• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellsing321 said:
Yandere doesn't just mean they are violent and (often) homicidal. They're obsessive and controlling over the person they love.

The only Yandere that matters.

Yuno.jpg

firehawk12 said:
Actually, I think IS is the first show that I've seen with yanderes who were funny. Although I guess they aren't "real" yanderes.
Yandere? I don't really think they're crazy enough to be yandere... who do you mean?

Articalys

Wait, is all of the AnoHana stuff just speculation based on the first two episodes and short preview for the third, or is there some supplemental material I'm missing?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Articalys said:
Wait, is all of the AnoHana stuff just speculation based on the first two episodes and short preview for the third, or is there some supplemental material I'm missing?
Yep, it's all speculah.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dresden said:
Yandere or tsundere, they're all lame... it's all about kuudere girls. Those cold, dead eyes. <3
rei076.jpg

What have I done.

Dresden

A waifu is no waifu unless they can be reduced down to a single word.

I just want a girl who can watch me drown without a care in the world~

Articalys

Unfortunately I will interrupt this discussion of how to not objectify anime women with ISML results.

Nothing interesting happened. Kanade had the highest vote total again. Well, that was easy.

Oh, right, the bonus old-school match was Botan (YYH) vs. Ren Nakora (DearS). Ren wins 2458-1923.

Branduil said:
The best women can't be described with simple _____dere adjectives.
But that's the beauty (or pointlessness) of the ____dere's, almost everyone falls into one or another of those categories...

You have some good examples there, but we all know that very few animes have characters anywhere near that quality. And I'm sure that if you try someone could (and has) find a way to shove them into one or another of those categories, whether or not it really works.

firehawk12 said:
Mostly China girl. She swaps between yandere and tsundere.
I never thought of her as being yandere crazy, though... isn't she more just generic harem member jealous? I don't know if that makes them yanderes, unless you mean that you think of that as a common trait in the genre.

Branduil

InfiniteNine said:
Sawako needs her own show. ;___; She doesn't need to be around all those other retards.
[IM]http://i.imgur.com/jCH7o.jpg[/IMG]
What's the point of a show with only the audience surrogate?

zeroshiki

Articalys said:
Unfortunately I will interrupt this discussion of how to not objectify anime women with ISML results.

Nothing interesting happened. Kanade had the highest vote total again. Well, that was easy.

Oh, right, the bonus old-school match was Botan (YYH) vs. Ren Nakora (DearS). Ren wins 2458-1923.

Wow. Main female of a classic series from a popular mangaka vs forgettable harem show magical drop-in girlfriend. Guess who won?!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A Black Falcon said:
I never thought of her as being yandere crazy, though... isn't she more just generic harem member jealous? I don't know if that makes them yanderes, unless you mean that you think of that as a common trait in the genre.
She basically tries to kill Ichika three or four times... and she gets the dead-eyes!

Branduil said:
What's the point of a show with only the audience surrogate?
Sawako is the retard in the context of her own peers though.

Branduil

Hitokage said:
Now you're talking crazy. Obviously the way to perfection is further distillation of personalities.
I like how Evangelion tried to criticize female anime archetypes by taking them to their extremes, only for it to backfire and increase their popularity and cookie-cutter nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom