• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

flawfuls said:
Wait Mai Mai Miracle or Princess Arete? I've already suffered through the horrid Mai Mai Miracle subs.

Was talking about Mai Mai Miracle, sorry. Still hoping that it gets some decent subs someday.

thetechkid said:
2) Any news on the movie getting dubbed?

It is getting dubbed, but Bosch will be the only returning VA for it. Funi said last year that they plan to release the movie this year, but nothing has been said since.

trejo

firehawk12 said:
It's a whole new war economy. Mercenaries fighting for corporations, not nations.

Is that how that went? I can't remember. :p
No, that's war has changed.

Snake's obviously never played Fallout.

Kaiji S2 4

The counterattack begins! This arc is gonna have to end next week if there's any hope of finishing part 2, so prepare for a total beatdown.

kiryogi

Banned
So I have to ask... does anyone find anohana cliche @ all? I can't say I've seen this premise often, or at all... Or at least in anime. A friend of mine said it was cliched with a convinent setup. I'm finding this hard to swallow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Your friend's problem might be that AnoHana doesn't "feel" original. It's one of those things where you go "oh that's a cliche", until you realize you can't remember exactly where else you've seen it.

Ikkitousen 7

Jeez, Kanu is badass. More characters, enemies or otherwise, need to be perfectly fine with significantly fucking up their body just to get a hit in (and I don't mean those cliche "cast from HP" attacks).

Blue Exorcist 1-2

Finally could start it, glad that I did because it was fun and an emotional ride, my creys. The ending song is my favorite of all the series this season. Opening with UVERworld was nice and great animation quality. Rin is a cool character.

thetechkid

Blader5489 said:
It is getting dubbed, but Bosch will be the only returning VA for it. Funi said last year that they plan to release the movie this year, but nothing has been said since.

Did something happen or is everyone else on other projects or something?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
30-sai Hoken Taiiku 4
Still bringing the funny, and I knew this was probably going to happen going in, but I felt like the girl having her own goddesses was kind of silly. Also, the girl being that freaked out and flakey I feel is unlikely to be a girl that people would typically encounter, so on the whole, while the gentlemanly advice is kinda no-brainer stuff, it kind of feels like two idiots with the same playbooks guiding two idiots separately.

It's still funny and enjoyable though, and fatty's creepiness was rather classy I thought.

thetechkid said:

Given how long it's been since Trigun's dub, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the people who worked on the original dub aren't voice acting anymore.

Blader

thetechkid said:

Funi couldn't/wouldn't pay for their living and travel expenses (Funi is in Texas, Jeff Nimoy and Meryl's VA live in California) and the two would have ended up spending more than they'd be making to go out there.

Milly's VA hasn't done any anime work in years.

mAcOdIn

faridmon said:
Ep1. of Maria + Holic:

WTF have they done to this Anime? It was great and now, WTF is this shit?
WTF? It's not really any different than last season? The only real big change, if one can call it that, is Mariya and Matsurika no longer verbally abusing each other, now they just both abuse Kanako but that change came in season one. Unless you're basing the series's worth in how much flash is in the OP, then it's a downgrade.
A Black Falcon said:
Shocking, truly shocking. So will we have nothing to talk about this season?
Well I was thinking instead of me sinking to your level that maybe you could rise to mine, maybe watch some Iroha and Denpa or something. I guess we'll always have AnoHana :) <3
A Black Falcon said:
Maybe, maybe not, who knows. Ask someone who could find such lists much more easily than I could. :)
Argh, I can't keep it up, of course someone, somewhere in Japan has good taste.
A Black Falcon said:
I haven't seen anywhere near all of Miyazaki's movies either, but I have liked all of the ones I've seen, and really liked the better ones (Princess Mononoke, etc.).
I liked Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, they're the only two I've seen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
S2 of Maria+Holic is exactly like the back end of the first season of the show. It's all filler, and it treads a weird line between being not funny and being completely boring. The latest "fat" episode was particularly rote, and the absence of any new characters to drive content that might actually be meaningful has created a strange lull in the arc of the series where time seems to be frozen.

Nichijou 5

The opening segment was puzzling, but after that this episode was so awesome! Beautiful and hilarious animation in practically every segment after that.

Favorite moment:
ZYDdn.jpg

trejo

Dance In My Blood said:
S2 of Maria+Holic is exactly like the back end of the first season of the show. It's all filler, and it treads a weird line between being not funny and being completely boring. The latest "fat" episode was particularly rote, and the absence of any new characters to drive content that might actually be meaningful has created a strange lull in the arc of the series where time seems to be frozen.
God is still awesome.
InfiniteNine said:
Team AnoHana reigns supreme!
How brave of you to wear your shame like that.

mAcOdIn

Dance In My Blood said:
That's true.
trejo said:
God is still awesome.
And Ryuken!
InfiniteNine said:
Team AnoHana reigns supreme!
In my best Ritsu impersonation "Yay!"

mAcOdIn

InfiniteNine said:
And Mariya! (Matsurika by proxy.)
True, Mariya is cool but truth be told I'm not a fan of Matsurika.
Hitokage said:
Spirited Away is senile Miyazaki. Get to work on his earlier stuff!
I know, I know.

It's just hard, once I watch the classics they'll never be on my backlog again, I can never go back to having them to look forward to. :(

Cloudy

Banned
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko 3 was really wacky and good.

3 great shows for me so far this season:

Hanasaku Iroha, AnoHana and this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom