• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter x Hunter 30
tumblr_m3ko50kiRV1qfwde8o1_500.gif

It looked like Gon was dancing. But pretty terrible in the end. Gon always shows promise but then resorts to be awful
how in the world did he lose and take so much damage from Gido, who looks plain weak and against tops at that?!
. They need to put more focus on Killua.

This is an interesting training arc and I hope they make it last a bit longer. Kurapika's separate plot is fine as long as they continue to show Gon/Killua/and Megane niisan. Though they need to explain more on him, what is his motivation, a role beyond just training?

Everytime they say aura for nen, I keep thinking they should just say chakra.

Steroyd

Magical Witch Puni-chan - 1 & 2

Oh wow this was all kinds of amazing.

The vegetables Puni uses her magic on, who are her loyal servants to the bitter end... making curry.

aUnTL.gif

Potato-dono we'll never forget you. *salutes*

Wouldn't be a magical girl show without the bone fide cute mascot.

AXCWb.jpg

So how did they meet?

Well she went to the rough part of the mascot world.

sLGBd.jpg

HVOOB.jpg

And beat the crap out of their leader.

3pTYC.jpg

Hahaha loving it.

DiGiKerot

AKB0048 Episode 2
This episode introduces more new characters - a really annoying girl with no self confidence, a crazy genki ninja antics girl, and a quiet nerd girl who has the strangest voice.

Awww, I kind of liked the super-pessimist, no-self-confidence girl. Admittedly, I think it's because they ran it well passed the point where most other shows would have realised how annoying it would have been. Sometimes it pays off to throw moderation to the wind.

But, yeah, somehow they managed to one-up how incredibly stupid/amazing last weeks episode was, which is kind of amazing in itself. I can't imagine that, even with someone as bonkers as Kawamori at the helm, they'll be able to keep ramping it up like that on a week by week basis.

Yet, I'll keep watching until it stops being entertaining.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Fucking done with Fate/Stay Night (game is way too long!). Back to watching animu.

Acchi Kocchi 05:

Just what I needed after tons of melodrama. This show is like a warm bed and comforting pillow for my soul! The cuteness of this show is incredible, and I love it! ^_^ I loved the bit where Tsumiki doesn't want Io to grow any taller. (and I love how her reaction to getting flustered is biting Io's head. :D) The volleyball segment was fun, and the frisbee games were jolly entertaining!

And Tsumiki's bit at the end with the cats. So fucking adorable! :3

Kuroko no Basket 5

I wonder if they'll be an effect where the team in general gets better. With the talent Kagami and Kuroko bring to the court and the challenges ahead they would have to. The foreshadowing copy cat painted is possible but it's not like most NBA stars leave their team for not being as good. In those cases everyone gets better in certain aspects. I wonder how long until we get to know the rest of the bench. Kuroko also can't stay that fragile forever...I think. This show continue to deliver the entertainment.

HxH 30

So now it's Korpika's time now? Having not read the manga... the pacing and structure of this is pretty weird for your typical shounen jump thing.

Upotte 5

This wasn't so dirty!

oh.

OH.

Anyone get banned trying to post a gif of the 'passion'?

BTW: best legs of the season?

And wow. some of the faces and that ending... Shit is dark? I don't know what I think =/

And is Eru, the Oscar the grouch of the show? Shit on the old and busted kids!

Hiiro no Kakera 6
tumblr_m3m2gbIvKy1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Only one watching? They really make the fights and attacks look well. Mahiro with wind, and Takuma with fire and physical hits are the best looking. For Monado's side, the female mage had a good attack. Really need that Tamayori princess to awaken soon as it must be aggravating for Baba-sama to sit there as the artifacts she protected are taken one by one. Talisman attacks wre excellent.

CrazyDude

HxH 30

So now it's Korpika's time now? Having not read the manga... the pacing and structure of this is pretty weird for your typical shounen jump thing.

Upotte 5

This wasn't so dirty!

oh.

OH.

Anyone get banned trying to post a gif of the 'passion'?

BTW: best legs of the season?

And wow. some of the faces and that ending... Shit is dark? I don't know what I think =/

And is Eru, the Oscar the grouch of the show? Shit on the old and busted kids!
No, you won't see Kuripaka until later, and his training will be in the form of a flash back in the next arc.

Hunter x Hunter 30
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ko50kiRV1qfwde8o1_500.gif[img]

It looked like Gon was dancing. But pretty terrible in the end. Gon always shows promise but then resorts to be awful [spoiler]how in the world did he lose and take so much damage from Gido, who looks plain weak and against tops at that?![/spoiler]. They need to put more focus on Killua.

This is an interesting training arc and I hope they make it last a bit longer. Kurapika's separate plot is fine as long as they continue to show Gon/Killua/and Megane niisan. Though they need to explain more on him, what is his motivation, a role beyond just training?

Everytime they say aura for nen, I keep thinking they should just say chakra.[/QUOTE]

Actually looking weak is the problem ..with nen , you can look weak but be awesome ..the thing that matters is your hability and how well you can use it ... This arc is there to make you understand that i can garantee you'll enjoy the end of this arc ... As for what you wish don't worry it'll be there in way you won't expect at some point in the anime...

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
How does this new Hunter X Hunter adaptation compares to the old series and the OVAs?

I'm thinking of picking it up once most of this season's shows are done.

wtf is up the whole Nen thing?

It looks like the dudes are covered in Urabe's drool!

And is there a reason why Medaka box looks so budgeted? Gainax show with like no Gainax bounce? Is this show an 'endless' one? Gainax did stuff like Panty stocking and gurran lagan right? hmmm... budget cuts?

RurouniZel

Fate/Stay Karuta 01:

Quite the enjoyable parody. I guess it's because Chihayafuru was just a little while ago, but the Karuta segment of this episode really got me laughing! XD

Also, man is the F/SN version of Caster cute when she's not in the creepy outfit! XD

Carnival Phantasm OP:

I.... I was not prepared for this amount of AWESOME in 1:30!! o_O Now to watch the rest of the episode...

Yes. Go enjoy this.
Note the cardboard cutout of Assassin in the opening. Its even in the pic you posted. He's not even allowed to leave the Temple to join in in the opening!

How does this new Hunter X Hunter adaptation compares to the old series and the OVAs?

It's much faster paced and cuts out some filler, but that's the only positive. There's a ton of censorship, characters being gimped, intense/disturbing scenes being toned down. It's nice as a refresher if they get past where the OVAs left off (which is doubtful), but that's about it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Fate/Stay Karuta 01:

Quite the enjoyable parody. I guess it's because Chihayafuru was just a little while ago, but the Karuta segment of this episode really got me laughing! XD

(F/Z spoilz?)
Man, F/SN Kotomine's design looks like such ass compared to Zero's. I can't imagine Tokiomi and Kayneth looking as derp as Shirou and the other Stay Night dudes.

MGX 5

Wow. Them scissor tanlines. [redacted].

That is quite a swimsuit body anyhow. Besides Medaka... there really aren't much Main gals in the animus with decent bust (besides the perverted ones... but I guess this kinda falls in that category).

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
MGX 5

Wow. Them scissor tanlines. [redacted].

That is quite a swimsuit body anyhow. Besides Medaka... there really aren't much Main gals in the animus with decent bust (besides the perverted ones... but I guess this kinda falls in that category).

Clearly you haven't been keeping up on Sengoku Collection!

And Lupin

NOt having fillers is really nice , having some scenes treated roughly differently than before is a real minus ...

I hope they get to chimera arc at least ...
wtf is up the whole Nen thing?

It looks like the dudes are covered in Urabe's drool!

And is there a reason why Medaka box looks so budgeted? Gainax show with like no Gainax bounce? Is this show an 'endless' one? Gainax did stuff like Panty stocking and gurran lagan right? hmmm... budget cuts?

Nen is fine , i hope they will change the look of the aura when the MCs will be able to see it better and when the rest of the nen will be introduced..

Gainax hasn't really be a studio that stayed consitent during their series ... medaka box is no exception.. and the show is more than 26 eps planned so here it is..

survivor

Banned
Mysterious Girlfriend X 4

This drool thing is being shared with everyone. I'm worried about Urabe being too reckless and not doing this safely.

Oka is a nice girl and all. Don't know why Urabe was so stubborn at accepting her as a friend even after the special connection with the drool.

RurouniZel

Tsukihime Beach Volleyball 02:

Man, I really need to rewatch Tsukihime, it's been ages and I sadly only remember the basics of each of them. ;_; Nice to see them getting some beach volleyball love though. XD

Also, How to Build Sand Castles with Ren:

Lain

Kuroko no Basket 5

I wonder if they'll be an effect where the team in general gets better. With the talent Kagami and Kuroko bring to the court and the challenges ahead they would have to. The foreshadowing copy cat painted is possible but it's not like most NBA stars leave their team for not being as good. In those cases everyone gets better in certain aspects. I wonder how long until we get to know the rest of the bench. Kuroko also can't stay that fragile forever...I think. This show continue to deliver the entertainment.

I think the team has held well so far, which is promising for the future. They are more "normal" than the main 2, but when Kuroko was out of the game, the seniors showed that they can still hold their own and especially make some cool plays.

cajunator

Banned
Magical Witch Puni-chan - 1 & 2

Oh wow this was all kinds of amazing.

The vegetables Puni uses her magic on, who are her loyal servants to the bitter end... making curry.

aUnTL.gif

Potato-dono we'll never forget you. *salutes*

Wouldn't be a magical girl show without the bone fide cute mascot.

AXCWb.jpg

So how did they meet?

Well she went to the rough part of the mascot world.

sLGBd.jpg

HVOOB.jpg

And beat the crap out of their leader.

3pTYC.jpg

Hahaha loving it.

TOLD YOU :)

It's so short but its just amazing.
Well worth the purchase.

Lain

Where did you get those? Are they all movies? I see a collection opportunity.

Bought 1 DVD each week as it came out bundled with a newspaper, sort of cheap but I wanted to make that image when lining all the DVDs (re-bought a couple movies I already own just for that). It's a collection of almost all the specials/ova/movies, only missing the last 3 specials (Lupin the 3rd vs Detective Conan, The Last Job, Blood Seal - Eternal Mermaid).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
10 min in to episode 5....awkward
So lovely and delicious!
----
I'm still surprised at the music cues that Saki brings in from the original. I mean, it makes sense, but for a spin-off/side-quel that is a few years after the original, I didn't expect them to even use those references.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Magical Witch Puni-chan 1&2

Gk53w.jpg

dGBQ8a5HJooPN.gif

whatthefuckamIwatching

w0FMd.jpg

Potato-dono will live on in my heart~

8iFrB.jpg

jnB3L.jpg

So that's where mascots come from.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
SSO Episode 4

Ryuho is such an asshole, there were a million ways for his plan to go wrong.

I liked this episode quite a bit even though the ending made my blood boil, Kouga should have given Ryuho a punch at the end.

Ultimadrago

Space Brothers 6

F36Ro.jpg

Samurai Boy dance! Hoo! Ha!

Still a nice show due to the ease of understanding Mutta and his inner struggle as he hopelessly sees his younger brother surpass him in about every aspect he can think up. To only make matters more strange unto him, his brother used to rely on him in the past, all while being a goofball.

Now people look up to Hibito, while he seems to have little need for his brother. However, Hibito shows time and time again that this assumption is not true. It was shown in a humorous fashion when
he told people how great his older brother was over national television. Poor Mutto so embarrassed.
Good thing Apo is there to give him some lovin'!

Anyhow, had a nice time with it as usual.

Fate/Zero 18
That was a really good episode. Not much more I can say without repeating what everyone already said.

Vampires everywhere!

NOt having fillers is really nice , having some scenes treated roughly differently than before is a real minus ...

I hope they get to chimera arc...

I doubt it's happening. They'd have to censor a lot more than they are now.

Gainax hasn't really be a studio that stayed consitent during their series ... medaka box is no exception.. and the show is more than 26 eps planned so here it is..

Where did you hear this? Everyone is saying 12.

cajunator

Banned
Space Brothers 6

Still a nice show due to the ease of understanding Mutta and his inner struggle as he hopelessly sees his younger brother surpass him in about every aspect he can think up. To only make matters more strange unto him, his brother used to rely on him in the past, all while being a goofball.

Now people look up to Hibito, while he seems to have little need for his brother. However, Hibito shows time and time again that this assumption is not true. It was shown in a humorous fashion when
he told people how great his older brother was over national television. Poor Mutto so embarrassed.
Good thing Apo is there to give him some lovin'!

Anyhow, had a nice time with it as usual.

The character building in this show is just incredible. Its the feel-good series of the season for sure. As much as I love my Cute, I love heartwarming stories even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom