• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

mAcOdIn said:
Except that Rie Kugimiya or whatever her name is that does Shana/Louise/Taiga, I wouldn't mind if she retired.
These are fighting words. I won't let you insult her amazing talent. The goddess of loli tsundere characters shall never retire!

Jex

JKTrix said:
This was great. I showed it to a friend and he didn't get it. I need new friends.
Friends with in-depth anime knowledge? That sounds like a double edged sword.

*glances at the local library's events*

Cosplay Conga? Shinto Wedding? For two hours? Sounds like a nightmare,

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Gauche the cellist was really quite remarkable, it almost seems criminal that it's only a hour long, but i guess it's a blessing in a sense, because every scene was consistently engaging from start to finish, i could not think of one minute where i was bored, and the combination of music and visuals in some of the sequences throughout was really quite something all together, i always found the ending of only yesterday to have one of the best uses of music in like anything ever, so I'm not surprised on how well-done it was.

But yeah just a incredible film, and a real showcase of how talented isao takahata is as a director!

Reminds me, i ought to get around to checking out Night on the galactic railroad soon, especially since icarus has been pimping it for quite a while.

duckroll

Lafiel said:
Reminds me, i ought to get around to checking out Night on the galactic railroad soon, especially since icarus has been pimping it for quite a while.

I fell asleep watching that movie.

Steroyd

Hitokage said:
There was a forum-wide purge of imgur hosted images in tags.

Speaking of forum stuff, gifs that run close to the size limit and avatar rotation scripts may be on their way out soon, but not without a couple things to compensate.

You mean... I'll have to pick between Yokkun, Yotsuba and Homura!!

vlcsnap-2011-04-05-11h49m35s44.png

The perils of a harem lead.

mAcOdIn said:
Except that Rie Kugimiya or whatever her name is that does Shana/Louise/Taiga, I wouldn't mind if she retired.

She does Kagura in Gintama which validates her existance to me, prepare a fight to the death. :mad:

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
duckroll said:
I fell asleep watching that movie.
Not so sure if that means anything to me, since i fall asleep watching a lot of movies. (even good ones!).:p

zeroshiki

A Black Falcon said:
Oh, as for the episode, it was alright, but not entirely my thing. I can see why people like it, but I probably won't be watching every episode.

Oh, ABF why must you hurt me so. You skip this but you watch Infinite Stratos and Samurai Girls?

Isn't the problem with that kind of thing though that really the l's and r's sound the same, so that "just reverse the letters" thing isn't accurate because really they aren't different sounds?

Yes. This.

duckroll

Lafiel said:
Not so sure if that means anything to me, since i fall asleep watching a lot of movies. (even good ones!).:p

I'm not saying it's bad, just that I found it very boring, and it's really slow paced. Not a fan of the source material either though.

zeroshiki

They talked about Night of the Galactic Railroad in Bungaku Shoujo and it made me want to look it up. I didn't know there was an anime of it. I almost got suckered into watching Shukufuku no Campanella because of the name association. >_<

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well made it to the 2nd chapter of Steins;Gate. That should be enough to not be spoiled by the next episode! Unless they skip the maid cafe and shrine of course. Will read some more later for future comparisons~!

mAcOdIn said:
Except that Rei Kugiyami or whatever her name is that does Shana/Louise/Taiga, I wouldn't mind if she retired.

I'm actually okay with this. We have Ayana Taketatsu now! We don't need that Rie Kugimiya anymore, she's 31 years old now. In every anime ever made, if you're already 31 years old you're practically ancient and will soon be retiring to make room for the 17-year old main character!

tiff said:
Don't know if anyone but me cares but I guess the Strike Witches S1 Blu-ray is going to release July 26th!

Does Cowie know yet? Someone needs to find him and notify him, stat!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
zeroshiki said:
It was excellent other than the chicken metaphor making no sense and the illogical ending.

I was shocked at the level of art/animation thrown at something that should have basically been a generic VN adaptation.
God, tell me about it, that Hiromi was such an insecure bitch! Noe is bizarro moe-fuel. I mean seriously, she just REEKS of the stuff, so I guess the writing staff was all like "HA! Had you going there, did we?" or some shit. Man, I raged so hard at that ending. And that chicken metaphor was decent enough, it was just very very muddled. They didn't say it very well.

Anyway, this reminiscing on True Tears kinda bothers me. I'm now a grown-ass man (22). Why the fuck am I flipping out over shows about high school students? I wouldn't touch a high school student in real life (too stupid). Fucking Japan... Is there a good show that would fit my college-aged demographic and isn't about as paper thin in plot as Love Hina?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
doomed1 said:
Anyway, this reminiscing on True Tears kinda bothers me. I'm now a grown-ass man (22). Why the fuck am I flipping out over shows about high school students? I wouldn't touch a high school student in real life (too stupid). Fucking Japan... Is there a good show that would fit my college-aged demographic and isn't about as paper thin in plot as Love Hina?
Maison Ikkoku.

NewFresh

Hanasaku Iroha Started a bit bland but quickly picked up and got interesting by the end. The animation was really well done and the characters seem pretty interesting. The dynamic between the grandmother and Minko is what i am excited to see more of.

Also ending theme was really good

duckroll

icarus-daedelus said:
Don't listen to ducky, this movie rocks. You do have to have patience for it, tho.

Now, The Sky Crawlers? Better than sleeping pills.

Look, I just said I fell asleep. I'm sharing a real life experience here!

EmmanuelMunoz said:
Hanasaku Iroha Started a bit bland but quickly picked up and got interesting by the end. The animation was really well done and the characters seem pretty interesting. The dynamic between the grandmother and Minko is what i am excited to see more of.

Also ending theme was really good
My guess is that was actually the OP. I'd be shocked if the ED had animation as nice as the end sequence.

Jex

duckroll said:
I wonder Kamiyama is going to leave the anime industry behind to go into advertising...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-05/hakuhodo-director-kenji-kamiyama-start-anime-firm
It's certainly an odd move. I mean, both Eden of the East movies were kind of bad but he's done some good work up until now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re-watched Evangelion 2.whatever. I have some different thoughts on it now.

trejo

InfiniteNine said:
I'm sorry but I'm more shy than I thought I would be. Well a few people here have seen some pictures anyways.
No need to be shy. We're all compadres here.

edit: The hell? How is that for shyness? XD

Steroyd

AnimeGAF is now complete.

Battle Girls Time Crap

The strong start to the season has spoiled me, a nice dose of reality that not every show is watchable was in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom