• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Osaka said:
I started watching IR recently as well, I'm up to episode 8 now.

Question:
Does the insanely dumb drama between the 2 brothers end anytime soon? It's immensely annoying when they just scream empty words at each other and fight for a bit.
Haha, that's actually the biggest problem with IR. The younger brother is a dick for no reason and he's an incurable dick at that.

Joe Molotov

Steroyd said:
Or I post a gif of head turd and run away.

Head-turd.gif

I'm gonna make that my avatar! Oh wai.....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
InfiniteNine said:
That isn't concept work for the anime it's artwork for the VN.
Well they should've made it look more like the VN!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
tiff said:
Is there any chance of that happening in the foreseeable future?
Considering all the technical scientific terms and explanations with no one currently translating it doesn't look like it. It's pretty difficult playing in Japanese so far since I'm unfamiliar with the japanese equivalent of some terms.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
firehawk12 said:
I feel like InfiniteNine has taken over my role of adaptation agitator this season.

Check another one off the list!
Well this episode would have been totally awesome if they kept it at Kurisu's lecture with her dogging Okabe the whole time and maybe introduce Rukako, but instead they tried to jam a whole chapter into one episode and failed at that anyways.

firehawk12 said:
I feel like InfiniteNine has taken over my role of adaptation agitator this season.

Check another one off the list!
This is why you should never read/play anything until they make it into a movie.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
InfiniteNine said:
Well this episode would have been totally awesome if they kept it at Kurisu's lecture with her dogging Okabe the whole time and maybe introduce Rukako, but instead they tried to jam a whole chapter into one episode and failed at that anyways.
Serious question - how much Yuu Kobayashi is in the second episode? :lol

Hellsing321 said:
This is why you should never read/play anything until they make it into a movie.
They're doing it wrong!!!

Geneijin

Edit: Wait, it's not the same thing. Oops.

Edit2: To not waste a post again:

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - 1
Slow introduction with little happening. Didn't like how long it took to set up the accidental kiss scene. They could have easily started the episode while the male protagonist and his little brother were waiting at a bus stop instead of during the train ride, and a beat wouldn't have been missed. The second half wasn't any better, but I did like the tears. Not everyday will you see the harem lead cry about the sanctity of marriage.

eeSQc.gif

Edit3: Also, I find it funny how the little brother is more moe than the girls.

AfHh8.jpg

Cwarrior

firehawk12 said:
Boo, too bad.

might aswell still watch the show, its still very interesting and am sure Yuu Kobayashi charater will get more air time.

not fan of Yuu Kobayashi myself most of the time i hear her voice it reminds me of incest girl from B Gata H Kei :(

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
K-ON!! 22
Some dark part of me is disappointed that they all made it into the same school. It would have been some interesting stuff if they had to break it off and go their separate ways, finding time to play with each other outside of school. Oh well, it's still fun.

Some other part is annoyed that it's an all women's uni. CLEARLY Mugi's master plan, Operation Yuri Goggles has succeeded.

Instro

Geneijin said:
Edit: Wait, it's not the same thing. Oops.

Edit2: To not waste a post again:

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi - 1
Slow introduction with little happening. Didn't like how long it took to set up the accidental kiss scene. They could have easily started the episode while the male protagonist and his little brother were waiting at a bus stop instead of during the train ride, and a beat wouldn't have been missed. The second half wasn't any better, but I did like the tears. Not everyday will you see the harem lead cry about the sanctity of marriage.

http://i.imgur.com/eeSQc.gif[IMG]

Edit3: Also, I find it funny how the little brother is more moe than the girls.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AfHh8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah I watched the first ep earlier, standard harem stuff. The kid brother has a nice hat though and the show has a monkey so thats pretty okay I guess.

Toriko 2 (really 1)

Great episode. It's been a while since I read the first chapter, but everything was awesome. Loved the music. Hope it continues for a while. Of course I don't see that being a problem considering they show it back to back with One Piece.

hellclerk

K-ON!! 23
And here comes the wind-down... I'm surprised they never recorded a demo or anything like that while they were doing their thing. I'm sure the students would have picked up tons of EPs. I've always recorded rough stuff to work off of and to get the ultimate structure of the songs down first, and you really can't succeed as a band on any level these days without a demo to give to venues...

hellclerk

K-ON!! 24
Man, they really hammed that shit up. But... it was understandable, and for certain members of the audience that had better high school experiences than me, it would probably be pretty powerful.

flawfuls

firehawk12 said:
Oh, did that 60s era anime air yet? Is it bound to be the one overlooked show of the season?

Ring ni Kakero or Dororon Enma-kun (although both are 70's)? Enma has it's own thread so it's obviously not overlooked. As for Ring ni Kakero it'll probably be overlooked by GAF, but at least it's probably going to get subbed unlike Hyougemono and Showa. I watched a bit of the first season of Ring ni Kakero and it's really campy but very fun. I'll probably get around to watching this season eventually.

Edit: Oh wait you mean that Showa thing. Yeah it came out, but nobody subbed it. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
jman2050 said:
High school sucked. Anyone who thinks otherwise isn't old enough yet.
It's not being nostalgic about high school, but evoking the emotions you had when you graduated high school at the time.

flawfuls said:
Ring ni Kakero or Dororon Enma-kun (although both are 70's)? Enma has it's own thread so it's obviously not overlooked. As for Ring ni Kakero it'll probably be overlooked by GAF, but at least it's probably going to get subbed unlike Hyougemono and Showa. I watched a bit of the first season of Ring ni Kakero and it's really campy but very fun. I'll probably get around to watching this season eventually.
No... the one that's actually set in the 60s. :lol

Ah, "Showa Monogatari". With all the crap that people "pick up", leaving this one seems like a shame.

zeroshiki

firehawk12 said:

Ah, "Showa Monogatari".

God knows everything (even Rio) gets subbed but it'd be rather pointless to sub a show whose main draw is basically Japan in the 60's-70's or so nostalgia.

tiff said:
Is there any chance of that happening in the foreseeable future?

I was talking more about learning enough Japanese to slog my way through, not the possibility of a fan translation.

firehawk12 said:

Ah, "Showa Monogatari". With all the crap that people "pick up", leaving this one seems like a shame.

Given that the target audience of that show is Japanese seniors and it's heavily banking on nostalgia none of us had, I think it's safe to say it will go overlooked.

flawfuls

That reminds me, what was the name of the older women stories thing someone posted a while ago (I think it was 7th)? That never got translated either. :(

doomed1 said:
K-ON!! 18
Romeo and Juliet arcs are my favorite. Shakespeare's greatest comedy! :D

Hearing "Romeo, oh Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" translated into Japanese was one of the most enjoyable parts of the entirety of K-ON!!, a wholly enjoyable series.

I will eventually bring Azunyan back, I'm just too lazy to make an avatar right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
flawfuls said:
That reminds me, what was the name of the older women stories thing someone posted a while ago (I think it was 7th)? That never got translated either. :(
Oh yeeeeah, did that come out as well?

jman2050

firehawk12 said:
It's not being nostalgic about high school, but evoking the emotions you had when you graduated high school at the time.

Sudden serenity and relief?

Not that working is any better but at least you get reimbursed for that.

hellclerk

K-ON!! 25
Cute, but it sort of feels weird with it right after the big ham they made out of the graduation episode...

Swag

cosmicblizzard said:
Paid for your college and paid you to go to college mean different things.
No I know what he means, I get financial incentives for every grade higher then a B, it's how I stay motivated.

Sebulon3k said:
No I know what he means, I get financial incentives for every grade higher then a B, it's how I stay motivated.

Oh, like an allowance? I don't think he means that. That isn't exactly uncommon (though it gets less common as you get older).

Swag

cosmicblizzard said:
Oh, like an allowance? I don't think he means that.
Wow that's a pretty extreme example then!

On another note, I watched the Sora arc of Yosuga no Sora, was pretty satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom