• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

If you see Yotsuba on a list, then it's obviously false. That ain't happening.

Not to mention the other totally unlikely combination of shows.

Dresden

flawfuls said:
This is the one where breast milk gives you power right? Can the main character now suck on her own breasts for power?
I knew this pic would come in handy one day.
cgF2W.jpg

7Th

Lain said:
Is it really him? That didn't happen in the manga.... yet! At least where I'm at (end of volume 7).

It's him; he is supposedly still biologically male, he just looks like a girl thanks to SUPERIOR JAPANESE TECHNOLOGY.

flawfuls said:
This is the one where breast milk gives you power right? Can the main character now suck on her own breasts for power?

See above.

Joe Molotov

InfiniteNine said:
Well I got a package from Funimation that has a few Summer Wars art cards and a NERV decal. I'll take it!

Got mine today too. I was only expecting the slipcover, so the character cards were a nice bonus.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Joe Molotov said:
Got mine today too. I was only expecting the slipcover, so the character cards were a nice bonus.
Yup, got two sets for some reason, so that's cool. Don't know what I'm going to do with a duplicate of everything though.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
InfiniteNine said:
Yup, got two sets for some reason, so that's cool. Don't know what I'm going to do with a duplicate of everything though.
Oooooh! Could you send me the spare NERV decal? :3

flawfuls

firehawk12 said:
People are talking about and posting pictures of h-doujin. Check another one off the Endless Eight Anime Thread list.

He didn't even need to, recent shounen anime has that kind of content covered.

VMgIQ.png

Cwarrior

Jexhius said:
Wasn't the creator all "Not now, not ever. It's not suited to animation" kind of thing.

Yeah. That's why.

yeah that's what he say, until they show the money hat.
didn't Jin Kobayashi say the same shit for school rumble until they made the show then show it to him.

mysterious girlfriend x WTF? who comes up with this stuff lol

Dresden

Lafiel said:
Even for a fake list it's not really that exciting, nothing but adaptations and sequels man, i want more original projects.
Fake lists still have to maintain a shred of plausibility, that's like pure fantasy.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:
Fake lists still have to maintain a shred of plausibility, that's like pure fantasy.
To be fair there is a original shinichiro watanabe project on there! i wonder how long it will be before that becomes reality?

Dresden

Lafiel said:
To be fair there is a original shinichiro watanabe project on there! i wonder how long it will be before that becomes reality?
Depends on when someone makes a wish to a certain loltropy cat... but then, it says Manglobe under it so probably never, they're too busy making unpopular adaptations.

InfiniteNine said:
Cheeeeeen is more plausible than a bunch of original works.
You sucker them in with promises of Vinland Saga and punch them in the teeth with Cheeeeen.

Geneijin

Sengoku Otome - 2
They're actually going to play this story straight? I'm slightly offended. A version of Sengoku Basara without no hot-blooded sword fights, females are everywhere in this Sengoku period, an infectiously annoying protagonist, boring characters, and very minimal fanservice? Appalling. Should have stuck to being an ecchi anime or something.

Lafiel said:
Probably in about 5 years at the rate things are coming true from it. How many more need to come true before we can declare it prophetic?

Articalys

On the hypothetical chart, I am a bit surprised they marked KyoAni over J.C.Staff for Yotsuba considering the latter did Azumanga, unless there's some backlash against J.C. that I don't know about.

Joe Molotov

Was bored over the weekend, so I watched a bunch of anime premieres.

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku - The God of Sex was awesome, everything else was meh.

A-Channel - I watch moe blob shows, and this still looks like it's gonna be a hard one to make it through. Character designs are blah.

Asatarotte's Toy - Aside from the creepy premise, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was still bad, though.

Dog Days - Well, I am a fan of Ninja Warrior soooo...maybe?

Doronon Enma-kun - It had a giant demon penis in it, I'm sold.

Fireball Charming - Anime of the Year, probably.

Hanasaku Iroha - Bitches are mean up in this show.

Hen Zemi - Kinda gross, and not funny.

Maria+Holic Alive - I dropped the original Maria+Holic, but I gotta admit, I kinda liked the first episode of this. Deus Ex Machina Matsurika was great.

Nichijou - I thought the Episode 0 OVA was terrible, but the first episode I really liked. The octopus sausage scene was amazing. I don't know if I'll watch it all season, but I'll check out the second episode later this evening probably.

Oretachi in Tsubasa wa Nai - No idea wtf this is. I thought it was just some harem show, and then BAM it drops like 40 named characters on me in the first episode, maybe one guy's an alien, and a goth loli asked a man to put his "monster" inside her "kitty", complete with loli pantsu on display. Do not want.

SKET Dance - Pretty good stuff from a show I haven't really heard anything about at all.

Steins;Gate - I liked Chaos;Head so I had to check this out. Pretty decent first episode, we'll see where it goes from there.

Tiger & Bunny - Really like this show. Makes we want to drink some Pepsi, and watch some UStream.

X-Men - S'okay.

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san - Pretty funny, I'll watch some more.

Also:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Episodes 1 - 10 - I couldn't get past the idea that I was watching a super-sad version of Hidamari Sketch. In other words, I loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom