• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
Lafiel said:
1 - School settings can be well-executed depending on the quality of the show. (it is terribly overused though)
you know what i meant

2 - None of the characters in Nichijou could be classified as loli's, being a loli would haft to imply some sexualization of some kind. So far there is absolutely none in nichijou.
you know what i meant

3 - Yeah they can be annoying! you...wait yeah!
:)

i called it the holy trinity
because they all combine into the one thing

Hanasaku Iroha 2
Everyone is a little loose in the head but I think thats the main point? Manager is a massive bitch again hope she gets her ass kicked in the end rather than some happy family funtime ending. Ohana's mum needs a whooping too.

Articalys

Geneijin said:
To not waste a post, I wish the aftermath of Nichijou's chase scene was included.
Huh, I just noticed when the notebook tug-of-war starts, Mio's pigtails detach from her head for a split second. Not sure if intentional or error.
zd7HR.png

Branduil

Articalys said:
Huh, I just noticed when the notebook tug-of-war starts, Mio's pigtails detach from her head for a split second. Not sure if intentional or error.
zd7HR.png
It's KyoAni, so I highly doubt it's accidental.

Steroyd said:
HER!?

Goddamn!

The bigger sin is you not having seen the movie.

Lain

firehawk12 said:
And I think I don't really understand how you would make a game about other dudes having sex with your girlfriend. :lol
I'd imagine it'd be pretty simple, you'd play the girlfriend getting around, so the player would rage at her whorish ways while furiously fapping and cussing at her for every time he is forced to make stupid decisions. Goal reached.

Or you'd play the guy seeing the girlfriend getting around while lacking the balls to do anything about it, so the player would rage while furiously fapping and shedding tears. Goal reached.

Can even play it from the pov of the dude stealing, making you rage at how scum that character would be.
If you add to the mix all sort of types of NTR stories which don't simply include a boyfriend/girlfriend type of relationship, the possibilities seem just endless.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Articalys said:
http://i.imgur.com/zd7HR.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Looks like a visual gag to me.

[QUOTE=Steroyd]HER!?

Goddamn![/QUOTE]
Really? :lol

[QUOTE=Lain]I'd imagine it'd be pretty simple, you'd play the girlfriend getting around, so the player would rage at her whorish ways while furiously fapping and cussing at her for every time he is forced to make stupid decisions. Goal reached.

Or you'd play the guy seeing the girlfriend getting around while lacking the balls to do anything about it, so the player would rage while furiously fapping and shedding tears. Goal reached.

Can even play it from the pov of the dude stealing, making you rage at how scum that character would be.
If you add to the mix all sort of types of NTR stories which don't simply include a boyfriend/girlfriend type of relationship, the possibilities seem just endless.[/QUOTE]
I bow to the master!

Are there games where you play from the point of view of the object of lust and not as the... guy who gets to choose the girl and whatnot?

Steroyd

Dresden said:
Ponyo is Ghiblizaki, but TGWLTT isn't. :p

Leave me alone, feature length/movies are my kryptonite, I'm still shocked I watched both You Are Umasou and the Gintama movie within a 3 day period.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nichijou 1: Bad jokes are bad, but pretty colours and fun music will keep me watching.

If I had to describe it I would say "a thoroughly detailed audiovisual waste of time and money".

Jex

Geneijin said:
http://i.imgur.com/BqAAs.gif/IMG][/QUOTE]
She's lucky enough to get a roof over her head, it's not like her mother sent any money, the bitch.
[QUOTE=firehawk12]Speaking of Nichijou, what's the name of that stair climbing game at the beginning of episode 2?[/QUOTE]
I better ask Jason.

So I started watching Nana the other day since it appeared on Netflix. And just... wow.

Why is it that I tend to love these romantic comedies more than anything. v_v

Rektash

dragonballjoseph said:
So I started watching Nana the other day since it appeared on Netflix. And just... wow.

Stop while you can, the comedy will vanish soon and nothing but agonizing girl drama will remain.

JKTrix

dragonballjoseph said:

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a comedy. You should keep watching, but do not expect comedy.
Lafiel said:
Shouldn't the new show by the utena director be stated for fall?
I don't know if this is an American thing like when people say 'on accident' instead of 'by accident', but I've seen this enough times here. It should be slated, with the letter L, which means scheduled.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Cowie said:
I'm a little baffled by all the Nichijou negativity.

I think you people are just afraid of this show.

afraid.

I haft to admit I'm kinda lukewarm on the show, the animation and direction are up to the usual high-standard kyoani set with K-ON, but the characters aren't engaging me yet, at least the characters in K-ON were memorable!

The chase scene in #2 was excellent though.

JKTrix

I'll probably keep up with Nichijou because of the animation and the music (I'm a sucker for orchestral soundtracks), plus it takes me zero effort to watch it.

Soma

I don't think Nichijou's bad just a little inconsistent with the funny.

The doctor girl and robot are pretty boring though.

Really cute.

But boring.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kettch said:
The show is just too random for my taste. Still, it has enough entertaining parts to keep watching.
Randomness can be funny (see Excel Saga). It's just that most of the jokes in Nichijou are of the "ha ha fooled you!" kind. It wears out quickly.

Jex

K-On!! 21: Haircut edition

Now we're getting to the real meat of the story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aoi-Hana 2

I still find Wandering Son to be a far more interesting property, but this is a good show. I suppose you might prefer it if you're really into girls crying.
Cowie said:
I'm a little baffled by all the Nichijou negativity.

I think you people are just afraid of this show.

afraid.
When the jokes fail on that show (which is often) they fail completely, leaving much of the running time rather boring.

Jex

Well, as one might have expected, the prelimanary rounds of the Sai Mecha ended with a head-to-head between the VF-25 and the VF-1 with victory going to the VF-25 by a slim two votes.

Anyway, the real tournament begins Wednesday. Here's a picture of the the 32 combatants and who's up against who. The pictures way to large to post directly, so here's the link -

http://saimecha.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/saimecha-bracket2.jpg

You an already tell that some of these guys are going to get slaughtered. Turn-A vs the VF-1? C'mon now.

7Th

Wait, what? Rotating avatars are dead? WHY.

Also, is it me or have OPINIONS discussions in this thread gotten worse lately? I think people kind of used to somewhat justify their OPINIONS in the past; nowadays, we just post what we think and don't bother trying to argument why we think what we think. The Madoka discussion that was had last week and the P&S discussion of a few pages ago are the perfect examples of what I'm talking about. Maybe we just, like duckroll said, realized that nobody actually reads half of what we post in these threads.

duckroll

7Th said:
Wait, what? Rotating avatars are dead? WHY.

Sorry, we're moving completely towards an internally hosted avatar system. It does not support rotating avatars, and animated avatars have been deliberately disabled. But there are other improved features now: the max resolution is expanded to 100x120, and there is no more auto-resize, so you can have an avatar smaller than that scale with it being adjusted automatically.

Also, is it me or have OPINIONS discussions in this thread gotten worse lately? I think people kind of used to somewhat justify their OPINIONS in the past; nowadays, we just post what we think and don't bother trying to argument why we think what we think. The Madoka discussion that was had last week and the P&S discussion of a few pages ago are the perfect examples of what I'm talking about. Maybe we just, like duckroll said, realized that nobody actually reads half of what we post in these threads.

I dunno if it has just gotten worse, or if it's because there are just a lot of new people posting now. I don't feel my posting style has changed much, for better or for worse. I still try to dissect points if there's something I like or dislike about an episode or scene, and there's a lot of angles open for debate and discussion. But I guess people aren't that interested these days? Who knows.

7Th

You know what elevates Aoi Hana above the typical slice-of-life show? I mean, besides the characters being a perfect mix of cute idealizations and believable human beings, of course. The top-notch visual acting. Aoi Hana successfully relied on the visual acting to sell the characters and situations to audience.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anime bloggers delve into the how and why a show is good or not.

They care so we don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom