• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
And now I'm reading people complain about Hanasaku Iroha 'cus it's not realistic enough, or because said scenarios couldn't happen.

This isn't really the writers fault, although it partially is, but this kind of complaint crops up all the over the place and in most circumstances it is completely without merit.

Then they turn around and praise, what, Nana? Because I'm drawing a blank on "realistic" anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dresden said:
C's opening on youtoob for people who didn't want to deal with the official site.

Random image:

kSVNal.jpg
Antler ears moe?

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
Do people have a moe quota to fill?
Yes. points at Regulus' last request

Jexhius said:
And now I'm reading people complain about Hanasaku Iroha 'cus it's not realistic enough, or because said scenarios couldn't happen.

This isn't really the writers fault, although it partially is, but this kind of complaint crops up all the over the place and in most circumstances it is completely without merit.
Let me guess their comparisons are usually from Japanese & Korean dramas, aren't they? I hear most of the complaints from that crowd.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Nonoriri said:
PURE. FRIDGE. BRILLIANCE.

Anyway, yeah, as I don't really identify as otaku myself, I tend to find myself on the side of "FUCK THE NERDS!" when it comes to narrative logic. If the narrative in K-On would go the way the fans find bad for their fragile little egos, I say break those egos, break them like so many eggs on frying pans and turn them into omelets. Because the fans will eat it up anyways.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I don't know. I mean, it's an original effort directed by Nakamura, and it streams for free for me a few hours after it airs. I'm roping my better half to watch it since she deals with economics as well so it might interest her aside from the usual shoujo antics.

Anubis makes me want to backflip though.

Mai-Hime 15

Pure unintentional badassery. Dodging missiles and shit in space while blowing up satellites; not something I expected when I started this. Kind of sucks for all those guys that died, but oh well.

Dresden

Some discussion with the cast of C.

Sounds like the cast all got asked what they'd do with 300 million yen if they were to receive that kind of money, during their auditions. This is clearly Eden of the East all over again!

Battles:
Question: Question for Mr. Uchiyama and Ms. Tomatsu: From the materials I got, I can't visualize the battle sequences. You mentioned that there will be action in the show but what will the battle scenes be like? Will they resemble Yu-Gi-Oh!?

MC: There aren't any action sequences in the first episode. They will have action scenes in the next episode, though. I assume that the cast members here have read the script and have an idea of what to expect. Please give us some comments based on what you will record today.

Uchiyama: Kimimaro, who I play, gives orders to Mashu, which Tomatsu-chan plays. Kimimaro has Mashu launch an attack and fight with an opponent's asset.

MC: In other words, in the Financial District, an “Entrepreneur” has the money, and an “Asset” like Mashu is an incarnation of an “Entrepreneur”. Then, the Entrepreneur spends the money and has the asset launch an attack. Whether you win or lose, you get damaged, and you lose money.

Uchiyama: If you lose, you go bankrupt.

MC: If you lose the game and all of your property, you will be evicted from the Financial District. That's the rule.

Tomatsu: You need money for food.

MC: Yes, you need it to survive.

MC: So you fight and save money, and you will be rich. This cycle repeats itself. Simply put, that is the system.

The only VA that matters in the show:

Sakurai: This is my 4th Nakamura title, I am really looking forward to the world that only Mr. Nakamura can describe and build, and the lines that only he can write. My character, Masakaki, looks suspicious and works as a narrator, like a pilot guiding the ship to the port. But he is unpredictable. We are not sure where he wants to lead us. As the story goes on, I think I will find that he is a quite an eccentric character. I enjoy playing this role during the recording. Moreover, the main theme of this title is “money”. I am also looking forward to seeing how Mr. Nakamura will visualize both the value of and the fear of money during this depression in this noitaminA series.

Branduil

Dresden said:
Some discussion with the cast of C.

Sounds like the cast all got asked what they'd do with 300 million yen if they were to receive that kind of money, during their auditions. This is clearly Eden of the East all over again!

Battles:

The only VA that matters in the show:
Sounds like Monopoly: The Anime, except the part they adapted was at the end when everyone is tired of playing and you just start throwing pieces and money at each other.

Jex

The first round of Sai-Mecha proper should open today, Wednesday. Still you can see all the competitors up here - http://saimecha.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/saimecha-bracket2.jpg

I've already made my choices.

VF-25 Messiah [Evangelion UNIT 01]
Unicorn Gundam [Gunbuster]
[Tachikoma] Mazinger SKL
[Giant Robo] Gurren
[VF-1 Valkyrie] Turn A Gundam
Kshatriya [Evangelion UNIT 02]
Gao Gai Gar [Gouf Custom]
Hyaku Shiki [Sinanju]
Gundam Exia [Big O]
[Zaku II] Master Gundam
Gundam Deathscythe [Zeta Gundam]
[Escaflowne] RahXephon
[YF-19 Excalibur] Mazinger Z
[Scopedog] Alteisen
God Gundam [Gurren Lagann]
ARX-7 [Nirvash]

Articalys

Jexhius said:
The first round of Sai-Mecha proper should open today, Wednesday. Still you can see all the competitors up here - http://saimecha.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/saimecha-bracket2.jpg

[Tachikoma] Mazinger SKL
[Giant Robo] Gurren
Hyaku Shiki [Sinanju]
Gundam Exia [Big O]
[Zaku II] Master Gundam
[Escaflowne] RahXephon
[Scopedog] Alteisen
ARX-7 [Nirvash]
I'm honestly shocked that Gurren Lagann was seeded so low.

EDIT: Aw, hell, so it's not real? Phooey.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
I thought the Sai Mecha was an elaborate joke. :lol
Nothing is more serious business then mecha fandom, don't you know?

Considering I've seen nearly every mech that's in the competition I've clearly seen quite a bit of mecha anime, even though I used to find it boring.
Articalys said:
I'm honestly shocked that Gurren Lagann was seeded so low.

EDIT: Aw, hell, so it's not real? Phooey.
Seed place is not indicative of popularity, it was random.

Of course it's real!

VF-1 vs. Turn A is tearing me up inside. Tough choices man.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finished watching Digimon Adventure Movie 1 - Definitely one of the better 20 minutes I've spent watching a anime, it was a simple plot executed in a really compelling way with some excellent direction, it also kind of felt like it set the tone for hosada directional style, even had his trademark tears animation.

Looking forward to seeing how the second movie compares.

I really have no idea what this show is going to be about.
Dunno i kinda felt the same way when reading info about trapeze and mononoke, it's funny how weird this show sounds, despite looking typical in a sense. (which is the most off-putting part about it).

I still have a lot of hope for this show considering it's kenji nakamura and he hasn't disappointed me yet!

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:

[Tachikoma] Mazinger SKL
[Giant Robo] Gurren
Hyaku Shiki [Sinanju]
Gundam Exia [Big O]
[Zaku II] Master Gundam
[Escaflowne] RahXephon
[Scopedog] Alteisen
ARX-7 [Nirvash]

I can't believe you'd choose a Macross Valkyrie over Mazinger freaking Z.

Geneijin

Jexhius said:
Well they're complaining about J-Dramas as well.
Forgot to include them too. One of their arguments would go like because J-Drama A, B, and C sucks, and Hanasaku Iroha is similar to them, Hanasaku Iroha will suck since J-Drama A, B, and C are typical of average J-Dramas or something. It's really annoying.

facepalm007 said:
Seriously, it's like the Anime is plotting to turn all otaku into shotacons.
It was either that or another imouto like any other harem anime. Dangerous uncharted territory this anime be plotting/seeding.

Jex

zeroshiki said:
I can't believe you'd choose a Macross Valkyrie over Mazinger freaking Z.
I told y'all this would be serious business. It separates the true fans from the casual commenter. Men from boys. Warriors from slaves. Etc.

Rektash

Uhh, watching Maison Ikkoku or playing G-Senjou no Maou, too many options and not enough time :-/. I strongly lean towards the latter though.

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
I told y'all this would be serious business. It separates the true fans from the casual commenter. Men from boys. Warriors from slaves. Etc.

Oh the humanity... You even chose a flippin Gouf over GaoGaiGar. My hot blood will not stand for this.

I propose a duel. You and me, 1 shot from 10 paces. You can choose a second. I'll take umm.. firehawk. Make sure you shoot him first.

Branduil

zeroshiki said:
Oh the humanity... You even chose a flippin Gouf over GaoGaiGar. My hot blood will not stand for this.

I propose a duel. You and me, 1 shot from 10 paces. You can choose a second. I'll take umm.. firehawk. Make sure you shoot him first.
4eq0X.gif

Jex

zeroshiki said:
We're not talking about 'a Gouf' here. This is the MS-07B-3 Custom Gouf piloted by Norris himself in one of the most badass duels in all of Gundam history so you can shove your GaoiGaiGar, politely.

goufb3.jpg

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Forgot to include them too. One of their arguments would go like because J-Drama A, B, and C sucks, and Hanasaku Iroha is similar to them, Hanasaku Iroha will suck since J-Drama A, B, and C are typical of average J-Dramas or something. It's really annoying.
I'd say hanasaku iroha is better than most j-dramas or even k-dramas I've seen since it actually has pretty solid direction!

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
We're not talking about 'a Gouf' here. This is the MS-07B-3 Custom Gouf piloted by Norris himself in one of the most badass duels in all of Gundam history

http://info202.info/hnguyen/goufb3.jpg[IMG].[/QUOTE]

I will end you

[img]http://www.fantasydimensions.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/gaogaigar-picture-3.jpg

duckroll said:

Don't mind me. I had no idea what I was talking about back there.

Branduil

Lafiel said:
I'd say hanasaku iroha is better than most j-dramas or even k-dramas I've seen since it actually has pretty solid direction!
"Shakespeare is a hack, all of his stories are just ripoffs from plays which have been done a million times before!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom