• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
RICK'S BREAD HANK'S ROCKS 4

ricksbread4a.jpg
ricksbread4b.jpg
ricksbread4c.jpg

every show needs a dwarf/midget/vertically challenged individual called HANK

Clearly. If people want that they should surely be watching the Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo - Anata to Koibito Tsunagi OVA.
it was pretty disappointing when compared to the source material (which is nothing to write home about either)

Accel World 05
http://i.imgur.com/27KXu.gif
Possible spoilers I guess to be kind.
I was pretty amused by the fight.
Just that losing his arm so suddenly wasn't bad, but next a leg?
I kinda forgot all about those special moves and the special bar as well.
I am liking where the show might be heading.
Or at very least, I like that Kuroyukihime challenged everyone so no more silly your princess games anymore

Accel World 05
http://i.imgur.com/27KXu.gif
Possible spoilers I guess to be kind.
I was pretty amused by the fight.
Just that losing his arm so suddenly wasn't bad, but next a leg?
I kinda forgot all about those special moves and the special bar as well.
I am liking where the show might be heading.
Or at very least, I like that Kuroyukihime challenged everyone so no more silly your princess games anymore
Did they even mention the special bar before this?

Milky Holmes 12 - End

The first half was fun and exciting; they pulled out the stops for the action animation and storyboarding in the climatic fight. The second half was not as successful;
the comedic reversal of the breast revelation wasn't effective, the pacing dragged, and the reset button ending was terribly lame.
Overall, the series did not quite live up to my expectations from S2 E3, never achieving that same pitch of high-octane absurdity, but it was still silly enough often enough to be worth my time. Twenty stole the show whenever he was on screen; definitely its best asset.

Ultimadrago

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/RICK/RICK.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/RICK/SBR.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/RICK/EAD.gif[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

"[B]ED of the Year[/B]" needs to be a poll, just so that Rick's Bread can win.

Jex

it was pretty disappointing when compared to the source material (which is nothing to write home about either)

I don't really know anything about it, besides the fact that it's 'sakuga'. At least, that's what duckroll says.

Jex

[Un-Go] - 0

That...was the Un-Go'st experience I've had in weeks!

I don't know what to say about it, in all honesty. It's very Un-Go, for all that implies, except this time they actually delve into the set-up for the whole story. If you imagined this would involve things making more sense, you'd be wrong.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
One piece 544- am sure at this point the ocean in one piece is made up of manly tears

I like the whole soft water colour look this arc is going for in order to match oda vision in one of the FI arc artwork.

each arc has it's own look

is it me or does this area also remind of legend of zelda skyward sword water temple/ water dragons lair

I love this about most shounens they take you way from those blahh highschool setting or the nothingness of space and take you to these imaginative and interesting settings.

If only One Piece looked like that where I am now...

Sweet, Happy Birthday Yuno!

I'll be watching the start of your Hidamari Days very soon,
since I accidentally saw the third part first :S

All these impressions from Hidamari Sketch are really making we want to try out this series, it looks pretty fun.

Steroyd

Knight in the Area - 18

Not even Seven could bring me enough joy to this series.

Area no Kishi 18
tumblr_m3j6sxWi9j1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I wish they had explained terms better. I was confused on what the below top position is, isnt the below top, assuming the white line in the middle of the field the "top" the two players who are closest too it (forwards?), and the one below that a midfielder?

The terminology sure as hell pissed me off this episode more than it should have this episode, you'd think I'd get used to it.

"Below top" position is really called the Second Striker, not exactly a pure striker (who normal wears the number 10 shirt) but the one who commonly wears the number 9 shirt and always sits behind the striker scores goals and provides assists, more commonly used when teams employ the 4-5-1 formation.

Apparently today is Yuno's birthday.

http://i.imgur.com/Gpccd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/Charc/Anime/hidasketch11.jpg

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Moretsu Pirates 16-17

byW0L.jpg

Younger space loli > older space loli.

Things should get even more interesting next week,
this is the first "real" pirating they've done, and it's against a very powerful opponent.

And remember wonzo,
they said there wasn't going to be any romance!

Accel World 5

Wow. And here was I, thinking Takumu was a bro, when in reality he was an insect.

SO. SALTY.

The fighting in Brain Burst is such bullshit.
Silver Crow punches Cyan Pile a million times and he doesn't even take half of his health. Cyan Pile, on the other hand, hits him twice... And he's already almost dead, haha. I guess that's what you get when the protagonist in the series is supposed to be an underdog.

This episode established this show as one I view in a favorable way. People who haven't watched it pick on the bathroom scenes, but I really fail to see anything really bad about the series as a whole. The action is solid, the world is interesting, and the originally weak protagonist is already showing symptoms of character development and growth. And dat OST.
HOLY SHIT at the whole flying scene. So much hype because of that song.

Cyan Pile is a Lv 4, and the MC is still a LV 1 ( will be lv 2 soon ) .
Mc has a very high defense ( being a silver character ) , but cyan pile moves and speciality is to pierce these defenses ...

Did they even mention the special bar before this?

No.. They do mention the special moves before however ....

Articalys

So apparently the Steins;Gate movie is on track for a release this fall, though that does have people questioning what's up with White Fox seeing as they're already busy this year with the split cours of Jormungand.

On a related note, courtesy of MAL, here's the current list of anime films slated for theatrical release this year and their known release dates/seasons:
Blood-C: The Last Dark (Jun 2nd)
Toshokan Sensou: Kakumei no Tsubasa (Jun 16th)
Berserk Ougon Jidaihen II: Doldrey Kouryaku (Jun 23rd)
Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto Hen Part 2 (Jun 23rd)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 2nd A's (Jul 14th)
Pokemon Best Wishes!: Kyurem vs. Seikenshi (Jul 14th)
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki (Jul 21st)
Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 6 - Road to Ninja (Jul 28th)
Code Geass Gaiden: Boukoku no Akito (Aug 4th)
Fairy Tail Movie: Houou no Miko (Aug 18th)
Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning (September)
Fuse Teppou Musume no Torimonochou (October)
Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (Autumn)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Movies 1 & 2 (Autumn)
009 Re:Cyborg (Autumn)
Steins;Gate Movie (Autumn)
Gothicmade: Hana no Utame (Nov 1st)
One Piece Film Z (Dec 15th)
Berserk Ougon Jidaihen III: Kourin (Winter)

Only one or I guess two of those movies are coming to America in any fast timing, I guess (PKMN and Berserk, i think)

But what would a Steins Gate movie entail. After the special episode, I dont think there is anything else to be told in that universe.

Kagami

Oreimo 8

They've tempted me too far what with Justeen 8 playing in the background. This should have its own show too! I was surprised to see Kuroneko effectively stick up for Kirino. Maybe it was more a defense of artistic integrity.
Oh hey, someone else watching this.
I just finally got back to it myself.
Starting episode 7 now.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Could just be an edited recap movie using TV footage though. Maybe used as marketing to get people more excited for Robotics;Notes when it airs this Fall.

The Steins;Gate movie won't be a recap of the anime (in Spanish). It'll tell a "different story".

5pb.'s Chiyomaru Shikura said so in a livestream back in September. It was also said that the movie will not entail Suzuha's story (Boukan no Rebellion), nor the events of Hiyoku Renri no Darling.

duckroll

It's not a recap. Apparently the original writer for the game has revealed that much a while ago.
The Steins;Gate movie won't be a recap of the anime (in Spanish). It'll tell a "different story".

5pb.'s Chiyomaru Shikura said so in a livestream back in September. It was also said that the movie will not entail Suzuha's story (Boukan no Rebellion), nor the events of Hiyoku Renri no Darling.

Interesting. I wonder what they're planning to do with it. Maybe it'll be based on the 8-bit version of the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom