• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist |OT| Warning: May Contain Trace Amounts Of Stealth

danielcw

It's responsible for memory leaks, poor friend management, and it won't even give me the ability to buy the stupid DLC content. This is all coming from PC, but it's insane. I've never really had a problem in the past, but in the last 3 hours I've crashed once, had a friend crash twice and had a really strange occurrence where I've ctd yet the game was still running and I couldn't do much to get rid of it. Really really weird. It's a great game, hampered severely by uPlay. uPlay fucking blows. I don't even have a weak PC, I've a i7-920@4ghz/GTX 680/12Gbs Ram. Shenanigans.

How do you tell Uplay is the culprit of the crashes?
Or are you saying the client/overlay crashed?

strafer

is that real?

We have a saying here in the UK, and it is "only in America" and I think that fits, in the UK they would be arrested in about 0.0001 seconds of that website being live

Why wouldn't it be? It's not like Third Echelon is a real organization within the NSA. Though Echelon is real, but not in the same sense as in these games.

nOoblet16

Is there a reason why the tri copter's sticky shocker doesn't work sometimes? I mean earlier I thought it might be because it was too far but then I realised I could stun am enemy from an even longer distance than what I thought was possible. Then I thought it may be that I only have to hit them from the back but nope it's not that either. Pretty strange that sometimes it will simply alert the enemy instead of stunning him and these are normal guys not the armoured ones.

If you goto your Blacklist video config under where it list your cpu there is a verfication process you can change from 1 to 0. When I would play blacklist it had this long startup where it would check your pc to make sure your drivers and all that were updated. Well anything above my drivers installed always gives a driver crash so I stick to what I have now

Lima

Hot damn this gone dark metagame is not explained well in the game. Had to use google to figure out how that shit even works. Once you know what to do though it is kinda cool.

Gaz_RB

using execute never fails to disappoint...

what do you guys do if made? shoot your way out, or restart?

Break out the SC 4000 and murder everyone. Restarting feels dirty to me, especially when they give you so many options.

Although on my non lethal perfectionist run I had to restart a few times

Varth

+EDIT: is there some sort of "intro" in the game triggered by waiting or something? I'm finding a whole lot of reference in the intermissions that make no sense, not having played Conviction. Tell me they didn't drop you in the middle of nowhere narratively. I HATE when they do that.

Anyone?

Sojgat

You hold the button.

Doesn't seem to be working. I'm not talking about taking somebody hostage, I mean Sam was walking around like this:

8325898654_4528a42422.jpg

Could have been a glitch, but it looked too cool.

using execute never fails to disappoint...

what do you guys do if made? shoot your way out, or restart?

First playthrough I just rolled with it, shot my way out if I had to or disappeared back into the shadows and started shanking guys.

Always restarting now though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh, didn't shoot any lights at the Estate but got Panther on the way to
getting in the Estate after doing the Tri-rotor EMP
does that automatically set them on a Panther path? Because it's weird.

Gonna have to check the full ghost playthrough that Youtube player did because the first two areas are HARD and I'm not finding a clear Ghost Path without extreme luck in getting through it.

There's a backstory information thing in one of the menus. Go look for it, or play SC1-5 for the story.

Just had to pop in and say I'm really enjoying this game. It feels like classic Splinter Cell to me, and I love it. Grim's missions are fantastic. Difficulty is challenging. My only gripe is I can't stand the new voice actor, but what more can be done? I'm so surprised this game turned out the way it did. I was concerned after every piece of media released.

d0nd

gosh Charlie missions are so hard any tips? loadouts?

they are fun!!!

i've been trying to go co-op on them with randoms to get through them

strafer

Huh, didn't shoot any lights at the Estate but got Panther on the way to
getting in the Estate after doing the Tri-rotor EMP
does that automatically set them on a Panther path? Because it's weird.

Gonna have to check the full ghost playthrough that Youtube player did because the first two areas are HARD and I'm not finding a clear Ghost Path without extreme luck in getting through it.

Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1n8td-_qaM

lol climbing kinda breaks this game. you can bypass so much... and you can clear whole areas by hanging out at a window, lure people there, knock them out, repeat. You can even lob in a sleeping gas or or w/e while hanging!

strafer

Holy shit, he just blitz through the first two areas. WTF. If I did that, I'd be shot to death. Didn't know that route
to the Estate's Panic Room Breach. Just climb the wall instead of going through the stairs and four guards.

Centerstrain is pretty boss.

Sober

Holy shit, he just blitz through the first two areas. WTF. If I did that, I'd be shot to death. Didn't know that route
to the Estate's Panic Room Breach. Just climb the wall instead of going through the stairs and four guards.
Pretty sure we missed all the parts where he died about 20 times to get it right.

TheSeks

He basically just ran that level without care it's kinda amazing but I dunno how practical that is for "first run ghost perfectionist"s like me. He's basically replaying the level so he knows routes through it already, I didn't so the first two areas are "WTF lights and guards everywhere. YOLO! *runs and lucks out somehow on getting past the dogs and shit by the pipe in that one room the previews showed*"

TheSeks

Well, whatever it is: WTF are running through broad-"daylight" like that.

Also:

Nvidia said:
• Fixes a gamepad issue on certain Windows 8 systems.

OH HAPPY DAY. Please let this fix the random controller drops in Blacklist.
It won't. :(

Sober

If you are worried you should check out some of his blind runs of some of the mid-game levels, they feel like they are a little more deliberate, obviously.

Grisby

Gah, had my first freeze 30 minutes into a Charlie misson. Thankfully my save didn't corrupt or anything.

Sorry random teammate guy, :(

The multiplayer is awful. Why use P2P? Why in god's name use P2P?

Me and my friends have tried setting up a lobby (4 ppl) for hours, it's impossible.

Dammit, I wanna learn to takedown three enemies hand to hand in a row.

its all about positioning... and none of them should be facing you lol. It's easy on the missions where you have friends 'taking aggro'.

does melee takedown make any noise? Haven't tried any tests but it doesn't seem like it.

Have you guys noticed that when using the execute button on a group of people while also next to them, he goes into a hand to hand animation. It looks super bad ass. You cant do it on non-lethal i think.

shame that i pretty much only pop execute if I fucked up and need a way out. i should try to utilize it more on the offense.

Any youtube videos of speed predator runs? Ghost is kinda boring lol. wanna see someone breeze levels with everyone dead :D

MAX PAYMENT

shame that i pretty much only pop execute if I fucked up and need a way out. i should try to utilize it more on the offense.

Any youtube videos of speed predator runs? Ghost is kinda boring lol. wanna see someone breeze levels with everyone dead :D

You can do some insane execute combos if you're good at instantaneously tagging new guys as soon as you off the first guys.

Also, always activate execute within melee range. Sam will human shield closest guy, cap the others, melee execute the shield, and still have a mark and execute ready. This combined with flash bangs and kill in motion creates some absolutely sick and skillful predator play.

You can do some insane execute combos if you're good at instantaneously tagging new guys as soon as you off the first guys.

Also, always activate execute within melee range. Sam will human shield closest guy, cap the others, melee execute the shield, and still have a mark and execute ready. This combined with flash bangs and kill in motion creates some absolutely sick and skillful predator play.

i needa see some videos of these lol. loved those crazy dishonored videos too.

does execute 1 hit armored guys(+ shield)?

Top Bottom