• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

7Th said:
First trailer for Kenji Kamiyama's new movie: Xi AVANT.

That's not a trailer, and it's not a movie. it's a 3+ minute short film for advertising DoCoMo's services. It plays before SSS 3D in cinemas. All 4 parts each about a minute long are already on the official site.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
That's so mundane though!
And 3-way? Is daddy still around? I can't remember.
a19uj.jpg

And the resulting conversation. Don't remember that either? :lol

jman2050 said:
Unnamed mod changed it back so I'm good.
Thank you based mod?

Branduil

flawfuls said:
Someone should make an official thread for Iroha, it certainly deserves one and it seems like it might actually generate enough discussion to warrant one

I'll make one if no one else will.

tiff

Banned
flawfuls said:
Someone should make an official thread for Iroha, it certainly deserves one and it seems like it might actually generate enough discussion to warrant one
Of any show this season it seems to be the most worthy, at least.

7Th

duckroll said:
That's not a trailer, and it's not a movie. it's a 3+ minute short film for advertising DoCoMo's services. It plays before SSS 3D in cinemas. All 4 parts each about a minute long are already on the official site.

Oh, I see. My mistake. I just read the A KENJI KAMIYAMA FILM thing before the beginning and thought that it was a trailer.

duckroll

7Th said:
Oh, I see. My mistake, then. I just read the A KENJI KAMIYAMA FILM thing before the beginning and thought that it was a trailer.

Yeah, he's been promoting it as his new "film" for a while now. I think it's pretty sleazy honestly. Eden's DoCoMo collaboration, followed by a SSS 3D upconvert, and then a DoCoMo funded advertising "short film", followed by him opening an ad consultancy firm... I dunno. Not looking good for us. It looks more and more likely that he's interested in venturing into commercial aspects of anime production, rather than making more SAC. :(

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
duckroll said:
Not looking good for us. It looks more and more likely that he's interested in venturing into commercial aspects of anime production, rather than making more SAC. :(

:|

Nonoriri

Lafiel said:
I kinda want to see him more original projects instead of more SAC then again we got Eden of the east because of that..

More SAC is the best use of his time!

yencid

Tiger and Bunny is really enjoyable to me. I like the mix of CG and traditional and i always laugh at the sponsors, specially ustream.

zeroshiki

Lafiel said:
I kinda want to see him more original projects instead of more SAC then again we got Eden of the east because of that..

Eden had a solid premise and worked ok. It was just the nonsensical non-ending and no closing of any plot points whatsoever that ruined it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
But it's good! Even though it's by Rumiko Takahashi! You're really not helping my backlog here. I still haven't even finished Aria the Natural. :-/

I guess I should ask what Antique Bakery is about?
It's another noitanimA-ish show, so it's also only 11 episodes. And, it's about a bunch of guys who run a bakery. It's much more than that of course, but that's the one sentence summary. :lol

And yeah, I have my own backlog!

Geneijin said:
http://i.imgur.com/a19uj.jpg[IMG]

And the resulting conversation. Don't remember that either? :lol[/QUOTE]
God, maybe I should watch episode 1 again. :p

Nonoriri

yencid said:
Tiger and Bunny is really enjoyable to me. I like the mix of CG and traditional and i always laugh at the sponsors, specially ustream.

1301891253871.jpg

duckroll

Lafiel said:

I'm not really confident of his ability in handling original material anymore. He's a good director, but maybe he should stick to adapting solid material which is up his alley, or at least teaming with a better writer to flesh out his ideas. :p

firehawk12

Subete no aware
icarus-daedelus said:
I don't understand the 11 episode thing, but I like it. Short and sweet.

You wouldn't believe the number of things I've started and stopped but still intend to go back to. Aria I feel OK about, because it's pretty standalone for the most part and it functions like a warm bath after a crap day at work for me when I do remember to watch it, lol. Nice and easy to go back to.
President Aria is sad that you don't want to see him again though!

Cwarrior

Xmen ep2

oh cyclopes even all the way out in japan you go and make an ass out of your self
Feel like am watching xmen x afro samurai
Hope to god this u man arc ends really soon, bring on some interesting villains

duckroll

Cwarrior said:
Xmen ep2

oh cyclopes even all the way out in japan you go and make an ass out of your self
Feel like a watching xmen x afro samurai
Hope to god this u man arc ends really soon, bring on some interesting villains

I'm pretty sure the U-Men is like... the entire anime arc.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
God, maybe I should watch episode 1 again. :p
Maybe, but it's not integral. It's just nice speculation material. =P

7Th said:
I would prefer it to be hand-drawn, but it really doesn't look that bad.
CG looks a few years dated, but it's not bad at all really.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
Maybe, but it's not integral. It's just nice speculation material. =P
Speculah ahoy!

icarus-daedelus said:
Oh but I do. I particularly enjoy seeing him in agony whenever President Maa is around and on the prowl. :3
Maaaaa *bite*.

I just realized that she's a lot like Index...

duckroll

Infinite Justice said:
we should get some Emma at least.

There's obviously going to be other stuff happening in the story, like the Inner Circle being the string pullers, but the U-Men are the primary antagonists.

7Th said:
Spring is old and busted, let's get ready for summer!

Usagi Drop and....

Edit: Oh shit, just noticed Dantilon no Shoka. Started reading the manga recently and it's actually pretty good. First arc might as well be about a crazy stalker Twilight fan.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Seems better than the last summer - Natsume S3, Kamisama dolls, No.6 & Usagi drop are definite watches for me, and will check out Blood-C, Dantalion no Shoka, Blade (if it's as good as x-men!) and Kami-sama no memo-chou.

duckroll said:
There's obviously going to be other stuff happening in the story, like the Inner Circle being the string pullers, but the U-Men are the primary antagonists.

Mastermind will be Masterminding.

Will be content with Emma
and Jean if/when she reappears

7Th said:
Spring is old and busted, let's get ready for summer!

Summer looks fucking terrible

7Th

Spring season shows that will be worth checking out:

Bones' BL noitaminA show
The Goriponmaster
Gainax's new goth-loli clothing advertisement
Natsume 3
Not Yotsuba
Noodle Saya
Sunrise's new otakubait show

Risette

A Good Citizen
Will check out Blood C, IM@S, Natsume (if I finish the previous two seasons in time), maybe Blade if it's as nice as X-Men, Dantalian no Shoka, and whatever else people I trust say might be good.

zeroshiki

I actually have the first vol of the Kamisama no Memochou light novel somewhere around here. Oh well, another thing I bought that I won't use! JC Staff better not futz it up.

duckroll

I'm probably going to check out 7 shows in Summer. But I have serious doubts as to whether I will end up following any of them. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom