• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Jexhius said:
Farewell, endless avatar quotes.
jigenavtar3.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Branduil said:
It actually really isn't, so much.
I'll have to keep watching then. So far I'm enjoying it because

1) It's pretty
2) The dialogue is weird
3) The Second Coming of Sex Hair

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dresden said:
RIP gifatars

Tweeny Witches is pretty good. I wonder if I'm missing out by listening to the dub, though.
Yes you are. The two most important phrases IN THE UNIVERSE are best experienced in Japanese.

Haly

One would argue that they are the basic axioms upon which the universe exists. Without them all would be naught!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:
RIP gifatars

Tweeny Witches is pretty good. I wonder if I'm missing out by listening to the dub, though.

Also R.I.P rotating avatars!

I'm going miss 7th set of avatars.:(

Uchip

Banned
doomed1 said:
It does. As does Panty and Stocking. But they're two completely different styles of humor. It just means that your friend has different tastes than you. dealwithit.gif

And for the record, I enjoy both.

nichijou contains the holy trinity of annoying anime shit for me
school setting, loli characters and annoying high pitched voices

Geneijin

Ore-tachi Tsubasa - 2
If the game spoilers are true, it makes the current direction of this series even worse for me.

*game spoilers*
dissociative identity disorder

Another wasted potential.

Instro

Uchip said:
the girl who leapt through time?

Ah ok thats what I was thinking, I meant to watch it a while ago but I wanted to wait for the bluray release instead.

Jexhius said:
"Don't Do It Mako! Mako Sexy Symphony Part I"

That trick only works outside this thread.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Uchip said:
nichijou contains the holy trinity of annoying anime shit for me
school setting, loli characters and annoying high pitched voices

1 - School settings can be well-executed depending on the quality of the show. (it is terribly overused though)

2 - None of the characters in Nichijou could be classified as loli's, being a loli would haft to imply some sexualization of some kind. So far there is absolutely none in nichijou.

3 - Yeah they can be annoying!

Yugioh Zexal Ep 1

Checklist:

-Kid with Atem Hair style
-Kaiba wannabe rival with early shitty deck
-Naked blue spirit guy
-Scouters where the player can see monsters(Yugioh AR dueling)
-ugly dueldisk
-Best of all, no more duel bikes :D

Haly

Ohana is going to grow up to become a rapist.

Jex

jman2050 said:
And here I thought Nichijou wasn't good because it wasn't funny.
No no, you have to look below the surface and focus on issues that aren't related to why a show succeeds or fails.

Instro

Branduil said:
You're in for a treat.

Yeah Im always kind of lacking in the movies department when it comes to anime. Ive seen very few, so theres a number of really great ones I want to watch.

Dresden

jman2050 said:
itsh sho cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
du0z4.gif

...but yeah, after episode 2 I'd have to agree that the doctor is the worst part about the show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:
Their one action sequence per episode is always funny! It's like the Road Runner segment sandwiched between the other boring Looney Tunes stuff.

Dresden

Regulus Tera said:
Debating myself whether to get my moe moe fix from Hanasaku Iroha or Nichijou. I will only tolerate one at a time.
Ohana is a wholesome kind of moe.

Nichijou is that slightly guilty feeling you get after eating too much candy.

Geneijin

Instro said:
Yeah Im always kind of lacking in the movies department when it comes to anime. Ive seen very few, so theres a number of really great ones I want to watch.
Is You Are Umasou in your backlog =)? Trailer. Teaser.

Regulus Tera said:
Debating myself whether to get my moe moe fix from Hanasaku Iroha or Nichijou. I will only tolerate one at a time.
Hanasaku Iroha.

Instro

Geneijin said:
Is You Are Umasou in your backlog =)? Trailer. Teaser.

Has been for awhile, looks fantastic. If for nothing else, I just wanna see some dinos.

Regulus Tera said:

Nichijou is nice and all but Iroha is much much better.

Jex

cosmicblizzard said:
Nichijou 1

Meh, kind of okay. Not really crazy enough and pretty boring. I like the dude that has sex with goats and I'm mildly amused by the robot girl, but that's about it. Don't think I'm gonna stick around for more.
Man, perhaps I really wasn't paying attention to that first episode out of boredom, but I don't remember that.

Branduil

firehawk12 said:
One's slice of life and the other's comedy though...
That's true, but I still think Hanasaku was better at what it was trying to do. The biggest thing Nichijou has going for it is production value, but Hanasaku is far from bad in that area.

duckroll

Jexhius said:
Man, perhaps I really wasn't paying attention to that first episode out of boredom, but I don't remember that.

I swear sometimes the posts in the anime threads have random shit in them just to check if anyone really reads their posts.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Instro said:
They are saving that joke for later Im sure.
Anime isn't above goat sex, of course.

Branduil said:
That's true, but I still think Hanasaku was better at what it was trying to do. The biggest thing Nichijou has going for it is production value, but Hanasaku is far from bad in that area.
Yeah, but if you're looking for a "laugh out loud" comedy, HanaIro (is that the official contraction/portmanteau? :p) probably doesn't fit the bill. I suppose one is better at being a slice of life show than the other at being a slice of life comedy though.

Jex

duckroll said:
I swear sometimes the posts in the anime threads have random shit in them just to check if anyone really reads their posts.
I wouldn't know anything about that.

I'm not sure why I bothered to bring that remark up, half a thread later, but it just occurred to me as a rather odd claim.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Regulus Tera said:
Why not both at once, you can never have enough moe!
Hanasaku iroha obviously is the show that's worth your time more

Instro

duckroll said:

Those little bits of exaggeration are just there to spice up the thread. I mean come on whats more interesting, a guy riding a sheep or a guy having sex with a sheep?

Branduil

Instro said:
Those little bits of exaggeration are just there to spice up the thread. I mean come on whats more interesting, a guy riding a sheep or a guy having sex with a sheep?
Finding out the sheep is actually his father.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Instro said:
Hah, are we talking about Catherine/Katherine now?

Speaking of goat fucking, I decided to look up the NTR fetish and the idea itself is not that surprising. What I don't get is how you make a game based around that? Japanese engineering and ingenuity manages to solve a problem that no one really had.

Articalys

firehawk12 said:
Hah, are we talking about Catherine/Katherine now?

Speaking of goat fucking, I decided to look up the NTR fetish and the idea itself is not that surprising. What I don't get is how you make a game based around that? Japanese engineering and ingenuity manages to solve a problem that no one really had.
It's like some video game version of rules 34, 35, and 36 -- there exists a VN for every fetish, and if there isn't one some doujin group will make one. Case in point: Katawa Shoujo.

Geneijin

Instro said:
Has been for awhile, looks fantastic. If for nothing else, I just wanna see some dinos.
Nice. Hope you enjoy both then.

Jexhius said:
It's not integral to the plot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Articalys said:
It's like some video game version of rules 34, 35, and 36 -- there exists a VN for every fetish, and if there isn't one some doujin group will make one. Case in point: Katawa Shoujo.
Oh man, I remember that... but Katawa Shoujo isn't meant to be pervy, is it? At least I remember Leigh Alexander being impressed by it or something a while ago.

And I think I don't really understand how you would make a game about other dudes having sex with your girlfriend. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom