• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirai Nikki 26 -END-

Glad you enjoyed it.

It's also worth noting that the ending actually cut out like 10 pages or so of the manga's ending which I was a bit disappointed about, but I have no problem with this more abrupt version. I might recommend checking out that final chapter anyway though.

Edit: Ah, been covered I see.

LegatoB

Sounds pretty common for this to happen based off the rest of that article.
The escalation is what makes it work.

First Year: 3 categories, 2 of which had Honorable Mentions awarded.
Second Year: 3 categories, 1 of which had Honorable Mentions awarded.
Third Year: 2 categories, none of which had Honorable Mentions awarded.

I can't wait to see what changes on next year's episode of Endless Eight!

Looking at the website, it doesn't say about anything charging for admission but I could be missing something.

But seriously, why do authors/artists even bother with this anymore. I wonder if next year, the amount of admissions will drop a lot.
Because it's KyoAni.

duckroll

How do we know that they didn't have 2 submissions in the first year, 1 submission in the second, and no submissions in the third?

Sankarea 04
QlV96.gif

It was remarkably much more fanservice-y than the previous episodes. So much more. A little slow and the preview from last week was quite a tease. But, at least the plot is going somewhere I think.

LegatoB

How do we know that they didn't have 2 submissions in the first year, 1 submission in the second, and no submissions in the third?
True, I suppose they could've made up the authors & titles of the other 4-5 honorable mentions they gave out in each category each year. It's not like anyone can prove otherwise, after all. :D

Shining Hearts 03
faLpv.jpg

Ah, why are you naked? says the girl who walks in to wake him up.
So, RPG stuff happens. Lasers go boom, and counter lasers go boom again. Mysterious girl washes up and creates a light show during blackout hours.
But, whatever. There wasn't enough of Rick's bread in this episode. That's a shame.

Sankarea 4

Bath scene was more epic in the manga, but good stuff nonetheless. I do like the early zombie problems in the series like the
rigor mortis.
Should be fun for a little while.

Lupin the 3rd: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine 4:
Better than last week's episode, but not up to the lofty standards of Episode 2. It's certainly not bad, but I feel a little bit disappointed that it isn't on that level. It was nice to see some more insight into Zenigata, but the resolution to the plot felt pretty silly to me. Clearly the solution is to have every episode center around Jigen.

Ultimadrago

Sankarea 4

Loofah, that is all.

Lupin the 3rd: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine 4:
Better than last week's episode, but not up to the lofty standards of Episode 2. It's certainly not bad, but I feel a little bit disappointed that it isn't on that level. It was nice to see some more insight into Zenigata, but the resolution to the plot felt pretty silly to me. Clearly the solution is to have every episode center around Jigen.

I like this plan!

Steroyd

Accel World - 04

ksEDd.jpg

Cartman you baka!

He's Cartman, he's a nerd, he has an awesome dream which he calls a "nightmare", he has a cute girl who follows him all over the place and doesn't "get it" when she goes jello, been a while since I wanted to punch the main character in the face and kick him in the nuts, because he doesn't deserve his balls.

Kagami

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 1
I see what people mean about the repetition, but once Teiichi got there, hearing the full version of what was being said was amusing enough.
Other than that not much happened this episode.
The male lead is a little boring. Sometimes that doesn't matter when it's more of an observer role, but in this it seems like he's actually at the center of things.
Opening song is pretty cool.

NicoNico people are making me want to go back and finish watching Another (stopped at ep 3).
Maybe I'll just fast-forward to the death scenes.

NKeoa.png

Hc8nI.png

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I think my problem with this story is that the world's rules are never truly concrete. They keep adding more and more extravagance and the story loses all sense of seriousness it may have had before, so all the drama in the last arc stops having any weight and becomes stupid (see
Minene becoming Son Goku
). So much wasted potential!

Yeah. I can't really refute anything that happened in those final episodes, but I do think the author lost track of what made the first half so fun in the search for the epic factor. What we get is a complete destruction of the sense of danger that made all the previous confrontations so cool because, hell,
if Minene can freaking fly, Yuki can survive a knife fight with Yuno.

cajunator

Banned
Hikounin Sentai AkibaRanger 01

wow. HOLY SHIT>

This is genius.

I like thow the dude talks about the tropes of a sentai series and one of the girl rangers is a cosplay catgirl. Their transformation weapon is a moe action figure. The enemy is named after a train. This is fucking magnificent.
Well I'm on board now. You guys kept telling me to watch and I see why.

Oh yeah and THE OPENING SONG BY GODDESS HALKO.

wow. HOLY SHIT>

This is genius.

I like thow the dude talks about the tropes of a sentai series and one of the girl rangers is a cosplay catgirl. Their transformation weapon is a moe action figure. The enemy is named after a train. This is fucking magnificent.

Glad ya on the Zukyuun train.

ibwlMZfyRPqZ6Y.gif

Code Geass 1

Was Jeremiah supposed to pilot the Lancelot originally? Since he decided to fight in the front lines instead, Suzaku become the next pilot candidate, correct?
Anyway, this episode needs more Kallen.

Brazil

Oh, yeah, the Mirai Nikki manga's ending is much better than the anime's. I wonder why they skipped those ten pages in the show.

They should've just cut the OP and ED from the last episode for the extra three minutes.

Dresden

Oh, yeah, the Mirai Nikki manga's ending is much better than the anime's. I wonder why they skipped those ten pages over in the show.

They should've just cut the OP and ED from the last episode for the extra three minutes.

I thought it was awful, assuming you're talking about the
hammertime
ending. Wonder how much worse the anime's ending must have been.

Ryuukan

wow. HOLY SHIT>

This is genius.

Another has been hit by the Moe Moe Magnum.

Brazil

I thought it was awful, assuming you're talking about the
hammertime
ending. Wonder how much worse the anime's ending must have been.

Yeah, it's beyond stupid, but least there's closure in the manga.

In the show Yuki's diary changes and Yuno calls for him. Then, fade out.

cajunator

Banned
Hikounin _Sentai _AkibaRanger 02

THE POWER OF
DELUSION.

The heroes get an Itasha car and everything.

I would say this is genius but that would be underselling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom