• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Wazzim said:
Can someone recommend me a good anime from the list in the OP? Just finished Darker than Black and would like something similar or else something moe to cheer me up.
You'll loved the DTB sequel, it's both similar and moe!

Joule

After finishing Giant Robo, I looked into the Ginrei OVA to finish off the last of any GR anime. It was pretty good actually. Some Alberto fanservice along with some obvious Ginrei fanservice. Episode 2 in particular was hilarious because it was just the cast getting drunk in one part while having Daisaku join the BF group in another. Best part had to be the Qi Pao recognition system for the Ginrei Robo.

A shame there is no more GR to watch.

Blue Exorcist 2: Yeah this is pretty good stuff. The visuals were quite spot on with the mushrooms rotting the inside of the church. Seems like they'll be a good action show for the season. Next episode, Rin goes to school. Always with the schools.

Hidan no Aria 2: After talking about JC Staff last night, this just cements some of my thoughts on them. Bleh. It's just tedious episode with little of interest. I wonder if the novel this is adapting has anything of note because this sure ain't showing me any.

Astarotte's Toy 3: It's amazing the difference from the above show featuring Rie and this one. In Aria she's terribly annoying, here it's a little endearing. Some more cute things happen as Asuha goes to school with Rotte. Not too much else of note other than the zoo animal some of Asuha's school friends think is a human attacks them in a fit of hunger.

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san 3: I am dreadfully amused by this show. The crude humor does it for me. Also Rina Satou's VA in this is amusing. I also checked out the first episode of the OVA. Hah figures that these demons are actually quite monstrous but Akutabe sets up a barrier to make them these cute little things.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Geneijin said:
Nope. Unless you have a seiyuu fetish, there's a lack of moe here and I'd be hard pressed to call certain moments moe. It'll be a drama on how to rebuild/improve the team as Minami draws inspiration from the Drucker's Management book to deal with various problems because she sees the essence of its practicality in other facets of life when reading it unlike everyone else except Yuki who either laughs or ridicules the absurdity of it.

It's a reference to something that happened in Episode 1.

Well, on both points, I guess I'll have to watch it and see how it goes. Now it sounds like it's info-dump with 10 minute lectures on Drucker.

It's the Atlas Shrugged of anime!

Branduil

DTB 2 is a serious show about the negativepositive effects of excessive alcohol consumption.

11vptt1.gif

In all seriousness, these are the only two minutes worth watching from the entire 12-episode run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCPsdqGw81Q

Jex

Wazzim said:
I see. It's terrible isn't it?
You seem to be sharper than the average coconut.

Also, that .gif actually makes the show look far more hilarious then it actually is. Sadly.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
You seem to be sharper than the average coconut.

Also, that .gif actually makes the show look far more hilarious then it actually is. Sadly.
The problem with the show was that there were far too few scenes of Hei abusing women. Or men. Or animals.

Abusing alcohol doesn't have the same effect, it just causes him to dress up like a stylish hobo.

flawfuls said:
Yu Yu Hakusho

I have gotten to the Dark tournament and this is one of the most straightforward shounen I've ever seen. Usually there is some aspect of adventure or something, but after the first set of episodes it's pretty much all fights. Not that there is anything necessarily wrong with that, the fights are pretty decent and I think it being so straightforward makes it easier to plow through. Also it practically feels like Kuwabara is the main character at this point. He has been getting more dialogue and screen time than Yusuke.

That changes pretty quickly (though he's still prominent throughout the tournament).

flawfuls said:
Yu Yu Hakusho

I have gotten to the Dark tournament and this is one of the most straightforward shounen I've ever seen. Usually there is some aspect of adventure or something, but after the first set of episodes it's pretty much all fights. Not that there is anything necessarily wrong with that, the fights are pretty decent and I think it being so straightforward makes it easier to plow through. Also it practically feels like Kuwabara is the main character at this point. He has been getting more dialogue and screen time than Yusuke.

Well, Kuwabara is the star of the show. No one can deny that.

The Dark Tournament is pretty straight forward (at least, on the surface), but the later arcs shake things up a lot more (especially the final arc of the series).

Geneijin

Ah, Class 5-2 nostalgia. AnoHana chose damn well.

firehawk12 said:
Well, on both points, I guess I'll have to watch it and see how it goes. Now it sounds like it's info-dump with 10 minute lectures on Drucker.

It's the Atlas Shrugged of anime!
I blame myself more than anything, but I can guaranteed you it isn't an info-dump.

A struggling baseball team, an almost unwilling friend replacing the ailing manager and friend, how she learns to become a manager through the book, and her friendship between her and Yuki. There's just a nice balance of everything in Episode 1 where the baseball feels more like a backdrop to what's the story is really about. Judging by that one episode anyway.

Good thing there's another episode tomorrow.

Jex

Branduil said:
The problem with the show was that there were far too few scenes of Hei abusing women. Or men. Or animals.
We just don't see enough characters smacking other characters around in this day and age. I mean, it used to be all the rage in Gundam, Ideon, Oniisama e... and the like, but now we can only get it in dreck like DTB2? Unacceptable.

Branduil

Jexhius said:
We just don't see enough characters smacking other characters around in this day and age. I mean, it used to be all the rage in Gundam, Ideon, Oniisama e... and the like, but now we can only get it in dreck like DTB2? Unacceptable.
Fortunately there's been a considerable amount of physical abuse in Hanasaku so far, we can only hope it continues.

Jexhius said:
There are plenty shows with tsundere's abusing useless male leads.

Branduil

Hellsing321 said:
That's not really serious violence though.

I guess you should watch Higurashi if you really want to see characters committing horrible acts of violence against people who trust them.

Jex

Hellsing321 said:
That just isn't the same thing it all. There's no weight to such actions. They are light.

Ohana Granny slap is a good example. That's a heavy action. Anyway -

The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar 7

The bad guy is a bullet train. Cool.

MCD

Oga Tatsumi from Beelzebub is another badass to watch out for.

Shame anime is stuck in en endless filler loop.

Articalys

Huh, I just realized that Miyu Irino is pulling double duty as the male leads for both Denpa Onna and Ano Hana. Guess I'll have to listen next week to see if they sound similar at all.

trejo

Azazel-san 03

Now this some actually funny stuff! I decided to drop Hen Zemi because it was just gross instead of funny and quirky like the ovas but this one, on the other hand, has stayed pretty funny throughout.

This episode also features Yuu Kobayashi making some fish sounds.

shintoki said:
Deadman Wonderland 02, my god this is awesome. It's like Running Man the anime. It tries so hard :D

If Upandaway from the manga thread is to be believed, everything makes perfect sense eventually and it gets even more awesome.

Of course with the changes being made, who knows how this adaptation will turn out.

MCD

Up to episode 11 in Bakuman and I really need to vent on how awful the women are in this anime.

Bitch please don't distract me from writing dem MANGOS.

Seriously, once they switch from manga world to romance it turns to shit.

Kettch

The World God Only Knows

Haqua, fire trucks and ongoing plot elements! The show is really hitting its stride now, great to see.

It also has twists apparently.

upandaway said:
Deadman Wonderland

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

oooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

yupee, TWISTS, boy gosh dang boy do I gosh darn love the fuck out of them!

i literally raised my hands in the air in sheer amazement

that hit me

that really got me

WHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

whoa.

yes i mean the shiro thing, YES I MEAN THE SHIRO THING

YES. THAT THING WITH SHIRO. YOU KNOW.

I FUCKING LOVE TWISTS FUCK

what is going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn with this seriesssssssssssssssssssss

trejo

Dawg Dayz 4

I only watched this because of the mention of ninja dog girls and, I'm not gonna lie, they're pretty awesome. I just might keep watching because of them.

One thing I don't like though is how green dog girl keeps bitching at him for not knowing the rules of the world. Explain it then, you imbecile, of course he doesn't!

Halycon said:
Deadman wonderland never makes sense. Ever.
What you talking about? It's Running Man in animu form. It makes about as much sense as it needs to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom