• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J.

Kids on the Slope 04

Sounds like they got an actual American to play the drunk racist!

...so this is when anime decides Americans need to be played with real verisimilitude, huh. ;_;

Jormungand 04

A startlingly emotional episode, the series continues to deliver chills.
More child soldiers, this one a girl in her teens. Despite having few lines, and only 2 episodes fleshing her out, I was genuinely shocked and saddened to see her die.

They muted out Koko's explanation on why she is an arms dealer, but given the reaction of the young girl it must be pretty terrible or horrible. I half expected her to join Koko's team or become a long term antagonist.

We also learn more of her team, the old man has clearly seen combat; he didn't hesitate to kill the girl. His apprentice of sorts was clearly uncomfortable with the whole situation, and we learn more about Jonah.

Is anyone else watching this show?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Awkwardly kissing someone with ambiguous feelings is sexual assault?
All I'm saying is that if the girl has expressly not returned interest and starts crying after you kiss her you probably took a wrong turn somewhere.

Jormungand 04

More child soldiers, this one a girl in her teens. Despite having few lines, and only 2 episodes fleshing her out, I was genuinely shocked and saddened to see her die.

They muted out Koko's explanation on why she is an arms dealer, but given the reaction of the young girl it must be pretty terrible or horrible. I half expected her to join Koko's team or become a long term antagonist.

We also learn more of her team, the old man has clearly seen combat; he didn't hesitate to kill the girl. His apprentice of sorts was clearly uncomfortable with the whole situation, and we learn more about Jonah.

Brazil is watching it.

Makoto

Kids on the Slope 4 Spoilers

Y'alls messed up, dawgs.

They were clearly tears of immense joy.
Yeah, I once saw a kid in elementary do that to a girl. She was so awestruck, she ran away crying
to the nearest teacher and got him suspended for a month.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The Holy Knight OVA has a lot of important things to say about your first kiss. You always bleed the first time.
3HZzw.jpg

umCSN.jpg

i37V7.jpg

Jormungand 4
tumblr_m3ffp36Ml11r1geyyo1_500.jpg

OP is still awesome decent episode on account of gunfire and Jonah moments. Otherwise needed more action. Orchastra failed to connect and thus that part of the story felt really weak in addition to
CIA agent and the Chinatsu plot thread. She was just a terrible character

Jormungand 04

Emotional? glaringly missing details regarding Orchestra as well as atrocious character design prevented me from ever being attached to them.
The girl ought to have joined Koko or been glad that the one that killed her parents right before her eyes died. Why in the world was she so distraught and torn over the death of her master? I dont understand

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Lupin III - Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 5

That was pretty tame. Well, at least the action wasn't lazily animated in this one. The same couldn't be said for last week's episode.

I wonder if the four will end up working together in one of the episodes, right from the start. That'd be a cool surprise, considering the way they're portraying Fujiko.

Lupin III - Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 5

That was pretty tame. Well, at least the action wasn't lazily animated in this one. The same couldn't be said for last week's episode.

I wonder if the four will end up working together in one of the episodes, right from the start. That'd be a cool surprise, considering the way they're portraying Fujiko.
Many others couldn't stand last week's Lupin, and this isn't that much more tame anyhow! Great episode, nonetheless.

On another note: Gisaburo Sugii, ex-Mushi Pro master director of Group TAC, is doing his second feature film rendition of a Kenji Miyazawa novel.

Warner Brothers Japane began streaming the full 114-second trailer for The Life of Guskō Budori (Guskō Budori no Denki) film. This is the second anime film adaptation of the classic story Guskō Budori no Denki by Kenji Miyazawa (Night on the Galactic Railroad).

Miyazawa's fairy tale follows a young man named Guskō in the Tohoku forests of northeastern Japan in the 1920s. After an onslaught of droughts and natural disasters, Guskou is forced to leave his home and search for a better life elsewhere. Guskou joins a group of scientists at the Ihatov Volcano Department, which deals with the same natural disasters that drove Guskou from his home.

Actor Shun Oguri (Hana Yori Dango, Hana-Kimi, Detective Conan, Uchū Kyōdai, Arakawa Under the Bridge) stars in the title role. Actress Shiori Kutsuna (live-action Beck & Detective Conan) will make her voice-acting debut as Guskou's little sister Neri, and Gisaburô Sugii (Night on the Galactic Railroad) is writing, storyboarding, and directing the film.

The film will open in Japan on July 7.
Here's the nideo-video.

Canned Rick's Bread, maybe? That could be viable for merchandising, SEGA—get on it!

—Seriously guys: a new Kenji Miyazawa film by the second king of Kenji Miyazawa films (because Takahata already did Gauche the Cellist). We should at least act excited.

Doesn't look like you made it stand out, though. I never even knew that was there. Never would have.

The people who care will notice and the people who don't will care when we post our glowing impressions of the film when we are finally able to see it in the distant future.

(I haven't actually seen any of Sugii's works yet; I'm getting to it, I promise! Gauche was totally awesome though.)

I blame hosanna.

I thought we were bros!

Weiß Survive 05-08
More wacky card games go!
We meet our new opponents:
A loli, the one with big boobs and a tsundere. What a fearsome combination.

I mean, just look at the weapons they wield.
Yeah, they deal damage somehow.

Not even our protag in his best Persona 4 cosplay can stand up to them.

I gotta say they start off really strong using Persona 4 as the first anime cameo.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch 11

jQusL.jpg

Nori - Computer Girl

Today Nori truly earned the envied title of "That Girl with the computer."

It's so cute seeing girls huddle around a computer and learn how to use one.
Takes me back to the AOL dial-up days.

NFWvO.jpg

Here, have more Yoshinoya.

Miya an Yuno get a glimpse of life others life as seniors and the fact of moving on.
No doubt, this will be touched on again multiple times.
Per usual, Yuno is a bit worrisome about losing friends and Miya keeps a smile on, rarely losing optimism.

Next up, season finale.

Jormungand 4
Emotional? glaringly missing details regarding Orchestra as well as atrocious character design prevented me from ever being attached to them.
The girl ought to have joined Koko or been glad that the one that killed her parents right before her eyes died. Why in the world was she so distraught and torn over the death of her master? I dont understand
She was broken dude, Stockholm syndrome is a real thing. I watched last weeks episode along with this weeks, so it felt more cohesive. She was blatantly meant to be a foil for Jonah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom