• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike I have to ask, what's Akihabara really like? A friend of mine said she was pretty disappointed in that it was really mainly electronics etc and not so much the anime otaku land. But I have no idea :eek:

You have to know where to look. If you like figures there's loads of shops. There's anime for sale everywhere too. But a lot of the stores front electronics first, yeah.

I found everything I was after at least.

Branduil

Mimic is a broken skill in any RPG, like in FF7 where you can Omnislash then Mimic until dead.

That's true, but anime tends to operate in much higher levels of overpowered than RPGs. See: all the powers people are getting which manipulate or negate abstract concepts.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Bunny Cafe 2
vYdpxGUl.jpg

GOD DAMNIT SDBURTON WHY

Everyone in my carpool is looking at me like I'm crazy because I'm laughing so hard right now.

Finally I have a comrade!

I too am excited for S2.
Hey i'm looking forward to see the S2 too.
I don't think that would have made for very exciting finish. :p
A overwhelming victory and hitomi staying in that world ? i would be ok with that

----------------------
Blade and soul - 03

I'm not even sure what to think about this episode.
it's not bad , but it's not great either.

And Well it has potential but it seems so underused. The main character doesn't help . "i will have my revenge"

Ok OK we know.. the anime is really draggued down by the cold and stoic main character.

Crocodile

Actually I've always wondered - How are stands in Jojo named? Do the Stands name themselves (like the Zanpackto in Bleach) or does the Stand user name their own Stand?

EDIT: On a related note, am I a moron if I kind of want to commission Jojo x Smash Bros art? Like I thought the joke was kind of stupid at first but its kind of getting to me and aside from that Rosalina = Gionio pic, there hasn't been as much cross-over fan art as I would have expected.

Nerf me pls.

...Goodbye bad memories.

Holy shit Tenumi is OP O_O

Gazoinks

Actually I've always wondered - How are stands in Jojo named? Do the Stands name themselves (like the Zanpackto in Bleach) or does the Stand user name their own Stand?

I don't think it's ever explicitly stated, but for the most part it's implied they're named by the user. Most Stands don't have personalities.

cnet128

Banned

haly's stand is Noble World, capable of ignoring light! Rank: A+

Branduil's stand is Rippling Pink, capable of shooting progress! Rank: B-

hitokage's stand is Girly Dirt, capable of changing attraction! Rank: D

envelope's stand is Cruel Rainbow, capable of copying other stands! Rank: C

SDBurton's stand is Moon Platinum, capable of detonating memories! Rank: C+

These ones I could easily see being actual Stands in Jojo. Well, if there were bands in real life named the appropriate things, of course (and Moon Platinum wasn't uncomfortably close to....something else >.>)

Most of the others, not so much ~.~

As for mine...

cnet128's stand is Hanged Cyan, capable of halting anuses! Rank: D

...fuck you Shindanmaker.

cnet's stand is Aqua Heaven, capable of detonating dicks! Rank: C

...no seriously, just stop >.<

Thoraxes

okay ._.

Thoraxes's stand is Tiny Abyss, capable of eating kicks! Rank: F+

thoraxes's stand is Dicks of Morning, capable of manipulating kicks! Rank: B

Andrew J.

Non Non Biyori 07

That rabbit
locking the girls in the pen
got a big, hearty laugh from me.

I know baselessly diagnosing fictional characters with Asperger's is the Internet's third favorite hobby, but sometimes I really wonder if Renge is somewhere on the autism spectrum.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Right, okay, then it isn't even worth discussing if that is the attitude you show, indeed that is most uncalled for.
I was trying to be merciful and humorous. I'm kind of hesitant to post in more detail about Nanana, because to me it's undignified pandering tripe. Breaking down the episode is just kind of gross, because even the light novel adaptations from this season aren't as garbled into incoherence by their attempts at fanservice.
Some guy is running errands for the live in adventuring ghost NEET who only eats pudding. Along the way he finds a precious gem dropped by jewel thieves. A self proclaimed master detective school girl and her doujin bait assistant track down the main character, and arrive at his house with one dressed as a maid. Upon entering his house the girl who was rolling around in garbage immediately strips down to go take a bath in this stranger's house. The main character is then confronted with surveillance footage from the errand he ran last night. Three scowling harem members scold the main character for looking at a dirty magazine and fumbling around in his pants. The detective and her assistant take the jewel and the following day they transfer in to the main character's class. This takes up half of the episode.

Structurally, Nanana is founding entire scenes on the basis of this creepy and poorly done fanservice. Multiple unrelated characters find reasons and means to meaninglessly dress up as maids. The end sequence is a horrific and nonsensical Rubik's Cube of CG desks that's solved
by the one fanged detective girl donning the accoutrements of an elementary schooler.

Nanana Batman's Buried Treasure - 2
They managed to make this even more LN-y than it already was. I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced some form of incest next week.

Interest waning rapidly despite the amusing Not-Indiana Jones segment at the end.

Naruto Shippuden 359

I'm actually upset over how quickly they glossed over the Uchiha massacre.

I mean, I know we've seen it many times from Sasuke and Itachi's point of view, but I was really hoping they would've shown more scenes with Obito's involvement during the night it happened.

You must had hair like this.

I really need to continue watching Jojo.

Aquarion EVOL -5

Ah, so THAT's why love is forbidden at the school. That's actually a pretty interesting scenario. I was expecting them to drag that thing out for like, 5 episodes with nothing but prejudiced attitudes. Dunban redeemed.

That's gotta be pretty scary for bypassers. Can you imagine just walking in the streets seeing somebody get electrocuted out of nowhere?

I don't know what it is about this show, but despite the CG mecha, and the fact that the main character barely has any personality at this point, something about it just makes me want to keep going.

Crocodile

Best/Worst Stand that actually makes sense:
BassForever's stand is Judging Heaven, capable of controlling little girls! Rank: A+
Anyway, so this post actually has some anime content:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders 2

The recap at the start did not sit well with me. Are we really going to have a two minute recap at the start of each episode for the previous episode? NO BUENO I say! I'm going to be annoyed if that becomes a thing for this show. Other than that (plus Dio's kind of unneeded recap of what Joesph explained last episode) and some oddly angular art, the episode was good :) I have to ask though if the color changes throughout the Jojo vs Kakoyin fight just for style, symbolic of something ore related to Kakoyin's Stand abilities?

Best/Worst Stand that actually makes sense:
Anyway, so this post actually has some anime content:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Stardust Crusaders 2

The recap at the start did not sit well with me. Are we really going to have a two minute recap at the start of each episode for the previous episode? NO BUENO I say! I'm going to be annoyed if that becomes a thing for this show. Other than that (plus Dio's kind of unneeded recap of what Joesph explained last episode) and some oddly angular art, the episode was good :) I have to ask though if the color changes throughout the Jojo vs Kakoyin fight just for style, symbolic of something ore related to Kakoyin's Stand abilities?

lol Bass has cnet's most desired stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom