• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread of ZAWA ZAWA, Money, emo Cyclops, and fun^10xint^40=Ir2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Sket-Dance 1: With so many promising shows this season I doubt that I'll be keeping up with a show that's just above-average.

Ezalc

Jexhius said:
Sket-Dance 1: With so many promising shows this season I doubt that I'll be keeping up with a show that's just above-average.

Give it a few more episodes before passing judgement on it. Unless you read the manga too because if so then you have something wrong with you if you didn't like it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Kotomi said:
Sweet! Is that a reliable site to buy from? I've never heard of it.
The people at mania.com say it's good, but I've never ordered there. It's on Play-Asia too, but it seems that they're temporarily out of stock. Listed as 1-5 days for shipping.

Also, though the translation is good, it suffers from some formatting errors that happen a few times throughout the movie: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1924777&postcount=9

That post uses screens from the DVD but the same errors are present on the BD.

Kotomi said:
Edit: Shit. I probably wouldn't even be able to play it on an American PS3.
It's Region A.

Geneijin

doomed1 said:
Again, a definition looser than I posited makes use of moe as a literary element practically useless. Now, other emotions might ACCOMPANY the chara-moe, and that protectiveness itself might even take on different forms, but boiled down, it's all essentially the same reaction.
Then all I have left to say before I go into redundancy because of my trite arguments is your moe is weak. I just don't see it and neither of us really want to delve any further than we have been into such an argument, so I'll leave it be.

Risette

A Good Citizen
DrForester said:
Funimation did announce a license rescue of Lain and Haiabne last year, and both got Blu-Ray sets last year. While nothing has been announced, I doubt it's a coincidence.
If they release Haibane on BD I hope they do their own upscale. The JP one is atrocious.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Toradora 7 - As a tsundere taiga suffers from many insecurities such as being
flat-chested
lolz.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Articalys said:
Fixed/more accurate.
For the record this is the FIRST show I've seen where Rie Kugimiya plays a tsundere, my previous experience with her was alphonse in FMA and nena trinty from gundam 00.:p

Lafiel said:
For the record this is the FIRST show I've seen where Rie Kugimiya plays a tsundere, my previous experience with her was alphonse in FMA and nena trinty from gundam 00.:p
Afterward you should watch Ookami-san and see her play almost the exact same character just a little taller.

On second thought maybe you shouldn't

Cwarrior

index 20
headache.jpg

i give up ,i feel like am watching anime made by nomura(nonsense storyline)

more and more lolis come out the woodwork but still no loli stomping,the same shit keeps happen over again.

Strange girl appears and runs into toma
Some evil villain appears, after strange girl
Toma finds out there after strange girl
Toma goes into talk no jutso mode
Then risk his life to save girl with hax powers

Ezalc

Solune said:
Shit is going to hit the fan when they do Switch's backstory.

If shit hits the fan when they do Switch's story then when they do Bossun's the fan will get hit with a bomb.

jman2050

Articalys said:
Fixed/more accurate.

There's still some nuance in it! I like Taiga, am indifferent towards Shana, and hate Louise's guts even though they're the same character archetype, for example.

Articalys

jman2050 said:
There's still some nuance in it! I like Taiga, am indifferent towards Shana, and hate Louise's guts even though they're the same character archetype, for example.
I liked Toradora, but more because it managed to actually complete the plot from the light novels it's based on.
Just commenting on the general pidgeonhole she often finds herself in, not that it defines all her roles, especially Al.

jman2050

Cwarrior said:
the same shit keeps happen over again.

Strange girl appears and runs into toma
Some evil villain appears, after strange girl
Toma finds out there after strange girl
Toma goes into talk no jutso mode
Then risk his life to save girl with hax powers

Well have I got good news for you!

Season 2 has exactly the same pattern

Articalys said:
Just commenting on the general pidgeonhole she often finds herself in, not that it defines all her roles, especially Al.

I'm thinking this is JC Staff's fault more than the fault of whatever source material is adapted but I haven't read the Shana/ZnT novels so *shrug*.

Articalys

jman2050 said:
I'm thinking this is JC Staff's fault more than the fault of whatever source material is adapted but I haven't read the Shana/ZnT novels so *shrug*.
That... actually makes sense. I think the novels for those two have gone in radically different directions from where the anime dead end -- from what I remember reading in summaries, in SnS
Yuji basically turns into the main villain and starts fighting Shana
while in ZnT
Saito and Louise almost end up having sex but he chickens out at the last moment
. Again it's been a while since I looked up the novels so take those with a grain of salt.

jman2050

Articalys said:
That... actually makes sense. I think the novels for those two have gone in radically different directions from where the anime dead end -- from what I remember reading in summaries, in SnS
Yuji basically turns into the main villain and starts fighting Shana
while in ZnT
Saito and Louise almost end up having sex but he chickens out at the last moment
. Again it's been a while since I looked up the novels so take those with a grain of salt.

I've read some of the SnS novel spoilers and they actually make me want to watch a season 3.

Yes I know it'll be my own damn fault when I end up falling on my face as a result :/

isny

napkin dispenser
Chobits been pushed back again yet? Or is it still chugging along to be released May 10th?

I'm a fan of Rie, but was never interested in in Chobits before due to how picky I am about Anime. (I'm usually only interested in ones that are well done like Bebop, etc.)

Looking forward to blind buying this though, as the PQ apparently is as good as it gets.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Geneijin said:
Then all I have left to say before I go into redundancy because of my trite arguments is your moe is weak. I just don't see it and neither of us really want to delve any further than we have been into such an argument, so I'll leave it be.
Well yeah, but that's because I regard moe as a weak narrative element due to the extent of its effects. Sure, it's useful and powerful within its realm, but if all you have is moe, you won't get very far. You need more than that to have a really GOOD show.

jman2050

doomed1 said:
Well yeah, but that's because I regard moe as a weak narrative element due to the extent of its effects. Sure, it's useful and powerful within its realm, but if all you have is moe, you won't get very far. You need more than that to have a really GOOD show.

and yet you like K-On.

The mind boggles.

Sket Dance 1

This was fun! I like the three characters in Sket-dan and they have hilarious chemistry. I liked the use of the transfer student to introduce us to those characters, especially since it dealt with a bullying situation that I can sympathize with. I will certainly keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom