• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geneijin

Jexhius said:
Jintan could totally prove that Menma is a real ghost, rather than just a hallucination. He could do it any time, but he doesn't. This kind of thing annoys a certain part of my brain that picks holes in plots.
They've actually hinted what type of ghost she is in Episode 2 although I'm still hesitant to say she's capable of actions like a poltergeist at the moment. But then they had her pick flowers in Episode 1 so there goes most of my theory's credibility...

Jex

Geneijin said:
They've actually hinted what type of ghost she is in Episode 2 although I'm still hesitant to say she's capable of actions like a poltergeist at the moment. But then they had her pick flowers in Episode 1 so there goes most of my theory's credibility...
Or he could just he for observing and reporting. Like, hey, Menma overheard you arguing with his girl and here's the exact details of what you were discussing.

I was hoping more shows were going to start sucking by now. Instead I'm picking up whole new shows. God dammit. Then again, I would probably have dropped [C] if not for Nakamura's name.

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
It's implied that creepy raper boy is the one who suggested Nokemon to Poppo though.

Certainly it sounds like something a creepy raper boy would remember about the Girl of His Dreams (tm).
Heavily implied.

Geneijin said:

Not to mention she opened a door and knocked over a glass of water, both noticed by her family. So she's definitely capable of physically interacting with the world.

Jexhius said:
I was hoping more shows were going to start sucking by now. Instead I'm picking up whole new shows. God dammit. Then again, I would probably have dropped [C] if not for Nakamura's name.

I don't understand why people wish harm on their own hobbies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hosannainexcelsis said:
Not to mention she opened a door and knocked over a glass of water, both noticed by her family. So she's definitely capable of physically interacting with the world.
I think it's possible that the dramatic irony segments could also be a way to troll the audience. I think I'd be fine if the explanation was that Menma was a mass hallucination anyway.

Also, I just realized that Menma = computer ghost girl from Fractale. :p

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Jexhius said:
This isn't so wholesome though. I mean, ghosts don't need to take a bath:

lesswholesome.jpg

Still, at least it wasn't panty shots like [C].
Didn't Menma point that out when she said it just felt like air blowing at her?

firehawk12 said:
I think it's possible that the dramatic irony segments could also be a way to troll the audience. I think I'd be fine if the explanation was that Menma was a mass hallucination anyway.

I highly doubt the show's going to go in that direction.

Sekaiichi hatsukoi ep 3
The episode really only picked up from a slow dry pace during the last 5-9 minutes when Ritsu Onodera tried to fax Takano, his neighbor, the storyboards and had to come over. I wonder if the business aspects conveyed are reflections of real life. That being said, I wish Onodera would hurry up and get over himself and just give into Takano instead of resisting, or else moments like these will get old when repeated in each episode successively (which we are at 3/3 and it felt really forced in the episode, like they knew the plot was dry and needed something to spice it up)

Now onto toriko

Steroyd

Jexhius said:
Jintan could totally prove that Menma is a real ghost, rather than just a hallucination. He could do it any time, but he doesn't. This kind of thing annoys a certain part of my brain that picks holes in plots.

Not to mention stuff like Poppo conveniently turning away long enough for Jintan to feed Menma and she swallows the jelly just as he turns back around.

Geneijin

Actually, firehawk, a correction is needed. Poppo suggested Nokemon. It's implied, however, Yukiatsu suggested how to get the rare one viva trading.

Sage00 said:
Didn't Menma point that out when she said it just felt like air blowing at her?
Yep.

Steroyd said:
Not to mention stuff like Poppo conveniently turning away long enough for Jintan to feed Menma and she swallows the jelly just as he turns back around.
So moe.

I thought it was meat, not jelly?

AnoHana 2
This was a great episode. I didn't see the Pokemon thing as cheesy at all since I remember hanging with my friends and playing Red and Bule when I was that age. Really hit me personally Since I've since grown apart from that group of friends over the years.

Geneijin

Steroyd said:
I assumed it was jelly because they were talking about Hanaru's jelly when they first came in. Creepy raper dude erased all my focus on the details.
Nope. They never ate jelly at her house. Poppo and Jintan ate leftovers at Jinta's house.

Naruko had a tsundere moment at her house though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hosannainexcelsis said:
I highly doubt the show's going to go in that direction.
Oh, I know, especially in light of many Japanese ghost stories. But it'd be more interesting if it was all a fake out.

Geneijin said:
Actually, firehawk, a correction is needed. Poppo suggested Nokemon. It's implied, however, Yukiatsu suggested how to get the rare one viva trading.
He knows her so well either way!

I thought it was meat, not jelly?
Yep, it was meat. Yum.

Jex

hosannainexcelsis said:
I don't understand why people wish harm on their own hobbies.
I can't watch so many good shows in one season!

Also, when did meat start to look like jelly?

Geneijin

firehawk12 said:
He knows her so well either way!
Well, yeah, but facts man! Doesn't mean credit should be taken away from Poppo.

Actually, now that I think about it, it still isn't implied Yukiatsu knows Menma well. Just that he's a Nokemon master.

Denpa Onna 1

I have entered an alternate dimension where the rules of conversational logic and common sense no longer apply.

I don't get it at all, but I think I like it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Articalys said:
Well, there's no press release I can find yet, but apparently Funimation has licensed the Fairy Tail anime.

edit: Looks like it's just the first 48 episodes for now, with dub, on DVD/BD this year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-adds-fairy-tail-live-action-treasure-hunter

Ah, here's the presser:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pre...he-fantasy-action-adventure-series-fairy-tail
Do you dub an infinitely long shounen with the hope that it gets picked up by Cartoon Network?

firehawk12 said:
Do you dub an infinitely long shounen with the hope that it gets picked up by Cartoon Network?

Yeah, it's kind of weird and probably not the best idea to dub a long show that isn't actually on TV. Hopefully it does get picked up by CN or (less likely) Adult Swim.

e: or Funimation channel obviously.

Articalys

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, it's kind of weird and probably not the best idea to dub a long show that isn't actually on TV. Hopefully it does get picked up by CN or (less likely) Adult Swim.

e: or Funimation channel obviously.
Right now Crunchyroll is doing simulcasting, isn't it?

edit: aaaaand I'm blind apparently.

Articalys said:
Well, there's no press release I can find yet, but apparently Funimation has licensed the Fairy Tail anime.

edit: Looks like it's just the first 48 episodes for now, with dub, on DVD/BD this year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-adds-fairy-tail-live-action-treasure-hunter

Ah, here's the presser:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pre...he-fantasy-action-adventure-series-fairy-tail

Hope he makes a good Natsu (sound like Hikaru from OHSHC), wish they had a preview or something. Anyway this is good news as Ive been dying to finally see it. Hopefully they let whoever voiced Mitsuru senpai in Persona 3 be Erza! JYB for Gray.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
KYOKO WHY U SO TSUNDERE.

Man that was like their first kiss about 3-4 years of kind of sort of not dating.

Dedication Through Light said:
Hope he makes a good Natsu (sound like Hikaru from OHSHC), wish they had a preview or something. Anyway this is good news as Ive been dying to finally see it. Hopefully they let whoever voiced Mitsuru senpai in Persona 3 be Erza! JYB for Gray.

Nah, JYB should be Jellal (or whoever did Sieghart in Rave).

Haly

I don't think Takahashi can write a drama without misunderstandings, that is like her one plot device for every situation.

BEST.

ROMANCE.

EVAR.

trejo

The Fuck Was The Name Of That Flower? 2

Pretty good episode. I never really got into Pokemon so the nostalgia value there is lost on me though I do have fond memories of playing games and shooting the shit at friends' houses as a kid.

Creepy guy was creepy but I guess I'm just desensitized to that sort of thing. Interested to see where it goes from there. Anal-chan is my favorite character so far followed closely by Poppo, who's nickname's funnier to me anyway since it kinda sounds like "poop" in spanish. Menma was less annoying this time, let's hope they keep it that way.

hamchan said:
Anyone else find Fairy Tail kinda dull? I think Rave Master is much better.

I think Rave is more epic in terms of scale, but I think FT is better at utilizing the shounen formula and tropes.

Of course I haven't been super motivated to watch the anime since the Laxus arc and don't know if I will again until the S-class trials. Wasn't crazy about the Edoras arc.

Joule

AnoHana 2: Talk about a pokemon induced nostalgia trip. Good times. The rest of the episode was pretty good too. It's nice to see old friends just getting back to the groove they used to have nearly instantly with Poppo and Anaru. Creepy dress sniffing wasn't as creepy as this thread made it seem.

Haly

Is it pico time now?

Maison Ikkoku: Akemi's awesomeness just increase ten thousandfold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom