• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsuritama 4:
This show just has such a refreshing atmosphere. It's kind of interesting to contrast this season's two noitaminA shows. Both are really great, but they go in complete opposite directions with their pacing. Tsuritama is very breezy show, and it's nice to see a show like this. I think this episode did an effective job of
playing up the disturbing implications of Haru's water gun power. It was there in the background before, but it was played for laughs on the surface (although the disturbing element was there). You see with Natsuki in this episode what the greater problems with it are, though. Haru meant well, but you can't just force people to get along or be happy.

Overall, the feeling of this show is just so fun. I'm really liking the way the characters are evolving, and the relationships between the three main characters have come along way in just four episodes. The music and art continues to be excellent, and it really serves to set the feeling of the show as a whole.

She's getting progressively more bored and she's disgusted by the fanservice. The sad thing is, even if she stops watching, I'll probably keep going now!

This is the basic reaction to Fairy Tail. When the manga first premiered, I thought it was really cool. Now, it's been years since I read it at all. It's not bad, just really dull and generic.

Articalys

I will say one thing about Tsuritama, especially with this episode: whenever Natsuki starts talking fishing technique, I'm immediately reminded of Zelda fishing minigames.

Sengoku Collection 5

Best one thus far (well its not like the other episodes were anything to write home about). Morse actually made it really entertaining with his documentary story style and
deceiving viewers by editting the stories
it made several moments hilarious.

survivor

Banned
Saint Seiya Omega 1

Wow, this was pretty awesome. The power of shounen makes a magical girlsboys anime very entertaining.

What's a Gold Saint? And am I supposed to know who this villain is? Seemed like he has a bit of history.

edit: guess my only complaint is that I felt I kinda had to know about Saint Seiya franchise to fully understand everything even though I think this was meant for new audience

Uchip

Banned
She's getting progressively more bored and she's disgusted by the fanservice. The sad thing is, even if she stops watching, I'll probably keep going now!

Well, My sister likes One Piece, and Full moon wo Sagashite, and some others
maybe those would fare better

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Your sister sounds like a cool person.

I tried to get her to play Phoenix Wright and she turned the DS off after less than a minute.

Besides, has anyone ever known a girl not to hate gratuitous female fanservice? It seems like a pretty understandable stance.

Well, My sister likes One Piece, and Full moon wo Sagashite, and some others
maybe those would fare better

I tried One Piece, she refuses to watch it because she hates Luffy's character design.

Branduil

Kids on the Slope 4

itqhpHyiDZDdO.gif

This show does some amazing things. Also, maybe I missed it, but
who is Sentaro living with?

Narag

Koutetsushin Jeeg 12

Space battle? Yes! CG? noooo
Hiroshi Siba is such a badass too. Shit that needed Jeeg to destroy early on he took down with his fists while blind and at nowhere near his full strength! Sweet Jeegus, second half of the ep was godly as it was just delicious super robot action.

Weiß Survive R 01-04
And, here we go with season 2!

Blah, blah, forgotten and returning memories whatever. We have returning characters instead! And, identification of the girls by their breasts. Not like their hair color is any clue.

But, none of that is important. Instead we want the shameless references! It seems like this season's favorite new show is Fate/Stay Night now.

And, it doesn't disappoint.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tsuritama is booooooooooooooooooooooring.
Mysterious Girlfriend X 1

What a disgusting anime. Such a big mistake to be eating while watching it.
Only because you haven't tried chocolate-swapping through kissing.
Accel World 3

What the actual fuck?
Welcome to anime.
So that's where this gif came from. (shitty old meme somewhat ruins it)
Oh my.
Saint Seiya Omega 1

Wow, this was pretty awesome. The power of shounen makes a magical girlsboys anime very entertaining.

What's a Gold Saint? And am I supposed to know who this villain is? Seemed like he has a bit of history.

edit: guess my only complaint is that I felt I kinda had to know about Saint Seiya franchise to fully understand everything even though I think this was meant for new audience
The Gold Saints are based on the (old) twelve Zodiac signs and are basically the highest order of Athena's warriors. Villain is new.

Accel World 4

ixMjs9884eR4z.jpg

"I'm so fucked up."
This part almost made her seem like a human being. Fortunately, the rest of the episode reconfirmed her batshit insanity. I'm pretty sure that beating people in a video game neither counts as staining your hands with the blood of your friends nor
justifies getting run over by a car

Of course,
she's not actually dead
. After all, what would a story involving a hyper advanced VR game be without comas!?

Despite some of the laughable absurdity, I still think this show is pretty awesome. When do new episodes air?

P.S. Fuck you, Taco. Fuck you.

Makoto

Sankarea 1-4

I like this show a lot. I like the direction it's heading. It's got potential that I can't wait to see explored. The ability/inability to let go that which you love or that moment when the person you thought you loved begins eating away at you (in this show's case, literally). Sankarea is ranking very high on my priority list for this season.

Acchi Kocchi 1-4

There's a very charming aspect to Acchi Kocchi. Right now though, I don't care much for anyone but Tsumiki and Io so I'm running into the issue of a grand portion of the show being blah. I'm not sure if I should continue with it.

Jormungand 1-3

idontknowwhatthefuckisgoingon.jpg

That OP song sort of makes me want to vomit. But you know what doesn't want to make me vomit? Koko. Her voice actress sounds familiar too. She voices Misa from Bodacious Space Pirates but I feel like it's from something else I've seen. Anyway, I imagine this show will be as about as enlightening as Gunslinger Girl S2.

Tsuritama 1-4

There are too many dudes in this show. Why isn't that one girl who works at the store getting any screen time? Ugh, I'm not interested in watching guys all the time. Dropped.
Jokes aside, here's a show that gets saved by the 3-episode rule. If it weren't episode 3, then I really would have dropped it.

Tsuritama 4
tumblr_m3h2h9Iewy1qc5rbmo1_r2_250.gif

Love how each character is actually being developed and changed as we progress. One of the best anime for friendship it seems and all of them affect each other. My favorites got so much screentime, Natsuki, Yuki.
Natsuki seemed to actually smile and he actually held a conversation with Yuki, whom actually did respond and express himself well, not just with his grandma and haru, but now Natsuki too. Yuki, the most emotional of them all also appeared to acknowledge his change and at least finally get a grasp of caring for others and expressing himself with both of them, and Haru making a few changes trying to be more understanding. I like that, for him, the grandma serves as his effector. Now if Natsuki can improve relations with his father, and if Akira can be worked in there.

Fishing scenes are oddly compelling and rewarding for character development, and great conversations as well as
Yuki caught one! Loved his picture in the phone.

If only there were more than seven episodes left.

Narag

Koutetsushin Jeeg 13
Lost my shit at Jeeg's true form. I nerd out far too easily to stuff like this! I'm actually surprised at the amount of foreshadowing there was in the OP as well even down to the music itself. It's not an ideal place for it but neat nonetheless.
Good end and a return to normalcy after end of the world antics.
Well deserved, I say. Ep also had a bunch of Go Nagai character cameos like Kouji Kabuto and Jim Mazinger.

While not quite in the same tier as say Getter Robo Armageddon, Giant Robo, or Shin Mazinger, Koutetsushin Jeeg is still fantastic in its own right and something I'd easily be able to recommend to a fan of the genre if not in general.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The (oYo) of the Slut called Fujiko Mine 05

I just wasn't digging it today. It was straight-up action but it had very little of the fun banter these characters usually have. I do appreciate that Lupin's affection for Fujiko is being played as more than lust, even if it's majorly lust.

Eureka Seven: AO 04

Gekko State shows up, and its a peace/environmentalist movement.

Rei Ayanami and Dynasty Warrior references.

Trapar is "mined" in Okinawa, the mine resembling an Oil rig, setting up what I suspect will be one of the major themes again(Environmentalism).

I'm starting to think that the "Secret" is Renton, Eureka or the Scub from her original world trying to retrieve AO/Nirvash/Eureka.

Naru being left behind kinda worries me, but I assume its for the "star crossed lovers" theme. She better not be left behind or killed.

All round, this was a transition episode.

There are so many ways this show can go wrong, but I'm hoping for the best.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu 12 -END-

hHmYA.jpg

When I hate a genki, I really hate them. But when I like a genki, I really like them.
Miyako love all day, man.
(Quiet you, GoogleTropes says she's a genki, end of story!)

As the picture suggests, it's "Tomat'a picking time"

Sae has shown that
she is yuri in the pants for Hiro.

Those lazy bums actually help Hiro cook for...twice! Most of the epsiode is them working together to make a tomato feast. They eat, drink, get merry and stuff.

5UBE6.jpg

The final stars of the season.

I decided to watch this on a "semi-whim", someone here may have recommended it, but I have forgotten who.

It's quite the soothing watch for now and then and since the "Slice-of-Life" segment of my watch list is empty, this is an easy fit. The characters all have their "thing." Strangely enough, not so much personality archetypes as much as action-oriented individuality for most of them. For example, Sae is a writer and her skills/struggles are based off that when her character is really focused on. In public settings her personality doesn't show much (besides the tingling she gets from talking to a certain someone). This is how I've identified most of the gang.
It isn't a bad thing and the show has displayed that it's interested in involving the personal shortcomings and mental inhibitions of some. Never to the point of calling itself a "drama", but enough to make the characters thicker than paper.

In short, inoffensive relaxing watch that doesn't make me go to sleep. I will watch more.

survivor

Banned
Saint Seiya Omega 2

Why of course, Koga must have the light element. I wonder if the person with the dark element is gonna be like a villain at first or a dickhead.

Why does't Mars just beat up the Saints now and end it all? I know this is supposed to be a long series but it's not like Mars got anything better to do.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Tsuritama 1-4

There are too many dudes in this show. Why isn't that one girl who works at the store getting any screen time? Ugh, I'm not interested in watching guys all the time. Dropped.
Jokes aside, here's a show that gets saved by the 3-episode rule. If it weren't episode 3, then I really would have dropped it.
I really don't understand the big deal about episode 3 in the series and what exactly makes it different from the first two episodes for some people, I mean if you didn't think much of the first two episodes, what exactly about episode 3 changed your mind? :p I personally loved the hell out of episodes 1 & 2 and didn't think that much about episode 3. (which was still good) go figure!

I do agree that the show has to much focus on the dudes though, needs more alien girl.

Dresden

Seriously. Pink hair? Sticks out like a sore thumb, the character designers should be ashamed.

There's a girl? I was too busy looking at all of the fine attire.

It sure looks pretty bad. The PV is also kinda yaoi and I guess there's no other real info about the show at all asides from the producer. Well, and I guess the VA list:

杉田智和 - Sugita Tomokazu
堀江由衣 - Horie Yui
小野大輔 - Ono Daisuke
宮野真守 - Miyano Mamoru
福山潤 - Fukuyama Jun
浪川大輔 - Namikawa Daisuke
沢城みゆき - Sawashiro Miyuki
阿澄佳奈 - Asumi Kana
櫻井孝宏 - Sakurai Takahiro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom