• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I would easily place Sailor Moon on a pedestal as possibly the greatest example of expressive facial animation in anime. It's the first thing that endeared me to the series, and I still can't stop noticing the sheer amount of variance in a single episode. I have to resist amassing dozens of screen captures because I'm constantly thinking "wow, what a great face". I don't know whether Takeuchi or the anime staff are responsible for the high level of expressiveness, but Sailor Moon is the ultimate proof that Western-style cartoon expressiveness and the fundamental design characteristics of anime do mix. Everything else just feels lazy now.
One of the reasons I liked Ojamajo Doremi so much was because it carried the baton on this. Maybe not to quite the same level, but well enough to be respectible in its own right.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sailor Moon S 97:

qm1vMl.jpg

Why is it that Ami episodes are always such downers? Her perfection seems to be a source of constant misery. I suppose that Ikuhara can't even find something positive to do with her character. Ami, forever her own worst enemy.

Sailor Moon S 98:

0jLA6l.jpg

I've said it, and I'll keep saying it: Haruka =
female Akio

MOTOCROSS. SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS.

I can't believe that the first serious incidence of non-monster-induced violence against a character in the show is at the hands of
some guy angry that he lost a motorcycle race to a girl
. Japan must think that every motorcyclist belongs to the Hell's Angels or something, hahahah.

In this episode, we also discover that Usagi's sense of smell is better than her sense of vision as, after weeks of not being able to tell that Uranus is Haruka in spite of their looking absolutely identical, she finally makes a connection based on Haruka's cologne! Great job.

Also,
sexy bondage back scratching.
And
meaningful stalactites
. S really is the best in the series.

Space Pirates 18

Fun times indeed. It's a bit odd that no1 noticed that the uncle boarded that ship (or bothered to give a heads up). Still... fun stuff.

Chiaki was MVP this episode. Was hilarious!

And that blush. It's perfect!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Upotte!! 05
So much better. The sadistic elf gun makes everything considerably less dull. I also actually appreciate the logic to most of the fights in this show. Medaka Box has had absolute shit logic, so when it explains the processes of its conflicts it is essentially verbal diarrhea. Upotte is actually pretty good about being smart with its absurdity.

Toriko 53

With the introduction of the hot spring, I wonder how they'll handle the (minor manga spoilers)
revelation that Melk the 2nd is a girl.
I'm expecting some mild censorship.

cajunator

Banned
Space Pirates 18

Fun times indeed. It's a bit odd that no1 noticed that the uncle boarded that ship (or bothered to give a heads up). Still... fun stuff.

Chiaki was MVP this episode. Was hilarious!

And that blush. It's perfect!

Indeed.
Chiaki is definitely god tier, but Marika is close and most other characters in this show are just as great.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 51
Hito was right

FwylT.jpg

dat pose

Well, as the first Ikuhara episode of R, this was a complete success. Usagi
lets go of her resolve to be just a normal highschool girl, and gets rewarded with a new transformation and moon stick!

RYtEv.jpg

The picnic scene was a very interestingly directed scene, Usagi is so mean to poor Rei, Rei never did anything to her :(

It's the time of the year for watching the :firehawk cherry blossoms, so the whole gang, including Sensei (does she even have a name? I can't remember), the new girl, and Umino head out for a picnic. Of course, things are never that simple, as a new youma, errrr, Cardian shows up. And of course it goes after Naru first. :(

Stop being mean to Naru, Ikuhara you sick bastard. :(

In rapid succession, Sensei and then all the Sailors except Sailor Moon are quickly caught by the youm-errr, Cardian.

Thus, it falls on the extremely trustworthy Sailor Moon to finish it off~ But her tiara still doesn't work, and now her level up jewel thingy breaks too! :(

ONfvK.jpg

Ikuharaaaaaaaaaaaa

The animation in this episode was really good, a clear step up from the average Sailor Moon episode

All it takes, though,
is a quick visit inside her soul to see Queen Serenity and get the Silver Crystal back, and she has a new transformation! Well, she also had to let go of her lingering regrets for a normal life. Poor Usagi. :(
Even then, Lawrence of Arabia still needs to show up to bail Sailor Moon out. :(

Well, I guess that takes care of the transition arc! Hopefully
the other Sailors get new transformations soon as well!

xgMg5.jpg

And then there was a happy yuri end for Sailor Moon and Ami~

Koroviev

Made it up to episode 19 of Mirai Nikki. I love Yuno's VA. Couldn't help but laugh at
"But when I came to my senses, I realized that they had died"

sonicmj1

Ah right. I was going to make my post before I caught up with the thread. Whatever.

Eureka 7 AO 4

I'm not sure how I feel about Elena Peoples' otakudom. That's her entire character at this point.

This episode had a good action setpiece, and I appreciated getting some more geopolitical knowledge about the current world of that show. It at least made the Okinawan situation a lot easier to figure out.

Fate/Zero 18

Great episode.

This was a really strong self-contained story. I like how it introduced the island and the situation over the opening credits, and
the tropical daytime scenery was an effective contrast for the darkness, flames and despair of the second half.

I didn't think of the contrast with Kirei's situation while I was watching, but I found it a really effective companion to Kiritsugu's actions in 16. That moment with Shirley in the chicken coop had a really strong impact on him. There's no room for compromises when it comes to fighting injustice. Deciding to kill his father is penance for his earlier hesitation as much as it is anything else. These two images draw our attention to the difference between the scenes.

I like the way the moment of the killing was edited. It enhances our surprise, and lets us see an immediate contrast between his rational and emotional sides. He doesn't quite know how to maintain the cool detachment he thinks he needs to feel yet.

I feel really sympathetic for him after this episode. I'm kind of curious what they'll cover next time.

Ultimadrago

Korra no Densetsu 5

"
I meant a girlfriend for meee! Leave some ladies for the rest of us!
"
- Bolin

One of the best quotes this season, also

Korra no Densetsu 5

N.gif
T.gif
R.gif

yyyyyyeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
In song:

So much delicious NTR!
NTR!
NTR!
So much delicious NTR!
All for me to eat!

Everybody now~!
(refrain)

Quite more entertaining than the last episode was.

Bolin's comedic scripting is getting better.

wonzo

Banned
Acchi Kocchi 5

This show can be charming at times but it's rather prosaic for the most part. *yawn* I don't really feel like dropping it but I can't exactly say I'm eagerly waiting for the next episode either.

Ultimadrago

Mysterious Girlfriend X 5

8jLOz.jpg

huuu-Yes!

Now we move onto
sweat.

MGX, an old man like me can't keep up with all this nasty, hip hoopla you youngin's are getting into now'a'days!

Ganguro Urabe?
A decent treat.

Tsubaki is still learning how to be a boyfriend and Urabe seems to be deciding on becoming more open to "giving" in their relationship.
This leads to "tan lines" fetish GET for Tsubaki.

All the episode built up to this event, so there's not much more on the content. Just a show of progress in this infant of a relationship. Not bad.

wonzo

Banned
you know where said:
On the subject of role players on Twitter. I have to say that these cunts are so uptight. If you’re playing a character (and not very good I might add) you should definitely expect people to message you asking for sex roleplays. I mean, if you don’t expect that then don’t roleplay that character you bonehead. I mean, I’m a really horny guy so is it so wrong that I want to speak to a character I love in a sexual and erotic way online? No, I don’t think so. I mean, if you roleplay you should be up for any kind of situation as that character.

They’re probably just fat men with nothing better to do anyway other than jerk off to the thought they’re roleplaying as Kuroneko or Nurse Joy or some faggot thing like that. I mean, I know how it is. I roleplay as young girls online and fap to that and then notify the authorities about the guy I just chatted with because he’s probably a lolicon.
a true inspiration for us all

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
4chan culture is the worst thing to happen to anime fandom.

There's no such thing as "4chan culture". It's just the web with terrible moderation. Imagine if for one week GAF had no mods and there were no repercussions for went on during that week. It would be madness.

Imagine if that week was E3 week.

Theonik

Yeah, great. :/

It's okay he is just roleplaying an idiot
Does that mean he should be OK if fans of certain unnamed anime characters messaged him for sex RP?
There's no such thing as "4chan culture". It's just the web with terrible moderation. Imagine if for one week GAF had no mods and there were no repercussions for went on during that week. It would be madness.

Imagine if that week was E3 week.
I'm sure I could trust you guys! Right? We wouldn't get to this level right?

cajunator

Banned
4 chan is a very friendly place to visit.
Of course, I only hang out in the /c/ section so maybe those folks just happen to be decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom