• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Master Keaton 28

2 betrayal episodes in a row? Eh....

Heartcatch Precure 41-43

How is it that there are only 6 episodes left, yet we're still stuck on this episodic bullshit?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Remember those injuries she had at the beginning of the show? They were actually caused by a freak shaving accident.

ghXSX.jpg

Damn, that's some really clumsy shaving.

Accel World 4
ibdWCDfHzFPxFJ.gif

The episode more than made up for last weeks episode. For 20+ episodes they were fast to make this pretty intense. Funny first part with Kuroyukihime seemingly jealous...
But then the confession of love and then the car accident. I cant believe they have her in that state and condition. I didnt think this was a sad anime like that. If she is anyway harmed or ends up losing her powers and gives up on Haru, this will be too much. Further, I refuse to believe that it is Taku. He seemed so kind hearted and cool, that he as an antagonist is just a strange thought. Someone else has to be pulling the strings on him. Can people be under the control of someone else in this neuro link world? Taku trying to eliminate Kuroyukihime I hope doesnt happen. Hopefully Haru awakens some hidden powers

Odd censoring choice there at least on vizanime stream of it but
How is a car accident, specifically the car, censored, yet someone bleeding profusely isnt?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'll tune in for the last episode if it's a brutal kill-em-all fuck you to the audience wrapped up in the usual cutesy Level-5 toyetic art.

Ryuukan

ironic, that Madoka used Sentai to become the biggest hit in recent memory, now Sentai uses anime to produce one of the most underrated and dare i say it? Deconstrutionlist series ever.

You are the gift of misinformation that keeps on giving.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Rick's Bread ep 4
A girl lay unconscious on the beach:

a)Bring and carry her to the doctor immediately.
b)Bring her to a nearby place and get a doctor.
c)Leave her there laying in the sand for hours while waiting for a doctor.

It's no brainer Rick and the others would choose C!

edit:
http://nyaruref.blogspot.com/2012/04/haiyore-nyaruko-san-episode-1.html

Shit, thats alot of references in one Nyaruko-san episode.
You really shouldn't move injured people, except to put them into the recovery position. C is the correct answer

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I do not have a very hard source for this but it sounds like Sentai just announced US plans for Kids on the Slope and Mysterious Girlfriend X at their ACEN panel.

Edit: Oh, and Upotte.

Articalys

I do not have a very hard source for this but it sounds like Sentai just announced US plans for Kids on the Slope and Mysterious Girlfriend X at their ACEN panel.

Edit: Oh, and Upotte.
Got a source on Upotte, at least.
The North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced at its panel at Anime Central on Friday that it has licensed the Cluster Edge, Hakuōki, Upotte!! and Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto television anime series.

Huh... Does anyone here know how reliable "Akibablog" is? It seems to have a lot of followers in twitter, including from some PR twitter accounts, and the blog seems to be pretty well known too.

https://twitter.com/#!/akibablog/status/195850773446397952

Anyway, if real, a industry source is reporting that Gundam AGE will be canceled.

Miracles do exist? If true, it's amazing news. Hopefully to be followed up by a real Gundam TV series being made.

/XX/

Huh... Does anyone here know how reliable "Akibablog" is? It seems to have a lot of followers in twitter, including from some PR twitter accounts, and the blog seems to be pretty well known too.

https://twitter.com/#!/akibablog/status/195850773446397952

Anyway, if real, a industry source is reporting that Gundam AGE will be canceled.
Are they mentioning a straight-up immediate (or very short-term) cancellation or a shortened run? Because I don't find plausible anything other than maybe a reduced span for the series, airing less episodes. Even then I think that is dubious after the very recent, continuous and full-out promotion they have made of their fabricated opportunity for redemption/consolation that is "the 3rd generation".

He's just being reasonable.
You understand me, Solune, but I don't know if I want to carry the weight of that 'reasonable' title anymore, I'm not being reasonable here now... call me 'apologetic' instead! Sometimes I think I defend the indefensible just because...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh wow, that's a lot of references. Reading that could take longer than just watching an episode!

And this is how references should be done. "Did you know" translator notes are the worst.

Crunchy seemed to realise that with Gintama since they stopped doing them thank God.

NewFresh

You understand me, Solune, but I don't know if I want to carry the weight of that 'reasonable' title anymore, I'm not being reasonable here now... call me 'apologetic' instead! Sometimes I think I defend the indefensible just because...

You will now be /XX/ the unreasonable. Defender of mediocre shows everywhere :p

Dead

well not really...yet
Code Geass 7

I think this is the third time Kamina has been quoted so far.
Sunrise are such master trolls that they actually traveled to the future in order to quote a character that has yet to be created in their show?

wow

edit: lolololol, someone licensed Cluster Edge? LOL

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi (1999) 1-51 END

doremi1_zpsaaee99af.jpg

For as good as this show was, one would expect it to be mentioned more. This show is Junichi Satou's next entry in the magical girl genre after Sailor Moon and Mahou Tsukai Tai!. Doremi is more of an oldschool magical girl show as there is no evil force to battle against and the cast doesn't fight monsters of the week, but instead we have a small team of apprentice witches who spend their time training or helping others with their magic. Of course, not everything goes as it should and they don't always have the purest of intentions, but such character antics are what make the show so much fun. In that respect, it's like somebody took all the right lessons from Sailor Moon.

doremi3_zps144749a5.jpg

Since you can't have character antics without good characters, we're given the main character Doremi, who is a lot like Usagi both in personality and hairstyle, along with her younger sister Pop, who is a lot like Chibiusa (the most underrated character in all of anime). She also eventually gets paired up with Hazuki, who is kinda like Heartcatch's Tsubomi, and Aiko, who is kinda like Erika. However, this show is nowhere near as stiff as Heartcatch Precure and even changes up its own modus operandi from time to time like Sailor Moon did. I actually felt a little upset that nobody had told me about this show sooner, but I suppose getting released at the time it did and the overt drop in character ages led to it being overlooked against larger heavyweights.

doremireally_zps8d39fbb3.jpg

To be fair, Doremi spends as much time selling merchandise as Precure does, but it's so much more thoroughly enjoyable that the IN STORES NOW aspect is more easily perceived as a means to an end rather than the point of the show itself. I should also mention that the show's sense of style is a definite downgrade from something like Sailor Moon, but people like jman2050 will be pleased to know that this show used Adobe Premiere more successfully than a certain other show.

There's really only so much I can convey talking about this. You're just going to have to check this show out!
doremi4_zps95bc26df.jpg

That said, I would recommend that people only start with the first series. Satou leaves after the first series, and if you're getting at all invested in the story, you may not like what happens in the sequels. (Yes, I spoiled it for myself.)

Conclusion:
11 HONMAs out of STEAK
doremi2_zps14b16840.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom