• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
trejo said:
Things are too lovey dovey in here. We need more conflict and more shitting on shows someone else likes. That's what keeps this thread going and don't any of you deny it.

Also, those Blade designs suck.

I shit on all your shitty shows! Anoirohanahawhatever! you all suck!

Jex

GTP_Daverytimes said:
Steins Gate 9

This is easily the best anime i have seen in a while, the development is superb. It keeps me coming back for more, i just cant get enough. Please tell me you guys are watching this show. AMAZING, SIMPLY AMAZING.
I think the story and characters are good, but the production/direction/pacing is terrible in places.

tiff

Banned
I'm not a fan of your favorite show but I respect your opinion and I'm sure the show has some qualities that make it good to you even if they don't appeal to me.

Dresden

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-31/tezuka-buddha-miike-nintama-films-to-play-in-nyc

The New York Asian Film Festival announced that the July 1-14 event will host the North American premiere of Buddha, Kozo Morishita's animated film based on Osamu Tezuka's manga of the same name. Tezuka Osamu no Buddha -Akai Sabaku yo! Utsukushiku- is the first in a trilogy which follows the life and development of Gautama Buddha, founder of the Buddhist religion.

I am so jelly.

trejo

jman2050 said:
So after watching an episode of K-On!! just to make sure of it, I can safely still say that it sucks.
I could have told you that beforehand and saved you all that aural punishment.

Pachael said:
Quite, if game sales and sports results are anything to go by.
Luckily we have the next best thing. Blu-ray sales!
Code:
DVD
*5, 9,574 9,574 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.2 Limited Edition DVD ver.
*9, 7,762 7,762 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.2 DVD ver.
12, 6,697 6,697 Hetalia World Series vol.6 Limited Edition
15, 6,123 6,123 Kuroshitsuji II vol.9 Limited Edition
25, 4,029 4,029 Toaru Majutsu no Index II vol.4 Limited Edition DVD ver.
26, 4,010 4,010 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.6 Limited Edition DVD ver.
27, 3,757 3,757 Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory DVD Box G-Selection

Blu-ray
*1, 54,000 54,000 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica vol.2 Limited Edition
*2, 23,000 23,000 IS: Infinite Stratos vol.2
*3, 16,000 16,000 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai vol.6 Limited Edition
*4, 15,000 15,000 Tiger & Bunny vol.1 Limited Edition
*5, 11,000 11,000 Toaru Majutsu no Index II vol.4 Limited Edition
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=298981

Lain said:
While shows like Azumanga never get any discussion going.
Another proof that K-ON! > Azumanga. All hail our Yui/Ritsu overlords!
Its hard to have a discussion when everyone agrees a show is a masterpiece.

Jex

Hellsing321 said:
Its hard to have a discussion when everyone agrees a show is a masterpiece.
It's hard to have a discussion where everyone's opinions are set in stone!

Oh wait, that's the case for most things.

jman2050

Lain said:
While shows like Azumanga never get any discussion going.
Another proof that K-ON! > Azumanga. All hail our Yui/Ritsu overlords!

No one needs to talk about how awesome Azumanga is. It's self-evident.

Oreimo 15

Jesus Kousuke, no need to get all emotional over your bitch sister.

Also, Akagi's statement about his sister breathing heavily whenever he comes home in his uniform just reaffirms my stance that the show would be much better if it starred them.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oniisama e - Final

Nanako's tears finally stop.

Aoi Bungaku 1

Good start, although I could have done without the way they handled that montage.

zeroshiki

Jexhius said:
Give it a few episodes!

Hitokage said:
Exposure to Strike Witches didn't make me want to end it all. I'm just not inclined!

:lol Not in the sense that its bad! (then again, Madhouse?)

Supposedly Ningen Shikkaku is considered a suicide manual with how depressing it is and how its conclusion is basically that life is meaningless we should just end it all. The author hanged himself the week after the last chapter came out!

zeroshiki

Izayoi said:
I can agree with that.

I've only ever watched the first five episodes.

Love it or hate it, Eva is one of those things all animufans should watch/be aware of.

Dance In My Blood said:
You didn't even get to see it turn bad good.

Fixed. Asuka Strikes is Episode 8.

IS continues to sell well! Japan knows a good show when they see it indeed... here's hoping volumes 3 and 4 have the best sales. :)

Also, looking forward to S2.

Jex

Izayoi said:
I can agree with that.

I've only ever watched the first five episodes.
smh1ba5t.gif

Izayoi

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
You didn't even get to see it turn bad.
zeroshiki said:
Love it or hate it, Eva is one of those things all animufans should watch/be aware of.
Jexhius said:
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/CMJex/smh1ba5t.gif[IMG][/quote]
[QUOTE=trejo]Pfft, you saw nothing.[/QUOTE]
See, it's not that hard to get a conversation going!

In any case, is it really worth watching the rest of it? It honestly sounds like tripe.

Well-animated tripe, sure, but tripe nonetheless.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
zeroshiki said:
Fixed. Asuka Strikes is Episode 8.
There are some good Asuka episodes, but her reveal with the battleship hop scotch/bass fishing was just too much for me. The movies handled her debut much better.

Jex

Izayoi said:
See, it's not that hard to get a conversation going!

In any case, is it really worth watching the rest of it? It honestly sounds like tripe.
If you're already wrong about the show (how dare you DISSENT?) then is there any point continuing? You know what you like and don't like.
Dance In My Blood said:
There are some good Asuka episodes, but her reveal with the battleship hop scotch/bass fishing was just too much for me. The movies handled her debut much better.
Lol wut? Rebuild doesn't know what to do with Asuka.

Lain

Evangelion could have been good, if only Shinji was less whiny and Asuka less of a bitch.
At least they fixed it for the movies!

Risette

A Good Citizen
Lain said:
Evangelion could have been good, if only Shinji was less whiny and Asuka less of a bitch.
Fixed? Movies?

Everything is broken in Rebuild.

Lain

Aigis said:
Fixed? Movies?

Everything is broken in Rebuild.
Everything is better in Rebuild.
Shinji is less whiny, Asuka is less of a bitch, Rei is better than ever.
Evangelion is finally a good show.

trejo

Izayoi said:
It's worth it in the sense that it's one of them landmark animus everyone should watch at least once. But if you don't like it it's no big deal.

Jex

Lain said:
You mean it could have been boring. And that's what they did, pandered to the boring crowd!
Lain said:
Rei is better than ever.
This implies Rei was good to begin with!

trejo

Lain said:
Everything is better in Rebuild.
Shinji is less whiny, Asuka is less of a bitch, Rei is better than ever.
Evangelion is finally a good show.
Even as a fan of the Rebuild movies I can't say I fully endorse this post.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Jexhius said:
If you're already wrong about the show (how dare you DISSENT?) then is there any point continuing? You know what you like and don't like.

Lol wut? Rebuild doesn't know what to do with Asuka.
I just meant the opening fight where she comes in. I have to rewatch 2.22 some time, but I preferred the isolation of her character being shown up front. The original series tried to make the isolation of characters this hidden overarching theme that you just didn't notice the whole time in like the last few episodes and it was kind of just craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom