• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shining Hearts Bread of Happiness ep 3
tumblr_m3h0kohBOt1qbxqfpo1_500.png

A bit late but I thought this looked pretty nice. The episode itself was nice. Rick was cool during the climax moment here and I figured he would
wield a sword eventually. Cant wait to see what moves he can pull out of it if a showdown ever happens
. Insert song and that entire action sequence was pleasing. Overall just a really pleasant interesting episode.

Defuser

Sket Dance ep 56
Did I miss a episode or something? When did Momoka liked Switch? And I skip all biscuit dance segments which I can't believe they padded the episode with that crap.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Did I imply it was?
debating that its the 'best strip scene in anime' hardly seems like im taking issue
If you're not actually condemning something that could be seen as perverted then I'll have to ask you to stop using Uchip's account and give it back to the real Uchip.

Also, Cosmic, you seem to be holding up One Piece as some high standard, when the first 10 episodes have all been atrocious. Can it get better later on? Sure! But that doesn't mean the first whole 4th of my assigned watch was terrible. Perhaps I should reviewing it in the same way you do.

"Instead, we're treated to episode after episode of the same vapid BS."

"But of course the most important thing in a show like this is the action. Well, that didn't really deliver either. The sporadically good choreography and animation was repeated ad infinitum rather than paving the way for new creative choreography and techniques. Being hit by a wave of stock footage is not how you up the tension. It's just annoying."

"Regarding story, I think the actual content and presentation conflicted. There were some heavy themes brought up like abandonment, expectation-induced breakdowns, etc. yet it was all presented in not only a childish way, but one that kind of forgoes reality."

Just reading those comments, they all sound like One Piece to me!

You are absolutely right. However, Heartcatch is 49 episodes while One Piece is 540 and counting. In my opinion, the former is only good for the last 5 episodes. I think it's fair to say that something that gets good in the 30s and then continues to escalate for hundreds of episodes is more reasonable than waiting the same amount of time for a show less than 50 episodes.

Uchip

Banned
If you're not actually condemning something that could be seen as perverted then I'll have to ask you to stop using Uchip's account and give it back to the real Uchip.

Im pretty sure theres a difference between Panty and Stocking, and the pictures that were posted on IRC.

You are absolutely right. However, Heartcatch is 49 episodes while One Piece is 540 and counting. In my opinion, the former is only good for the last 5 episodes. I think it's fair to say that something that gets good in the 30s and then continues to escalate for hundreds of episodes is more reasonable than waiting the same amount of time for a show less than 50 episodes.

One Piece has more memorable moments than any other show I can name, and thats not just because of how long it is.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Im pretty sure theres a difference between Panty and Stocking, and the pictures that were posted on IRC.
So all those times you spent on forum threads decrying gaffer depravity were some other Uchip?

One Piece is multiple Heartcatches. Arabastia is one, and Skypiea is another!

Andrew J.

Medaka Box 05

Why does the swim club's introduction remind me of the student council's "we are the chick, the world is the egg" spiel from Utena?

Nekomi's right, Medaka needs to be handicapped more than any of the boys. I mean, she's basically
a primarch

duckroll

In about 3 hours or so, the Ufotable Cinema will be hosting a free screening of Sword of the Stranger as part of the Golden Week festivities. Minami from BONES will be at the event, and there might or might not be some sort of announcement with regards to further plans BONES has for the 5th Anniversary of Stranger. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom