• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Uchip said:
sounds like every anime ever
Depends on the anime! some anime can have some fairly effective melodrama, although i wouldn't consider toradora a good example of one.

Does EviLore only do permabans? I hate sites where you can't tell.
For such a large forum it's probably best not to have a ban list.:)

Jex

Lafiel said:
Me too, but I've been meaning to change it!
May I suggest

hiavatar.jpg
or
hralt.jpg

expy

Banned
It's gonna be weird scrolling through the pages after this is all done. Going to be practically all static content.

Jex

expy said:
Here's one with fixed levels if you find yours a bit too washed out.
[IMGhttp://www.abload.de/img/ava_fix87g6.jpg/IMG]
You're trying to alter the saturation on art, man.

It looks better!

The annoying bit isn't the saturation so much as the endless cropping.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Toradora 24 - Mmm something about the situation feels strangely silly to me, whatever only one more episode left!

expy said:
Here's one with fixed levels if you find yours a bit too washed out.
ava_fix87g6.jpg
Thanks for that. Edit - However after some thinking about it for a little bit, i realized i like the first avatar better.>_>

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Toradora 25 - Whew I'm done, overall i was pretty pleased with the ending, it's no-where near Maison ikkoku quality, but it's satisfying and conclusive enough.

Overall i enjoyed this series much more then i think i should have, it's a very standard romcom there's nothing really special about it at all in many ways, yet i found myself strangely addicted to it, and couldn't stop watching it until i was finished. Taiga also turned out to be fairly tolerable for a tsundere, which is a surprise. (considering she seemed fairly insufferable during the first episode).

I didn't exactly mind the melodrama tonal shift later on in the series, although it definitely got kind of insufferable at parts, and some of the conflict just felt really unnatural at times. I kinda liked the whole
taiga trying to sacrifice her happiness for her best friend
dynamic, but it got to damn dramatic for it's own good.

One good thing about the series in regards to the romance i noticed, is there was rarely or any status quo or spinning the wheel moments, which was fairly refreshing, I'm actually kind of surprised there was a shipping community for some of the pairings in the show, as i never really felt there were any moments where the main character would have ended up with one of the other girls, in fact who he would have ended up with seemed obvious even from the beginning.:lol

Now that I'm done with the series i need to go back and watch the rest of revolutionary girl utena!

Cwarrior

Hanasaku Iroha ep 2

Not as good as the first episode, stuff are going to smoothly for main character for my likeing.
So far theres an obvious love triangle, go die girl likes kitchen boy, kitchen boy might end up liking iroha, shy girls a lesbian who likes iroha, guest guy staying so he can watch the girls and child hood friend is too busy beating his dick in sorrow.

from what i ve seen this season
steins gate >hanasaku iroha = dormon enma-kun> Nichijou>>>>>xmen

all have been good apart from x men just being just ok

zeroshiki

Hanasaku Iroha 02

Well that definitely settles whether or not Ohana has the worst relatives ever. I hope her mother gets run over by a truck. Repeatedly. Why the fuck would you do something like that to your kid?! Aarrrrggghhhh!

Still, a great episode though. Ohana is really cute and Minko will turn dere dere for her soon enough. I hope that pervy author dude gets arrested or something, though.

This show is so far above everything this season as to be absurd.

Dresden

Oh hey, Persona anime.
During the final minute of Monday, April 11, the Japanese production company Aniplex confirmed that a television anime adaptation of the Persona 4 role-playing game from Atlus is in the works. Seiji Kishi is directing the project at AIC ASTA.

The Persona 4 game shipped for the Sony PlayStation 2 console in 2008. Its predecessor, Persona 3, shipped for the same system in 2006 and inspired the Persona -trinity soul- television anime series in 2008.

A late-night television commercial ran in Japan early Sunday morning and revealed that the www.mayonaka-tv.jp website that would carry the announcement. The personal computer version of the site already indicated that Aniplex, Index Corporation, and the "P4A Committee" were involved, while the Japanese mobile phone version of the site briefly listed "Persona 4 Animation" Sunday morning.

duckroll

FROM THE DIRECTOR OF ANGEL BEATS AND MY BRIDE IS A MERMAID COMES THE LONG AWAITED ANIME ADAPTATION OF PERSONA 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not.Enough.Lulz.

BluWacky

InfiniteNine said:
I don't know since I could never really get into those games for some reason.

Bu-bu-but you started the visual novel thread! How can you not like the Persona games? They're visual novels with added gameplay!

Jex

Salazar said:
Watched the first section (is it the first half ?) of DURARARA.

Fucking brilliant.
I remember you!
hosannainexcelsis said:
Indeed; I never understood the dislike for that show.
Well that was the good half.

Although I had lots of problems with that half as well.

Dresden

hosannainexcelsis said:
Seto no Hanayome is awesome, but it's not exactly what I'd want for Persona 4.
That's... what I'm thinking. Bride and Sunred are both good stuff, but for P4? Not to mention the taint of Angel Beats still clinging to him (although you can always blame Jun Maeda for that).

I'm more worried that he's somehow gotten hold of Kamisama Dolls, though.

jman2050

Man rewatching CCS after getting used to Madoka for the past 3-4 months is quite jarring. The two are complete polar opposites in tone. Not that that's surprising at all, but it's still noticable. Although I recall CCS getting a bit more SRS BSNS at the midway point.

Also I will never get used to CLAMP's character designs. Ever.

Lafiel said:
Toradora 25 ...

One good thing about the series in regards to the romance i noticed, is there was rarely or any status quo or spinning the wheel moments, which was fairly refreshing, I'm actually kind of surprised there was a shipping community for some of the pairings in the show, as i never really felt there were any moments where the main character would have ended up with one of the other girls, in fact who he would have ended up with seemed obvious even from the beginning.:lol

These are anime fans we're talking about! It was obvious about 10-15 minutes into the first episode where this story was going to go but if someone didn't like that pairing for whatever reason, that person would have no qualms ignoring the obvious in order to entertain their own fantasy ending. So basically like fans of any other anime series ever.

jman2050

Jexhius said:
I need to find more stuff to hate. I've been watching too much good stuff lately.

You want a series to legitimately hate or just fake-hate like Code Geass?

Cause I'm pretty sure I have one or two series in my back pocket that I keep wishing to forget even existed, much less actually watched.

Jex

Branduil said:
There's always Glass Fleet.
Hatin' on Glass Fleet is like shooting fish in a barrel. Also, it has it's awful charms.

I haven't really hated something since Stardust Memory. Then again I haven't really been excited by something (bar Wandering Son) since Infinite Ryvius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom