• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lain said:
Evangelion could have been good, if only Shinji was less whiny and Asuka less of a bitch.
At least they fixed it for the movies!
Shinji wasn't that whiny and Asuka wasn't that much of a bitch.

Rebuild is different, but not better, because it hasn't ended yet. There's still time for it to be a complete disaster.

Jex

Dance In My Blood said:
I just meant the opening fight where she comes in. I have to rewatch 2.22 some time, but I preferred the isolation of her character being shown up front. The original series tried to make the isolation of characters this hidden overarching theme that you just didn't notice the whole time in like the last few episodes and it was kind of just craziness.
Basically anything that might have been subtle in the show is brought to the forefront in the movies. I can understand that some people might like that.

Lain

Jexhius said:
You mean it could have been boring. And that's what they did, pandered to the boring crowd!
Gotta always pander to someone, at least it wasn't the over angsty crowd, like they did with original show!
This implies Rei was good to begin with!
She was better than some other characters. I mean Rei > Asuka!
Who needs a tsundere girl when you can have your walking corpse?

Izayoi said:
So you're saying it's a poorly animated, but good, show?
There are the ocasional well animated scenes when Gainax still had money left in the budget but the animation in the TV series is nothing to write home about.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Hellsing321 said:
There are the ocasional well animated scenes when Gainax still had money left in the budget but the animation in the TV series is nothing to write home about.

The mechanical animation in Eva is great.

Jex

Lain said:
Gotta always pander to someone, at least it wasn't the over angsty crowd, like they did with original show!
I don't know if the original show pandered to angsty crowd or if everyone writing the show was a bit nuts. No-one would deliberately come up those characters now because they shouldn't have any appeal.

Jex

Hellsing321 said:
Bu bu bu mecha animation!

trejo

Lain said:
She was better than some other characters. I mean Rei > Asuka!
Who needs a tsundere girl when you can have your walking corpse?
Misato trumps them both.

People with discerning tastes know this.

Articalys

How convenient there is now NGE discussion; it's next up on my Netflix queue and vol. 1 should arrive by Friday.

Just to be sure, the ideal order was 1-20, director's cut 21-24, 25, 26, EoE, 1.11, 2.22, then the long wait for 3.0, right?

trejo said:
Pretty much everything is better than K-on so no surprises here.

Keep hating, haters! I can hold your hate back with a single arm!

pinwheel.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Articalys said:
How convenient there is now NGE discussion; it's next up on my Netflix queue and vol. 1 should arrive by Friday.

Just to be sure, the ideal order was 1-20, director's cut 21-24, 25, 26, EoE, 1.11, 2.22, then the long wait for 3.0, right?
Yes. You could be holding the exact same discs I just did!

Risette

A Good Citizen
Jexhius said:
Rebuild occasionally has some sweet mecha animation, but I guess that's mainly at the end of the first movie and then during the second...
Yeah, but most of the time when the sweet mech animation comes up, it was like they went over the movie and were like "this is too cool for Rebuild, let's coat it in out of place looking CG and blur" or something like that.

Steroyd

Vampire Princess Miyu - 11

I'm not sure if being reborn with a new face then proceed to shag your old girlfriend
counts as "starting a new life" but at least he has a second chance at life right... RIGHT!?

<----- Everytime I post about Miyu it will always be accompanied by my avatar. *stares into the sky*.

trejo

Steroyd said:
Vampire Princess Miyu - 11
When I was watching this one I was wondering if it would actually have a
happy ending
. But sure enough, this being Miyu, it did not disappoint.

Prince of Tennis 20

Disappointing end to the tournament. After the hadouken shot, I was expecting something a bit more epic. I guess it was alright tactics-wise, but Ryoma was dumb to not use it from the beginning, especially with that time limit.

zeroshiki

A friend of mine tried to explain PoT away once by saying that you should think of Ryoma as the most evil antagonist ever and everyone else as the heroes that just can't catch a break.

It makes much more sense that way.

trejo

Oreimo 15

This show was sooo fucking dumb. And creepy as hell, too, no matter which way you slice it. Dude clearly wants to smang his sister. No two ways about it.

Kuroneko started off somewhat salvageable but at the end turned into yet another shitty haremette. Yaoi fangirl and Sour Vags were the only things left this show had going for it so of course they show up hardly at all.

At least now I am free of this but at the same time, I did end up watching it in it's entirety so I guess I lose in the end.

mAcOdIn

Miri said:
Ah! that reminds me; what was the general consensus on the adaptation of Valkyria Chronicles? I've been playing the game here and there, and it's gotten me interested in watching.
As someone who loved the game but realized that even within the game the story was walking that line of absurd/plausible pretty drunkenly I thought the anime just really went too far to the absurd side. I think it sucked ass.
cosmicblizzard said:
So anyway...

Dog Days 9

Calling it now, this is gonna have a massive downer ending with many named characters dead and Cinque never returning to his world.
Calling it now, super happy ending. The Cat Princess will refuse to explain her motives and fight the other Princess out of stubbornness, Cinque will finally climb his way up(couldn't Eclair or whatnot just launch them up like in the fight with the cat Princess, whatever), interrupt them and more or less explain everything for the cat Princess ending their fight, their weapons will take their true forms and maybe impart some wisdom since they're alive, they'll hold the line until their allies, someone will make a rousing speech over how when this battle is over it won't be celebrated as one country winning over the other but as the first time both countries fought together against a common enemy and won and everyone will get pumped up and then it'll launch into a Bleach-like action montage with everyone chipping in against the end boss eyeball thing.
trejo said:
Are you comparing me to a kugiloli? Sir, you insult me. MacOdIn I am not.
This MacOdIn fellow is an imposter, I'm mAcOdIn, notice the difference? Anyways, everyone knows I'm Omigawa.

trejo

Unknown Soldier said:
Well, you are pretty tsun-tsun most of the time... :3
I-I've no idea what you're talking about! Just so you know, it's not like I do it to entertain you or anything.

...baka.

Have we discussed the AMAZING news that the whole MAR anime is on netflix streaming?

Love the manga and can't wait to watch it starting tonight? You'll join me won't you gaf?

MAR_volume_1.png

Admit it, Dorthy is the best!

Lain

Having finished re-watching Eureka seveN, I'm still amazed by how good the whole series is. Even knowing how everything is going to turn out, it still grips me. I... can... fly! is still as awesome now as it was back then. The only difference is that once the new Nirvash takes off, it looks so silly that the whole magic is disrupted.
Yet, there are some really annoying things, like episode 39, which sucks not because it is about soccer or it feels pointless, but because it's so shitty animation wise. Same for the third opening, bones should have just done a new one because it sucks.
I had to wait many years for this to finally come out here, and spent almost 200&#8364; to buy the 4 box-sets, but it was totally worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom