• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who care will notice and the people who don't will care when we post our glowing impressions of the film when we are finally able to see it in the distant future.

(I haven't actually seen any of Sugii's works yet; I'm getting to it, I promise! Gauche was totally awesome though.)

I thought we were bros!
I know that—just saying it helps to give an announcement/news post some profile on a page, so that you can ideally get some attention if any at all. I'm going to watch Sugii's opus first, then go on to watch Takahata's Gauche. Should be fun.

cajunator

Banned
Weiß Survive 05-08
More wacky card games go!
We meet our new opponents:

A loli, the one with big boobs and a tsundere. What a fearsome combination.

I mean, just look at the weapons they wield.

Yeah, they deal damage somehow.

Not even our protag in his best Persona 4 cosplay can stand up to them.

I gotta say they start off really strong using Persona 4 as the first anime cameo.

This looks decently cute.
Guess ill throw it on the massive backlog.

Canned Rick's Bread, maybe? That could be viable for merchandising, SEGA—get on it!

—Seriously guys: a new Kenji Miyazawa film by the second king of Kenji Miyazawa films (because Takahata already did Gauche the Cellist). We should at least act excited.
Why should we be excited for something riding on Hosoda's coattails?

I know that—just saying it helps to give an announcement/news post some profile on a page, so that you can ideally get some attention if any at all. I'm going to watch Sugii's opus first, then go on to watch Takahata's Gauche. Should be fun.

I'd rather state the news succinctly and straightforwardly, without extra hype that people may not feel like getting on board with anyway. That's just my personality.

Is that what they call that oddly solid looking substance that comes out their mouths?

Honey isn't solid.

Ultimadrago

i'm sorry that not everyone's fond of a poorly voiced, steak obsessed moron :(

image.php

I shall remembered this, Envelope wonzo.................... :(

Why should we be excited for something riding on Hosoda's coattails?
Hosoda isn't involved with this at all, and Sugii did animation work on Toei Doga's first anime production way back in 1958. If anything, Hosoda's more likely to have rode on Sugii's coat-tails, whether he explicitly stated that before or not.

Hosoda isn't involved with this at all, and Sugii did animation work on Toei Doga's first anime production way back in 1958. If anything, Hosoda's more likely to have rode on Sugii's coat-tails, whether he explicitly stated that before or not.
I was just joking. :) I wasn't familiar with Sugii, though.

Weiß Survive 13-16
Ok, final battle and there wasn't as many awesome moments anymore.

But, god damn. So many Persona 3/4 references going on.

But, it was still a fun short season. I like the card game, the action, the silly blasting they did so they didn't have to animate so much action.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead ep 5
tumblr_m3gibtJBt51qmtmv4o1_500.jpg

Darn, should have seen the episode before seeing the gif you all posted back, as that was litrally the only entertaining part of the episode and the subsequent second half of that scene, well and I guess Anderson as well. Anderson ought to just be in the rest of the episodes/house

I guess the actual plot involves that random monster they mentioned at the hot spring?

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead ep 5
Darn, should have seen the episode before seeing the gif you all posted back, as that was litrally the only entertaining part of the episode and the subsequent second half of that scene, well and I guess Anderson as well. Anderson ought to just be in the rest of the episodes/house

I guess the actual plot involves that random monster they mentioned at the hot spring?
Plot? I don't think they are even pretending to have one of those.

Narag

Koutetsushin Jeeg 11

A bit of a slower ep to better reflect on the events of the previous. It was pretty good as the main cast were given time to adjust to all that had occurred. The reunion between Hiroshi and Michie after 50 years was really sweet too. Although blinded, the scene mostly featured her as he remembered her from all those years back.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fairy Tail 17:

lzVxYl.jpg

b....but where's the twist? What do you mean there isn't one?

Anticlimax, thy name is Fairy Tail. As if Natsu suddenly deciding that the arc boss was his prey even though the entire arc has been about Gray wasn't bad enough,
Deliora was dead all along and we don't get a climactic final battle
? loooooooool.

Fairy Tail 18:

k86cGl.jpg

I make these faces all too often watching this.

This episode may have set the record for most bizarre use of public domain music in an anime. Pomp and Circumstance as a victory theme? Huh?

So
time magic guy
was actually
a hot girl
? And
Ul's daughter
? I...uhh...well, I guess I can't complain about there being no twist in this arc now, but.................what?

Fairy Tail 19:

713epl.jpg

Magic can be hazardous to punks, ifyouknowhatimean One Piece bros.

DTL vindicated, One Piece steals from Fairy Tail confirmed.

I don't know what it says about Fairy Tail that I've enjoyed the two filler episodes more than any of the canon material, but this episode was awesomely bonkers. You can probably tell what's going on from the pictures, but just in case you need a hint,
BODY SWAP EPISODE!

R7h3Yl.jpg

To steal ponpo's signature catchprase, good.

Episode was worth it just to see Erza make tons of faces that she would never make under normal circumstances.

Levy or whatever her name was is awesome.

eS3Lul.jpg

I'm just sad that the glasses aren't permanent.

Oh, and then there were several instances of this:

http://i.imgur.com/ryD6Fl.jpg

Yeah...

Ultimadrago

With all this fanservice M.P. is slappin' about, I may have judged Fairy Tail too harshly...

Just kidding!

How's your sister enjoying it, man?

So that's where this gif came from. (shitty old meme somewhat ruins it)
It's a pretty great scene. You haven't lived until you've seen Cartman awkwardly straddle a blushing, teary-eyed girl who's pouring her heart out, all the while secretly rifling through her private data on an invisible keyboard.

You gotta seal up her backdoor. Only you can protect her.
But if he messes around with her backdoor, the other guy will realize what he's up to!

Tsuritama 4

The directing wasn't quite as sharp as past episodes, but it was still enjoyable. I like the development of the central relationships as the boys slowly open up to each other: Natsuki beginning to smile more often, Yuki beginning to accept Haru for who he is. It's impressive that this show can retain my interest even though my eyes instinctively glaze over whenever someone starts talking about fishing technique.

Of course the art design is really great, but I'm not sure if I've praised the character designs enough. Their use of curves is distinctive and attractive:

This episode also featured a showdown of cute critters:

Watch out, cat! The duck's gunning for your position!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
With all this fanservice M.P. is slappin' about, I may have judged Fairy Tail too harshly...

Just kidding!

How's your sister enjoying it, man?

She's getting progressively more bored and she's disgusted by the fanservice. The sad thing is, even if she stops watching, I'll probably keep going now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom