• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

GunGrave ep5-6

I wish i never watched the first epiosde now i know where the story is going :(

who's idea was it to make the first episode some shitty spolier(make this man pay)

JKTrix

Cwarrior said:
GunGrave ep5-6

I wish i never watched the first epiosde now i know where the story is going :(

who's idea was it to make the first episode some shitty spolier(make this man pay)
Mentioned before: the context of the Gungrave anime is that it's a prequel. Gungrave was a PS2 game that came out a year before the anime. Grave at the beginning of the anime is Grave as he appears in the entirety of the first PS2 game.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Jerk said:
Madoka

Are y'all sure this is safe to watch?

I mean:

1293807077_212_FT0_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magika3.jpg

Every fibre in my body is telling me to run away...

Yes, safe to watch. You may or may not be put off by the opening sequence, but the show itself is pretty good, even if it does fall prey to stereotypical character tropes (this isn't really the point of the show anyways I think...). Show is definitely more sinister than the imagery leads on... there isn't much cutesy stuff from what I can remember, just lots of girls crying (for legitimate reasons, mostly...)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dororon enma-kun was awesome shit. Brain base have a another winner on their hands!

Season rankings so far.

Hanasaku iroha > Dororon enma-kun > Nichijou > X-men > Tiger & Bunny > Steins;gate

I wonder how C & Ano hata (the next potentially good shows this season) are going end up..

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Dororon enma-kun was awesome shit. Brain base have a another winner on their hands!

Season rankings so far.

Hanasaku iroha > Dororon enma-kun > Nichijou > X-men > Tiger & Bunny > Steins;gate

I wonder how C & Ano hata (the next potentially good shows this season) are going end up..

Usagi Drop is going to be awesome. I can feel it. I'm kinda nervous about C though.

Jerk

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Jerk thinks it's a moe moe uguu happy magical girl series where
no one dies
and the main characters are all popular and junk while they make friends with their former enemies.

I do?

The only thing I have expressed about this show is distaste for the art style and disinterest based on the first episode.

Neither opinion has anything to do with tone or themes. I just thought the first episode was really dull and unengaging.

Also, the first episode more than hinted at what I am assuming to be the dissonant nature of the show.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Usagi drop is stated for summer.:p

Wait, what?! So what's the noitaminA? Ano hana?

Jerk said:
I do?

The only thing I have expressed about this show is distaste for the art style and disinterest based on the first episode.

Neither opinion has anything to do with tone or themes. I just thought the first episode was really dull and unengaging.

Madoka-gaf is kinda vicious.

Jerk said:
I do?

Well it still gets better. 1st episode is more significant on a rewatch, but it sucks the first time around. 2 isn't much better. I really don't even remember the first 2, but my eyes were glued to the screen from the end of 3 all the way to where we are now. Didn't have to force myself to pay attention like I did with 1 and 2.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zeroshiki said:
Wait, what?! So what's the noitaminA? Ano hana?
Yeah it's ano hana and C on noitaminA this season.

No.9 and Usagi drop are the noitaminA shows stated to air next season.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Jerk said:
I do?

Oh, well then the rest of the show probably won't do all that much for you, except maybe episode ten. Might get a chuckle out of that. The action gets more frequent later on though, so who knows. Still, if you don't really like it on the levels you're describing here by the second or third episode, there's really not much there for you. The music is nice I suppose.

7Th

AnoHana is by the writer of Hanasaku Iroha; I would think you HanaIro fans would be more excited about it.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
Yeah it's ano hana and C on noitaminA this season.

No.9 and Usagi drop are the noitaminA shows stated to air next season.

o_O boy do I feel stupid. And here I was expecting Usagi Drop.

Ano hana is gonna be awesome as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
7Th said:
AnoHana is by the writer of Hanasaku Iroha; I would think you HanaIro fans would be more excited about it.
Problem is that we (or I) don't know anything about it, so it could be anything!

Jerk said:
Also, the first episode more than hinted at what I am assuming to be the dissonant nature of the show.
Yeah, pretty much. If you know what you're getting and you're not into that, then... yeah, it's not worth it at that point.

B.K.

It looks like Bandai is announcing a license of Star Driver at Sakura Con. They posted this teaser image:

20110408_teaser.jpg

It's obviously Takuto.

D7JkD.jpg

They need to get Johhny Yong Bosch to voice the Galactic Pretty Boy!

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Problem is that we (or I) don't know anything about it, so it could be anything!

Its about 6 friends who grew apart and one of the friends trying to get everyone back together. Blah blah. Slice of life awesomeness.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
7Th said:
But it has no Ando!

Mari Okada is generally a hit and miss writer anyway, although this is the kind of material she is usually a hit with, so we'll see

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Geneijin said:
I think Moshidora will be a potentially good show... am I alone in this train of thought?
I'm looking forward to that + SHAFT original show, but I'm not that excited for it since it seems like it will be a another manga > anime adaptation with no solid ending.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:
Denpa is going to suck. Probably. I want to be pleasantly surprised, but oh well.
SHAFT have been surprising me recently with Soredemo back in fall, a show i expected absolutely nothing from, so here's hoping it will be the same with Denpa.

Edit - Oh wow at that magazine scan.:lol

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
cosmicblizzard said:
Well it still gets better. 1st episode is more significant on a rewatch, but it sucks the first time around. 2 isn't much better. I really don't even remember the first 2, but my eyes were glued to the screen from the end of 3 all the way to where we are now. Didn't have to force myself to pay attention like I did with 1 and 2.

After ep 3 I was hooked... dat tone change...

ep 10 had me going Wharbgllughgbabgoujgbglgle

Not terribly shocking, but a very cool set up, and the first significant character development. Hmmm however, given how long we'll likely have to wait for ep 11 & 12, I can only see them coming as a disappointment. With each week (especially closer to the release) hype will rise. I just hope for despair and anguish ending... plz no happy end or in-story retcon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
I think you all should be writing the real title of AnoHana, for accuracy's sake.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Anyways. Hopefully this writer won't end up spreading her talent too thinly over two shows in a single season.
Can you write that out in kana please?

And isn't Iroha an adaptation? I can't remember.

zeroshiki

icarus-daedelus said:
I think you all should be writing the real title of AnoHana, for accuracy's sake.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.

Anyways. Hopefully this writer won't end up spreading her talent too thinly over two shows in a single season.

We should get Uchip to translate it.

"That" "day" "saw" "flower" "of" "name" "is" "me" "all" "is" "yet" "know"

firehawk12 said:
Can you write that out in kana please?

And isn't Iroha an adaptation? I can't remember.

Just kana?

あのひみたはなのなまえをぼくたちはまだしらない

or more likely with the kanji:

あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない

flawfuls

Geneijin said:
I think Moshidora will be a potentially good show... am I alone in this train of thought?

I am, but I'm kind of disappointed that it's only 10 episodes. Are the novels done for it? I wouldn't mind if it's the complete story.

Lafiel said:
I'm looking forward to that + SHAFT original show, but I'm not that excited for it since it seems like it will be a another manga > anime adaptation with no solid ending.

Light novel>Anime

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aigis said:
Star Driver is crappy but it'll probably sell decently enough. Better than K-ON will probably.
I thought everyone hated it! I said as much last page. :lol

zeroshiki said:
I'm excited. Then again, I'm a baseball whore.
Yeah, I sort of enjoy baseball anime. I think it's more the silliness of the concept more than anything else though.

But then again, it's another Mio clone. :p

Nonoriri said:
Wow, bad ass I guess. Although I assume anime is like TV in which writing duties are spread to a staff.

icarus-daedelus said:
あの日見た花の名前を僕達はまだ知らない。

<3
Uguuuuu~~~.

Dresden

zeroshiki said:
We should get Uchip to translate it.

"That" "day" "saw" "flower" "of" "name" "is" "me" "all" "is" "yet" "know"
I think 'that noitamina show with the loli' sounds better, tbh.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, I sort of enjoy baseball anime. I think it's more the silliness of the concept more than anything else though.

But then again, it's another Mio clone. :p

You say that like its a bad thing!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Light novel>Anime
Oh wait it's actually a single novel adapted into a anime I'm slightly more excited about it now.

I am, but I'm kind of disappointed that it's only 10 episodes. Are the novels done for it? I wouldn't mind if it's the complete story.
Seems to be a single novel, 10-episodes should be enough to adapt it all.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I dunno, I think I liked OOFURI and some of the eight billion seasons of Major more than actual baseball, personally. But then I kinda hate actual baseball, and kinda enjoy baseball anime.

I oughta watch One Outs one of these days.

And adachi mitsuru stuff like cross game and touch!

Of course those are more about the characters then the actual sport anyway.:)

Dresden

Lafiel said:
Oh wait it's actually a single novel adapted into a anime I'm slightly more excited about it now.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to &#12418;&#12375;&#39640;&#26657;&#37326;&#29699;&#12398;&#22899;&#23376;&#12510;&#12493;&#12540;&#12472;&#12515;&#12540;&#12364;&#12489;&#12521;&#12483;&#12459;&#12540;&#12398;&#12300;&#12510;&#12493;&#12472;&#12513;&#12531;&#12488;&#12301;&#12434;&#35501;&#12435;&#12384;&#12425;. It should be kawaii sugoi with lots of Drucker moe~

Tbh I think it has a good chance of just being a preachy CHANGE YOUR WAYS OR DIE JAPAN with high school baseball being a metaphor for the stagnant Nippon business world, but we'll see.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
It's not?! :p

Of course not. Those things should be celebrated not shunned!

Dresden said:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to &#12418;&#12375;&#39640;&#26657;&#37326;&#29699;&#12398;&#22899;&#23376;&#12510;&#12493;&#12540;&#12472;&#12515;&#12540;&#12364;&#12489;&#12521;&#12483;&#12459;&#12540;&#12398;&#12300;&#12510;&#12493;&#12472;&#12513;&#12531;&#12488;&#12301;&#12434;&#35501;&#12435;&#12384;&#12425;.

This title is longer than the full English title of Children Who Chase Stars. Bravo!

Geneijin

Lafiel said:
No one's interested in Azazel-san either? The OVA was awesome. I seem too naively optimistic compare to the rest of you.

flawfuls said:
I'm sure they are, but I'm not 100% certain. It is getting a live-action movie.

Lafiel said:
And adachi mitsuru stuff like cross game and touch!

Of course those are more about the characters then the actual sport anyway.:)

Yeah, Ookiku Furikabutte and Adachi's stuff are like polar opposites in terms of baseball anime. Both of them are highly enjoyable, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom