• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

TWGOK2

This seemed better than the season 1 opener. Maybe I just didn't notice because it's in the middle of the story, but I didn't see any glaring omissions and it didn't seem stretched out at all. Keima competing with a martial arts mastery aura with his dating sim mastery aura was hilarious too.

Also good to see that it'll cover the student teacher arc, sad that it'll probably die off before Ramen Girl though. :/

Nichijou - I thought the Episode 0 OVA was terrible, but the first episode I really liked. The octopus sausage scene was amazing. I don't know if I'll watch it all season, but I'll check out the second episode later this evening probably.

Going by episode 2, it looks like we'll get one of those bits every episode which is pretty awesome. Reminds me of those animated action GIFs that were all over the internet years ago.

Steroyd

Geneijin said:
Sengoku Otome - 2
They're actually going to play this story straight? I'm slightly offended. A version of Sengoku Basara without no hot-blooded sword fights, females are everywhere in this Sengoku period, an infectiously annoying protagonist, boring characters, and very minimal fanservice? Appalling. Should have stuck to being an ecchi anime or something.

Wow I would have thought the talking dog would bring a certain level of insanoty for the 2nd episode, guess not.

Joule

Yondemase yo Azazel-san 1: That was really amusing. I didn't know what to expect with this one and I was pleasantly surprised. Azazel is entertaining. I can't wait to see what sort of cases he and Sakuma run into as well what other demons throw into the mix.

Lotte's Toy 1: They certainly stretched out the beginning of the first chapter. There was a bit of cute doings here and there. Kugimiya is drilling into my brain.

30yr old Virgin Thing 1: This was actually a little bit funny. The sex god being a bishie and his attempts to train the protag was worth a few chuckles at least. I'll keep watching this. For a 12 minute affair it's not too bad. Certainly funnier than Hen Zemi. I'm getting a little tired of Hiro Shimono's yelling though.

-Stranger-

Hanasaku Iroha Ep 2

Still continues to be great, the story and characters are really enjoyable.
So that author was basically a pedophile?

flawfuls

-Stranger- said:
Hanasaku Iroha Ep 2

Still continues to be great, the story and characters are really enjoyable.
So that author was basically a pedophile?

That was art man. You goddamn simpletons will never understand his genius!

JKTrix

Catching up on Archer, this just happened
FjFwR.jpg

Lain

I was totally oblivious to the fact that the VA for Yui Hirasawa was working in Hanasaku Iroha. And that she was even Kana in Kanamemo (she provided so many laughs).
My love for Yui, and her VA, burns even stronger now.

tiff

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Oretachi in Tsubasa wa Nai - No idea wtf this is. I thought it was just some harem show, and then BAM it drops like 40 named characters on me in the first episode, maybe one guy's an alien, and a goth loli asked a man to put his "monster" inside her "kitty", complete with loli pantsu on display. Do not want.
From what I've seen it looks like there's a ton of pantsu in the first episode.

Do want.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Dresden said:
Three down, twenty five more to go.

WAIT WAIT WAIT THE FREAKING HELL

THERE WAS A LUICIFER AND THE BISCUIT HAMMER ANIME? WHERE IS IT? WHY CAN"T GOOGLE FIND IT?!?!

I found the youtube trailer from google!!!
fffff I got rick rolled!!!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lain said:
I was totally oblivious to the fact that the VA for Yui Hirasawa was working in Hanasaku Iroha. And that she was even Kana in Kanamemo (she provided so many laughs).
My love for Yui, and her VA, burns even stronger now.
Yup. Her squeaky voice is saved by the fact that the girl who does Mio is in everything now.

Tsundere altos are like sex to Japanese nerds!

Cwarrior

tiger & bunny ep1

Surprise good show wow never expected it.
What the fuck is up with this season and having to many promising shows? At this rate my watch list going to grow too big.

So far 5 out 6 show i seen turn out good

kiunchbb said:
WAIT WAIT WAIT THE FREAKING HELL

THERE WAS A LUICIFER AND THE BISCUIT HAMMER ANIME? WHERE IS IT? WHY CAN"T GOOGLE FIND IT?!?!

I found the youtube trailer from google!!!
fffff I got rick rolled!!!!
Keep searching. You'll find it eventually.

Geneijin

Joule said:
Yondemase yo Azazel-san 1: That was really amusing. I didn't know what to expect with this one and I was pleasantly surprised. Azazel is entertaining. I can't wait to see what sort of cases he and Sakuma run into as well what other demons throw into the mix.
Watch the OVA stat. You'll see even more potential!

Solune said:
flawfuls you're gonna be rising on cosmicblizzard's list.
Has this now become the new wall of shame?

tiff said:
From what I've seen it looks like there's a ton of pantsu in the first episode.

Do want.
Needs more subtlety. Otherwise, where's my story?

flawfuls

It's really a missed opportunity that they never made a Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. The manga was the perfect length for an anime, it seemed like it would appeal to all the right demographics and then there is the fact that it's just really damn good.

Paprikka

I eagerly await the updated version of that fake season list when someone takes out the ones that actually happened and add stuff in like an adaptation/continuation of Double Arts to make it hurt even more.

Dresden

flawfuls said:
It's really a missed opportunity that they never made a Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. The manga was the perfect length for an anime, it seemed like it would appeal to all the right demographics and then there is the fact that it's just really damn good.
In an ideal world, it'd get enough room to breathe, and be produced by a competent studio, but in reality J.C. Staff would grab it, we'd get an original ending squeezed out of a thirteen-episode season, and Rie Kugimiya would voice Sami.

Lain

Dresden said:
In an ideal world, it'd get enough room to breathe, and be produced by a competent studio, but in reality J.C. Staff would grab it, we'd get an original ending squeezed out of a thirteen-episode season, and Rie Kugimiya would voice Sami.
Where do I have to sign for this?!

A-Channel wasn't funny (well, tit slap was sort of funny). But it had a good mood/feel good atmosphere so I'll watch the next episode too.

Dresden

Lain said:
Where do I have to sign for this?!
No idea, but you can use my bitter tears as ink. It'll come out black from concentrated angst.

Random stuff: popularity rankings. Hooray for bland male characters.

flawfuls said:
It's not really a missed opportunity because it would have been worse to have an anime while the manga was still running. Now that's it done, whenever we get one, and we will, there's a chance it'll cover the entire series because the whole thing is done. If we had an anime while it was running, it'd be screwed up with an original ending and no one wants that.

7Th

Master Milk said:
It's not really a missed opportunity because it would have been worse to have an anime while the manga was still running. Now that's it done, whenever we get one, and we will, there's a chance it'll cover the entire series because the whole thing is done. If we had an anime while it was running, it'd be screwed up with an original ending and no one wants that.

Finished manga almost never gets anime, though; that's what he is talking about: right now, the chances of BH getting an anime are basically nonexistent.

Blader

Dresden said:
No idea, but you can use my bitter tears as ink. It'll come out black from concentrated angst.

Kira still? What the fuck!

7Th said:
Finished manga almost never gets anime, though; that's what he is talking about: right now, the chances of BH getting an anime are basically nonexistent.
That was in the past when there was tons of stuff to adapt!

Now, in the FUTURE!!! there's only crap left so studios are going to look for fan favorites!

There's still hope. Believe.

Dresden

Master Milk said:
That was in the past when there was tons of stuff to adapt!

Now, in the FUTURE!!! there's only crap left so studios are going to look for fan favorites!

There's still hope. Believe.
They'd adapt crap if it sold well or if it was able to drive more sales of the manga. And there's never a shortage of crap.

In short, crap > Samidare.

7Th said:

Level E just got an adaptation more than a decade after finishing (yeah, its from one of the biggest mangaka of all time, but still). It's rare, but it does happen.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
icarus-daedelus said:
So, I've been trying to figure out what it is about the character designs in Infinite Ryvius that bothers me, and I think it's that they have disproportionately large heads. Maybe this is intentional so as to make them look younger to give it that
Lord of the Flies in space!
feel they're going for, or maybe it's just accidental. Or, maybe I'm just imagining things. >_>

Without that everyone would look older than they should given the aforementioned premise (in truth, several of them do look way too old) but I dunno if they put that much thought into it when the age appearance of characters is somewhat inconsistent otherwise. :?

Hisashi Hirai fugly character design™

7Th

Almost =! always

Also, unlike Naoki Urasawa or Yoshihiro Togashi, Mizukami Satoshi isn't a wildly popular, mainstream mangaka.

duckroll

There were rumors 1-2 years ago that Lucifer and Biscuit was going to be a BONES anime with Igarashi directing. I wonder if they were just made up, or if they passed on the project to make Star Driver instead...

7Th

cosmicblizzard said:
Uh, yeah. Manga was finished when it started airing.

Unlike the relatively unknown Biscuit Hammer, Death Note was super-popular media phenomenon with a live-action movie when the anime was announced.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
cosmicblizzard said:
Uh, yeah. Manga was finished when it started airing.

The anime was announced before the manga was finished (in volumes) though.

Dresden said:

Nice to see dear Homura in there. And above Madoka too! That's the more important thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom