• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Deadman 1 & 2. Awesome. Really, just awesome. What a cool show. Hopefully it keeps the pace. Kana Hanazawa makes everything awesome, really. So adorable. Awesome OP as well.

Speaking of awesome OPs, [C] 1 & 2 were fucking great. I'm not huge on the random CG characters, but eh. Interesting concept and I want to see more.

Black Republican said:
so whats peoples opinions on the best anime so far this season?

Of the shows I've seen so far, I have to say that it is pretty close between Hanasaku Iroha, X-Men, and Dororon Enma-kun Meramera. It's tough to pick between those right now since they're all so different from each other.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
This season has lots of decent shows, I wish there were something genuinely interesting but this is fine too.

currently finishing up on the bible black anime, 1st time i've ever seen the whole thing, not really into the santanic/devil stuff in films etc but damn this shit is kinda good.

Just finished up the main stories now im on the bible black only short stories.

mAcOdIn

Nonoriri said:
This season has lots of decent shows, I wish there were something genuinely interesting but this is fine too.
Yeah, there's nothing I outright love but theres' lots of decent so that's alright.

Uchip

Banned
RoboGeorgeForeman said:
I haven't made it too far in, but is Boogiepop Phantom really worth watching? I finished about an episode and a half, and was kind of bored (btw, I'm not really into mindfuck anime).

then no
probably not

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think the IRC has actually succeeded in siphoning out the madness that usually drives these threads.

Finally finished TTGL, looks like suggestions and earlier listings were right on the money, it was fantastic, and everything I loved (explosions, huge blasts, over the top plot, determination and sheer will power)! Ep 21-22 were my favorite, Simon and Viral team up. The ENG VA of having tons of charcaters I recognize (Ichigo, Kiba, Shizune, Neji, Baki, Hinata, Laharl, and Rukia...I started to lose track) was only icing on the cake. Simon is definitely in the upper echelon of my favorite characters.

"We kick logic out and make the impossible possible"

Apologies for that brief comment on an old series but it was good...Now that thats done, will get on to Sekaiichi Hatsukoi ep 4, C ep 2, and Blue Exorcist/Toriko later on today (2 am now, watched over 10 ep)

trejo

zeroshiki said:
You guys are gonna have to come back here on weekdays. I can't get on IRC from work.
The hentai talk is at full force right now so I don't think anyone's coming back anytime soon.

Articalys

Dedication Through Light said:
Finally finished TTGL, looks like suggestions and earlier listings were right on the money, it was fantastic, and everything I loved (explosions, huge blasts, over the top plot, determination and sheer will power)! Ep 21-22 were my favorite, Simon and Viral team up. The ENG VA of having tons of charcaters I recognize (Ichigo, Kiba, Shizune, Neji, Baki, Hinata, Laharl, and Rukia...I started to lose track) was only icing on the cake. Simon is definitely in the upper echelon of my favorite characters.

"We kick logic out and make the impossible possible"

Apologies for that brief comment on an old series but it was good...Now that thats done, will get on to Sekaiichi Hatsukoi ep 4, C ep 2, and Blue Exorcist/Toriko later on today (2 am now, watched over 10 ep)
This reminds me, I still haven't seen Gurren-Hen or Lagann-Hen, and without an R1 release I probably never will.

firehawk12 said:
Hah, I suppose it's low commitment shounen after all.
Yeah, pretty much, low commitment shonen mixed with harem stuff.

mAcOdIn said:
You tryin' to sell me on Dog Days?
I don't know, does that description there actually make you want to watch it?

If that person wasn't from Japan, sure.
You're just lucky that I don't want to take the time to actually try to find some lists to show if Japan actually does have good tastes sometimes... :)

Well you act like my memory's shit, what about your memory?
My memory's pretty good for things about history and videogames (and videogame history, I like lists), not so great for some other things. Anime's probably somewhere in the middle, I remember some things and not others.

Seems so.
Yeah, and it's a fine direction to take.

You do like Ghibli movies, yes?

Black Republican said:
so whats peoples opinions on the best anime so far this season?
It only kind of counts (it started last season), but I still like .hack//Quantum (3 episode ova series) best so far this year.

Infinite Justice said:
Yea it was justified imo since that was the point where you said the character is that crazy and it also played into how over the top the whole series is. (plus they want to adapt the manga more accurately :p).
Adapting the manga more accurately is often good, but clearly not always...

Wasn't really comparing actual ones though (since honestly no one would act like that), just this particular group in the world of Hellsing. I really think you should watch the rest though since there is even more crazy stuff than some silly war speech lol
Supposedly London gets destroyed or something?

Honestly i don't really care as much about that as long as i'm entertained so :p.

Its always interesting seeing how those things can affect other people though (like your post of not liking Black lagoon because the main group are mostly evil).
Yeah, as I said, you can, rarely, do morally ambiguous main characters well (like Noir), but flat out evil ones like the Black Lagoon people, I don't like it. I want main characters who you can at least in some way see as decent people, I don't play as evil in games where you have a choice for instance. Black Lagoon was too bleak and depressing with nothing at all to make up for that and make me want to like it. I know it's popular, but no, I don't like it.

Uchip said:
you clearly dont watch much anime
I don't watch as much as some people, but I watch a decent amount... I thought that was worse than, say, any scene in IS...

Lain

Black Republican said:
currently finishing up on the bible black anime, 1st time i've ever seen the whole thing, not really into the santanic/devil stuff in films etc but damn this shit is kinda good.

Just finished up the main stories now im on the bible black only short stories.
You should check out Himekishi Lilia after you're done with that.

Also I hate you guys for talking about hentai on IRC and not here where I can join in on the fun :(

zeroshiki

Lain said:
You should check out Himekishi Lilia after you're done with that.

Also I hate you guys for talking about hentai on IRC and not here where I can join in on the fun :(

Just come join in. Although its about Gonzo now though. It was about wine 5 minutes ago.

Lain

Jerk said:
Why would you suggest that awful thing?
Because it is a heartwarming story about
how an asshole douchebags ends up with nothing while the poor raped princess ends up with her sanity back and ready to fight evil once again with her 4 valorous knights!
I really like Lilia, I don't consider it awful at all, well, not counting all the atrocities she has to endure, poor Lilia-sama.

Geneijin

Einbroch said:
I scroll this thread for the pictures and you guys have been letting me down as of late.

Long time lurker, first time poster.
It's been threatened with shounen bats several times. It'll never come close to what it was like before, not to mention the lack of certain posters.

Izayoi

Banned
Denpa Onna 1, 2, & 3. Kyoko resurrected in Ami's future, forever alone self. ;_; Good to see Shaft putting at least a little bit of that Madoka money to work, the show is gorgeous. Hilarious protagonist, stupid censoring. So much head-tilt, so little time. Also amazing OP and ED.

Hm... that was just a stream of consciousness, wasn't it? Oh well.

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
I don't know, does that description there actually make you want to watch it?
Nope.
A Black Falcon said:
You're just lucky that I don't want to take the time to actually try to find some lists to show if Japan actually does have good tastes sometimes... :)
I figure if you could read a real Japanese list it'd only prove my point!
A Black Falcon said:
You do like Ghibli movies, yes?
The one's I have seen, can't say I've seen enough to say I like all their movies.

trejo

Izayoi said:
Denpa Onna 1, 2, & 3. Kyoko resurrected in Ami's future, forever alone self. ;_; Good to see Shaft putting at least a little bit of that Madoka money to work, the show is gorgeous. Hilarious protagonist, stupid censoring. So much head-tilt, so little time. Also amazing OP and ED.

Hm... that was just a stream of consciousness, wasn't it? Oh well.
What? How did you come to that conclusion?

Izayoi

Banned
trejo said:
What? How did you come to that conclusion?
I don't know, really. Maybe I'm just a sucker for weird SHAFT openings, but the intentionally bad singing and nonsensical visuals were great, I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom