• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

That's sucks. The game actively sets up points where you come across two guys talking to each other or patrolling below spots where you can hang and drop from. Why do that if I can't take them both at once with me hands?
Death from above the first guy and follow up with melee takedown for the second one. I've done it before.

You can probably straight up chain melee too if you're quick enough.

and his rifles are magnetic to his sweater ;)
Must have a master chief sweater. Or nanites.

Kazerei

Banned
That's sucks. The game actively sets up points where you come across two guys talking to each other or patrolling below spots where you can hang and drop from. Why do that if I can't take them both at once with me hands?

Fisher needs to take a lesson from Ezio on double assassination :)

lets be serious here, i bet melee chaining (a la ass creed brotherhood) while in motion is highly likely to be a bullet point feature of the next splinter cell game.

probably an entire trailer dedicated to that, or two!

disappointing that you get more points and money from ghost vs other playstyles.

wasn't the whole thing about the game of 3 equal playstyles?

also ghost play style barely need any of the weapons and what not to spend money on the first place :/

disappointing that you get more points and money from ghost vs other playstyles.

wasn't the whole thing about the game of 3 equal playstyles?

also ghost play style barely need any of the weapons and what not to spend money on the first place :/

Ghost should get more. In fact, I'd say Ghost should get more then it does right now. Pure ghost (Guards untouched unless the level requires) is much harder then any of the other playstyles by a significant margin and the reward should reflect it.

Edit: Especially on Perfectionist. First time pure Ghost run on Perfectionist in this game made me a believer.

Ghost is core to Splinter Cell and requires the most patience of players, with the least get-out-of-jail-free cards.

Assault can be pretty damn hard too, but you can get some very nice multi-kills for good points.

The thing is multipliers is tie to your money... I think?

Sure ghost should get more points, but assault should get more money. Because they need the money lol.

Grumbul

Just completed the single player game (and all side missions) and the game bugged out right at the end (PC version) which means immediately after the final showdown I got to see absolutely nothing - just a blank screen with minimal voice overs.

Rage inducing.

Uplay also needs to die a horrible death.

demolitio

Holy shit guys, I think I restarted the same checkpoint 25 times, every little fuckup and I restart. Perfectionist indeed. :p

Same here. My friend was waiting for me to finish a mission so we could play SvM but he didn't understand how PERFECT it has to be more me to be satisfied.

Ghost should definitely give you more points than the other styles simply because it's the hardest and most time-consuming. Of course, it's also what a lot of old SC fans are used to anyway.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fisher needs to take a lesson from Ezio on double assassination :)

*Batman voice* But Ezio is DEAD. *slap*

Also I agree that Ghost should give even more points than it does now. Punish all those fools that think Splinter Cell is a shootbang.

Nokterian

So i am having a problem with the loadout since Sam or my spy/merc is not showing when i go to customization. Anyone knows how to solve this? Playing pc version.

NickMitch

Im playing on the WiiU and the audio in the sp cut scenes is not working properly. I can hear speech and music, but no SFX at all... Anyone else having this issue?

strafer

This is taken from Centerstrain01's playthrough of Conviction. Pretty awesome.

convictiontakedownulsy6.gif

Even after my game data got corrupted I still went right back and started a new game; I'm addicted...

Anyway, because your leaderboard stats seem to be connected to your savefile, I lost them, giving me another excuse to 100% Ghost speedrun Grimm's co-op missions again on Perfectionist. As a result, me and my brother smashed our previous time on Hawkins Seafort by 28 seconds, completing it in 1 minute 52. Teamwork!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzihpSgcGYw

Credit goes to my brother for simplifying our previous route, and being patient enough to enable my addiction.

Considering we don't disturb any guards, we complete all objectives, and we also get a generous time bonus, I don't understand how other people are scoring more points. I would have thought that ^ video (besides me failing to aim at a stationary laser panel) would have been considered a perfect, high scoring run. As it stands it's only rank 7. How are people gaining more points in the co-op missions while still achieving the full ghost bonus?

danielcw

@strafer, I am a little bit confused. Where you able to run the game on another machine, or do you also own another version of the game?

How do you run the game in windowed using ini?
[...snip...]
It's says out of range, which means the same.

I don't have the option to start in DX9 or 11 mode.

you will find the .ini in your documents directory, under ...\Ubisoft\Blacklist
(why does every game has the need to pollute the documents folder with files that aren't supposed to hbe handled by the user?)
make a backup and the try the following:
set WindowStyleFinal= to 0 or 2

the culprit seems to be that the game is running in a resolution that your monitor can't handle.
probably the refresh rate is to blame.

you may try to play around in the .ini file with the other settings, if using window mode does not help.

in the games directory under \src\SYSTEM you will find 2 .exe files
Blacklist_DX11_game
and
Blacklist_game
(both will probably trigger Uplay, if it is not open. in that case, wait for Uplay to start, and then hit .exe file again)

Hope some of this helps.

Holy shit guys, I think I restarted the same checkpoint 25 times, every little fuckup and I restart. Perfectionist indeed. :p

Just image the game had quicksave, like CT (xbox & PC) or double agent :)

strafer

@strafer, I am a little bit confused. Where you able to run the game on another machine, or do you also own another version of the game?

you will find the .ini in your documents directory, under ...\Ubisoft\Blacklist
(why does every game has the need to pollute the documents folder with files that aren't supposed to hbe handled by the user?)
make a backup and the try the following:
set WindowStyleFinal= to 0 or 2

the culprit seems to be that the game is running in a resolution that your monitor can't handle.
probably the refresh rate is to blame.

you may try to play around in the .ini file with the other settings, if using window mode does not help.

in the games directory under \src\SYSTEM you will find 2 .exe files
Blacklist_DX11_game
and
Blacklist_game
(both will probably trigger Uplay, if it is not open. in that case, wait for Uplay to start, and then hit .exe file again)

Hope some of this helps.

Just image the game had quicksave, like CT (xbox & PC) or double agent :)

Oh, I'm not talking about Blacklist, it's Conviction I have problems with.

Im playing on the WiiU and the audio in the sp cut scenes is not working properly. I can hear speech and music, but no SFX at all... Anyone else having this issue?

Yeah. On the PS3 version the character voices often completely drop out during cutscenes despite all sound effects and music playing correctly.

MAX PAYMENT

Just got 1000/1000. Amazing game, would probably be my GOTY if this wasn't such a damn good year. Great stealth, great action, and a high skill level needed for speed running an leaderboard chasing. Surprise hit of the year for me. I knew Bioshock and The Last of Us were going to be good but this one really came out of nowwhere. Really like the direction Splinter Cell is heading, and I hope that this one sold well enough to help the franchise leap into next gen with a bang. Or maybe just with a quiet neck snap.

Getting all those achievements burnt me out a little bit though, and I'll probably come back to it in a few days. If anyone needs help with any coop stuff or needs a good SvM partner on 360, let me know. GT: Gaz RB

Gonna go check out Saints Row 4 now.

Lmao
I added you. I love spies vs Mercs, lets hit it up soon.

danielcw

Oh, I'm not talking about Blacklist, it's Conviction I have problems with.

Oh, LOL, my bad :)

I just clicked through the conversation, and you were even referencing Conviction in the first post I quoted.

Anyway, it seem to be a resolution/frequency issue.

MG310

I have a Run & Gun Pack code for PS3 to the first person who PM's me.

I'm pretty content with my pistol/sniper rifle combo so don't need it.

H2Yo

For the life of me I cannot join my friends co-op game, nor can he connect to mine. The same goes for Spies vs Mercs. We are both updated to the latest versions, have tried port fowarding, UPNP, Machines in DMZ, Firewalls, etc but every time we get the same message:

"Cannot connect at this time. Please try again later"

Normal matchmaking works fine, we have both been able to play with randoms.
Looked on the Ubisoft forms, heaps and heaps of people have reported the same thing but Ubisoft have yet to actually post anything.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Anyone source a fix?

Grisby

These credits are flying faster than the Paladin.

Didn't expect some of those twists in the final level. Was really rewarding ghosting certain parts of it. End boss fight was...alright I suppose. Overall, I wish the villain would have had more screen time or something. He wasn't too bad.

I loved Conviction but Blacklist definitely got back to some of the series old roots. Damn fun time.

Sojgat

Decided to finish off the campaign, final mission was amazing.

Ubisoft have done a pretty good job of redeeming Splinter Cell in my eyes.

Second half was a bit explosions heavy, but it wasn't too bad, I didn't really even end up minding the
first-person sequences

It's my GOTY so far, and I'm as surprised as hell by it.

TheSeks

I hate seeing someone coming, press melee and lose the melee battle. Every. Damn. Time.

demolitio

I hate seeing someone coming, press melee and lose the melee battle. Every. Damn. Time.

I seem to be on the losing end of a lot of melees even with the drop but I've also had my fair share of melee kills as a Merc against Spies which just makes my head spin...

TheSeks

I don't win any of them. I can see the sumbitch coming down the stairs as I'm in cover on sonar and then go for the melee only for them to melee me as I pop-out to melee them. It's WTF. It can't be a counter since we're both spies and he sees me right there or something.

What's funky is that if they're at a corner, they can melee me. But me? Can't do it. It's bullshit.

Nice to see this game turn out to be really good after all the complaining and chicken little nonsense. I hope Thief turns out the same way

Hey guys I really dig this game. Co op is particularly fun. I wish there were more missions though.
Makes me wish the campaign could be played co-op as well.

But yeah, I could use more missions and I'd even like some completely different spins on existing maps and new challenges or objectives. A game like this could really use a Forge-like editor and/or more involved community created challenges. Or how about day/night/dusk alternate versions of existing maps with different objectives and spawns? haha, I just want more stuff :)

The side missions are great, but whoever said they had dynamic spawns was dreaming.

demolitio

Coop is definitely the star of the show so DLC better reflect that along with a few more SvM maps if the community is there. The self-contained missions just feel so damn good and SC-like while also having a variety of different types so people that normally play one playstyle can experiment with other styles outside of the campaign. It even got me to do some assault runs just for fun so it really does feel like there's some longevity there. Imagine if they give us an even bigger variety of locales in DLC and I'll be in heaven.

To me, the coop really brings back memories of Chaos Theory's coop which was revolutionary to me at the time. Nothing more fun than coordinating a simultaneous strike on enemies with a friend. We've come a long way since those coop days though where connection issues were the norm.

Top Bottom