like the way they were taking Sam's story. He nearly left before Conviction, but some script changes brought him back. Ironside's Sam is done, and not just because UBI got greedy and wanted someone younger. This wasn't them denying Ironside.

demolitio

I wish they just made a series refresh in terms of the main character if they needed a full mo-cap actor. Why not focus on a new young agent while Sam voiced by Ironside is the new Lambert except with his own personality still in tact? I mean, they changed everything else in the series but they're afraid to move on so they instead make their character magically grow YOUNGER? To me, that just creates a bigger disconnect than if they started with a new character while still having Sam as a presence in the game.

Then again, I guess we can all sit here and say we'd do a lot of things differently. :D It just doesn't make sense to do what they did from a story perspective. I mean, soon, Sam's daughter will be older than he is.

Edit: If Ironside left due to the story's direction, then I oddly have even more respect for him than I did before. I just wish he could become the new Lambert instead of stupidly having the head of a secret organization as a field agent in a very risky environment. That's like seeing Generals out on the frontlines of the battlefield. It just doesn't happen anymore.

Sober

Maybe when I made that "Splinter Cell: Baby Steps" joke a few posts up I didn't forsee they might actually keep de-aging Sam.

Splinter Cell Babiez coming to you in 2016!

demolitio

Maybe when I made that "Splinter Cell: Baby Steps" joke a few posts up I didn't forsee they might actually keep de-aging Sam.

Splinter Cell Babiez coming to you in 2016!

It truly is one of my major pet peeves with a game since every other series makes damn sure to keep the character's progression in tact regardless of where the story goes. We didn't see Max Payne get any younger just so he can do more moves did we?

Sober

It truly is one of my major pet peeves with a game since every other series makes damn sure to keep the character's progression in tact regardless of where the story goes. We didn't see Max Payne get any younger just so he can do more moves did we?
Yeah I kinda gave up when they went "Batman prequel" with Origins and then he has the moves and stuff he 'learned' in City.

Reboots are some of the worst things ever. Just pure marketing driven do-overs with no end. It drains the soul out of everything.

To this day I think the proper punishment for whoever stuck the bug of "reboots" into the collective consciousness of hollywood and entertainment execs everywhere lately deserves to be brought back from the dead as a mute but mindful shambling zombie slave and forced to lumber about for our sick amusement before being repeatedly killed and brought back to life yet again, and again and again, and again and again, and again and again, until the very final lights in our universe are extinguished.

VyoVG8q.jpg

MxLsiMi.jpg

xGiOiti.jpg
sorry guys, first time posting pics, I have a European VIP code to giveaway if any one wants, first PM...

Sober

I think he's trying to tell us he got a copy because a retailer broke the street date but people have already finished the game that way already.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
hey did anyone pre-order the steelbook edtion from Zavvi?
how are they with pre-orders?

That doesn't really explain it. Other languages will still be dubbed over the performance. If I'm not mistaken, that's how they mo-capped Cortana in Halo 4. The physical actor was dubbed over by Jennifer hale.

They can, but it defeats the purpose of the "seamless conversation" thing if someone completely different would later go back and dub over the mo-cap actor's voice. That and I believe facial-capture was done alongside motion-capture, so I believe it had to be the same actor in this case.

Sober

Facial capture in this game is a little ummm, unsure what it was because they had video recording the face but they weren't using dots like Kiefer has in MGSV, so I'm assuming the animators mostly keyframed the faces with video data as reference?

Facial capture in this game is a little ummm, unsure what it was because they had video recording the face but they weren't using dots like Kiefer has in MGSV, so I'm assuming the animators mostly keyframed the faces with video data as reference?
Isn't that how they did TLOU? Because those results were fantastic.

Lima

Don't care about no Ironside.

In Germany we still get the awesome Martin Keßler (German voice of Nicholas Cage) as Fisher.

Splinter Cell is one of the few franchises I've always played in German. Fuck yeah. His voice is so badass.

Top Bottom