• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
I'm trying to remember what happens in S4... it's mostly Yumi and her antics when it came to picking out her own Rose en Bouten de la blahblahblah though.

I accidentally found out who Yumi chose while reading through summaries and stuff a few years ago. And damn, I still remember who. Less Sachiko makes Marimite a poor series though.

7Th said:
Spring is old and busted, let's get ready for summer!

Looks like I'll check out:

Natsume Yuujin Chou San (after I watch the earlier seasons)
Usagi Drop
NO.6
Ikoku Meiro no Croisee
Kamisama Dolls
Kami-sama no Memo-chou

And maybe Idolmaster just for kicks (hopefully at least there's some good music).

flawfuls

firehawk12 said:
And yeah, including myself, Marimite has a strangely large male fanbase. Enough to sustain 4 seasons and a Pizza Hut sponsorship anyway. But, unlike Strawberry Panic, Marimite isn't really about girls sexing each other up.

I'd presume Oniisama e... has a similarly large male fanbase?

Oniisama e isn't really yuri. I mean there are certainly yuri aspects and it's similar to Marimite, but that is only part of it and
none of the girls even hook up at any point

firehawk12

Subete no aware
zeroshiki said:
I accidentally found out who Yumi chose while reading through summaries and stuff a few years ago. And damn, I still remember who. Less Sachiko makes Marimite a poor series though.
Eh, at that point the series is mostly over. I just wish they'd just have an OVA or something to wrap it up in anime form.

flawfuls said:
Oniisama e isn't really yuri. I mean there are certainly yuri aspects and it's similar to Marimite, but that is only part of it and
none of the girls even hook up at any point
Well, no one really hooks up in Marimite either... and only one of the main characters outwardly identifies as lesbian.

Astarotte​ no Omocha! 1

Gonna need to see more to make a judgement. A little funny. I like how nonchalantly the glasses succubus says "your mother sucked like a billion cocks at your age." (paraphrased)

flawfuls

firehawk12 said:
Well, no one really hooks up in Marimite either... and only one of the main characters outwardly identifies as lesbian.

Yeah, but they all
hook up with dudes in the end of Oniisama e

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:
Eh, at that point the series is mostly over. I just wish they'd just have an OVA or something to wrap it up in anime form.

And only 1 dude as gay!

zeroshiki said:
It is. There has got to be gay anime fans out there but they are probably an insanely small negligible amount. BL is written for the fujoshi crowd.

Yep. A lot of gay anime fans don't even like standard BL, "bara" (nsfw) is more likely, but it's basically just gay hentai.

NewFresh

Did anybody here finish watching Bakuman?

I have kept up with it all the while being tired of Mashiro. I just hope that it begins to pick up nest season.

Jerk

Banned
Has anyone found anything of particular interest this season?

I plan on watching everything at least once, but some direction would be nice.

zeroshiki

Jerk said:

Hanasaku Iroha.

Then again, you watched Star Driver so uhh.. Tiger & Bunny?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Jerk said:

Dororon Enma-kun, Hanasaku Iroha, X-MEN

I don't think you'd like Nichijou but it's good too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jerk said:

Depends on what you want to watch.
Hanasaku Iroha is the clear winner though.

NewFresh

Jerk said:

In order of worth:
Hanasaku Iroha
Nichijou
Tiger and Bunny ( First ep at least)

Jerk said:

Of what I've watched:

Steins;Gate: Interesting yet confusing. Seems to suffer from some disjointed story telling and apparently rushed through the intro of the VN. Still gonna watch more though.

Kaiji: Still fuckin awesome seeing Kaiji claw his way out of the pits of despair. As long as they don't fuck up anything else like they did with the intro, should be a contender for show of the season.

Lotte no Omocha!: It's all right, but...

Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera: Funny, hot blooded, and a little disturbing. Another contender for show of the season.

Nichijou: Boring, but some people seem to think it's funny. Typical slice of life comedy.

Sket Dance: Entertaining and a good adaptation of the funny source material. Should stay good.

Tiger & Bunny: Surprisingly good. An interesting albeit not entirely original take on the superhero genre. An incredibly likable and relatable protagonist.

Hen Zemi: Kind of funny I guess. Only 12 minutes though, so not much of a commitment.

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku: Better than Hen Zemi.

Dog Days: I like it, but not many other people will. Episode 2 has good action at least.

X-Men: Good, but not as good as Duck is making it out to be.

Jerk said:

Hanasaku Iroha is the clear standout so far but other notable shows so far are:
Tiger and Bunny
X-Men
Dororon Enma-Kun
Nichijou

Still plenty of shows that have yet to air.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not as many Kaiji recommendations as there ought to be. It had a really strong season 2 opener.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Not as many Kaiji recommendations as their ought to be. It had a really strong season 2 opener.
It's hard to recommend a sequel season, and if they have already watched the original they probably already know there's a second season anyway.

Trapeze 5

After a somewhat disjointed first episode, Trapeze has been getting into a good stride. The writing does a good job at making me care for the patient of the episode, and the animation does a good job at visualizing their issues. At first I wasn't sure what the point of the injections were besides random sexiness, but it seems to be just a colorful way of stripping the patient down to his true animal self. It's formulaic, but it's well-executed and presents widely varied situations so who cares?

Jerk

Banned
Hanasaku Iroha

Looks pretty, and the story is nice enough.

Not a fan of the genre, but I will continue to watch.

Edit: Thanks for the list cosmic.

Digimon Xros Wars: The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms 1:
Finally. After how bland the show was early on, I never would have imagined that a month long break would have me chomping for more, but they've really managed to turn this series around unlike just about anything I can remember.

The new season manages to get a lot right. They set up the new powers in the Digital World and showcase how much things have gone to shit since Taiki's departure, and you really get a sense for that when Kiriha is despairing and tells Taiki that he's just come back to die. This episode was mostly just set up for what's to come, but it managed to be very effective at that. I'm disappointed that I have to wait until next episode for Nene-san, though.

dimb

Lafiel said:
It's hard to recommend a sequel season, and if they have already watched the original they probably already know there's a second season anyway.
I've never watched the first season of Kaiji but I got right into the second season of it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Dance In My Blood said:
I've never watched the first season of Kaiji but I got right into the second season of it.
You're missing out. Watch the first season while you wait for more S2 episodes to air.

It's really good, I randomly watched an ep last week and then I ended up watching 23 episodes of it in 2 days.

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
It's just done to get you to watch, like the end of Kirby's Dream Land 1 where after the credits it gives you a cheat code to play the game in Hard Mode, and then after the credits in Hard Mode it gives you a cheatcode for a special menu with a sound test and lives/health select... but as far as recaps go, why not, in a complex series with a lot going on? Not everyone's going to remember everything that's important that happened before.
I know why they do it and fuck them!
A Black Falcon said:
I'll watch it anyway, it's not THAT bad, just nowhere near as good as what came before it, and about different characters.
I agree, good on you then.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maria+Holic. Honestly, this show stopped being funny around episode 3 of last season but I went ahead and watched the third, pretty lame but the superior girl, Ryūken Ishima, had a bad ass entrance.

Dog Days, ok, I hate Dresden now. This show sucks. I don't even think prancing around and tapping people on the back counts as action but whatever it is there's a lot of it. But sure, the cat girl was alright although that kind of pisses me off as I was hoping they'd make dogs superior for once. Fucking bastards. I still think the dogs should have won in Asobi no Iku Yo. But it's better than Nichijou. Anyways, so what nation's going to bring the girl that actually beat our hero in that competition in the human world over as their hero? We know it's coming, think it'll be the cats or an as of yet unknown country?
Aigis said:
This isn't a con :(
Fuck yes, Chiaki Omigawa reporting in. If someone's brought over the American sitcom the Nanny to Japan I hope she got to voice Fran's character, and if not they need to re-release it with her doing the nanny's voice just because.

That recap kind of ruins season 1, or at least the finale. Don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much if I got spoiled. It was legitimately unpredictable.

dimb

cosmicblizzard said:
That recap kind of ruins season 1, or at least the finale. Don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much if I got spoiled. It was legitimately unpredictable.
I think I already forgot it.

Finally not paying attention pays off.

mAcOdIn

Oh shit, what a slip. You got it all wrong, sometimes when I'm alone, which admittedly is most of the time, I like to pretend I'm Chiaki Omigawa. My cats really adore the act and the voice keeps the Mormons from staying too long.

duckroll

mAcOdIn said:
Oh shit, what a slip. You got it all wrong, sometimes when I'm alone, which admittedly is most of the time, I like to pretend I'm Chiaki Omigawa. My cats really adore the act and the voice keeps the Mormons from staying too long.

Haha do you really think you're fooling anyone with that crap? Your forum acting is just as bad as your voice acting. Begone!

zeroshiki

Think about it, guys. If Chiaki Omigawa is here then she might be able to introduce us to her other friends. How would you guys like having Hirano Aya or Kugimiya Rie boarding with us?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can't ban mAc, otherwise, who would respond to ABF's posts?

They are two halves of a whole, you can't kill one without killing the other.

Dresden

zeroshiki said:
Think about it, guys. If Chiaki Omigawa is here then she might be able to introduce us to her other friends. How would you guys like having Hirano Aya or Kugimiya Rie boarding with us?
It's like a triumvirate of VA's I hate.

Branduil

zeroshiki said:
Who needs them? I'd like to congratulate Chiaki for her excellent work in Soredemo.

duckroll

Dresden said:
Holy fucking shit do I love lists.

Will check out:

No.6
Natsume
Usagi Drop
Dantalian (manga blows, wary about this one)
Kamisama Dolls
idolmashter

Not checking out Blade? Why? What's your problem? Are you racist?

jman2050

zeroshiki said:
I can imagine Kugimiya Rie's reply to everything now:

"It-- It's not like I check on this thread regularly because I want to. I'm just making sure you all don't post something stupid, that's all!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom