• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
My life is over... Gonna go to a cold place and stay there till it's over =[

Good job I9
ao5r82.gif

Steroyd

Dog Days 1

I've seen the title, I've seen the cover art and I've seen the synopsis, yet somehow it ended up worse than what I was expecting lol.

Swag

After marathon reading Nana to Kaoru last night, I figured it would be a good time to watch the OVA released.

I liked how they use Classy Violin Music to juxtapose the otherwise unclassy act of S&M, made me chuckle a bit. The VA was good though, they got the castings for Nana and Kaoru right, sounded a little off from what I imagined but it wasn't a big deal.

One thing I did notice though was;

WHAT IS THIS BLUSH EFFECT, Not to mention that Nana is already experiencing face Blush, she has blush teardrops all over her body. Annoyed the hell out of me. Also Kaoru's smug look, I was hoping they'd drop it for the adaptation but they chose to keep it.

Maybe my expectations were a little higher then they should've been.

Jex

Mr Nash said:
Someone had to much free time.

Oh, I hear we also sometimes talk about anime in this thread - Wardrobe Dwellers was probably the weakest of the three short pieces, but they've all been good.
Sebulon3k said:
After marathon reading Nana to Kaoru last night, I figured it would be a good time to watch the OVA released...WHAT IS THIS BLUSH EFFECT
Well after Break Blade's hand blush it was only inevitable we'd get breast blush.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
*watches Nichijou*

Id rather watch endless eight......

Edit: oh wow, I want my 23:42 seconds back. What genre is this under, cause I know it aint comedy!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
firehawk12 said:
I'm sure you look great!

That said, don't succumb to peer pressure either.
Yes, I agree on both fronts. There's something about this conversation that's starting to bother me. It's not the cross-playing, it's really more the conversation surrounding it. I've seen similar... situations and they end up just making everyone feel dirty...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
doomed1 said:
Yes, I agree on both fronts. There's something about this conversation that's starting to bother me. It's not the cross-playing, it's really more the conversation surrounding it. I've seen similar... situations and they end up just making everyone feel dirty...

doomed1
Not an actual moustache
(Today, 01:41 PM)
Reply | Quote

3INCZ.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not that kind of dirty, I'm sure!
doomed1 said:
It's similar to when a girl appears on a board and everyone demands pics. I think the (former) mods here weren't immune to that either. :p

tiff

Banned
doomed1 said:
that's the best feeling.

Jex

Man, thread titles are tricky. I've only ever been happy with my Patlabor thread title. Ah well.

Oh god and I've managed to write like a 1000 words on Evangelion 2.22. Yikes. Might as well dump that in a blog or seriously edit it.

Niblet

So I skipped ZZ gundam and decided to just Watch Char's Counterattack. Such a good idea.

This man right here:
tOYpM.jpg

I shed manly tears for him. I remember when he first jumped into the cockpit of the RX-78. He sure was irritating back then, but he really turned into a great man. A heart filled with compassion and conviction, he understood the human condition and fought against the misguided ideals of upheaval so that man, both earthling and spacenoid, be given the chance to bring about its own reform. He is forever the greatest mobile suit pilot and the benchmark for all that come after. He was Amuro Ray.

BlldL.png

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
firehawk12 said:
Not that kind of dirty, I'm sure!

It's similar to when a girl appears on a board and everyone demands pics. I think the (former) mods here weren't immune to that either. :p
It's not so much the demanding of pics as it is the net-flirting that comes out of it, a sort of micro cult-of-personality, and out of that arises... bothersome attitudes.

Jexhius said:
Oh god and I've managed to write like a 1000 words on Evangelion 2.22. Yikes. Might as well dump that in a blog or seriously edit it.
I'd like to read that actually. :3

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
DAT VOICE. So good.
DAT VOICE.
But you've been profaning her good name by associating her with Chiaki Omigawa, firehawk. Even if you're just joking.

tiff said:
It's good but there's no topping season 1's OP/ED.
I don't know, the song is better than Hanaji and half the season's budget will go into the OP. I think they'll top it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom