• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

VyEar.jpg
Is that you cajun?

Q8D3vil

i know its not related by i just finished legend of galactic heroes and i want to express how great it was, must watch if you like space opera.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Watch a NicoNico live stream of an anime con if you want to see the true face of modern anime fandom.

cajunator

Banned
Ive been to a few local cons. I remember the con staff randomly spraying air freshener down the hallways. Fun folks but occasionally frightening.
Of course I was walking around with a plushie metroid on my head and cat ears so I cant say too much about other people.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ignorance is bliss. Or [REDACTED] in this case.

I usually find the ignorance comes from people who assume 4chan = /b/ = V for Vendetta wearing Anonymous nincompoops.

Anyone who bothers to visit the site and uses any of the other board will find that that is not the case.

I usually find the ignorance comes from people who assume 4chan = /b/ = V for Vendetta wearing Anonymous nincompoops.

Anyone who bothers to visit the site and uses any of the other board will find that that is not the case.
I've spent a fair amount of time on /a/ and /tg/. They certainly weren't the hell on Earth that is /b/(presumably -- I've only poked my head in there once or twice), but that's not setting the bar very high.

tiff

Banned
I've spent a fair amount of time on /a/ and /tg/. They certainly weren't the hell on Earth that is /b/(presumably -- I've only poked my head in there once or twice), but that's not setting the bar very high.
It completely depends on the board and sometimes even the thread. Some are filled with assholes, some draw in a much more helpful community.

The ones who paint the entire site with a broad brush are the ones who have no idea what they're talking about.

Risette

A Good Citizen

I'm not talking about /b/ either. Both /a/ and /v/ are total shitholes as well. I've been there and have no desire to revisit them.

Maybe they are less shithole-y than /b/ but they are still shitholes. And the other boards are too specific, inactive, or uninteresting to care about.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not talking about /b/ either. Both /a/ and /v/ are total shitholes as well. I've been there and have no desire to revisit them.

Maybe they are less shithole-y than /b/ but they are still shitholes. And the other boards are too specific, inactive, or uninteresting to care about.

the yuri and cute boards are fantastic. WTF are you babbling on about?

It completely depends on the board and sometimes even the thread. Some are filled with assholes, some draw in a much more helpful community.

The ones who paint the entire site with a broad brush are the ones who have no idea what they're talking about.
Don't get me wrong. I had some good times on the two boards that I used to frequent. But you have to wade through a ton of shit to get to the good bits.

duckroll

And thus the mystery is solved. I was wondering why all the girls had
"[x] generation <name>" name formats, except Mayuyu was "3rd generation model Mayuyu" lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

/a/ and /v/ aren't even remotely similar. /a/ is just full of arseholes who hate people who don't follow the rules.

Also like tiff said, it will always boil down to the thread you're posting in.

Gundam 00 s2 13-25

8 / 10. Compared to other gundams (well the other two Im watching), this one lacks
main character turmoil over friendship, Setsuna just seemed to have to fave internal conflict with reformation and justice, so I didnt like that too much.
I prefer this season more than the first one. Setsuna was pretty cool
especially when he became a purebreed innovator?
, Saji Crossroad, Ribbons Almarck was fun too. 00 Raiser is the best gundam to ever exist. I felt that the action got a bit hectic in the end there
the suicide mobile suit clones seemed to just become blurs in the closing episodes in that heavy assault. Though the action was pretty welcome. I was always mindblown whenever 00 would quantize, how was that even possible?

The best episodes were those around the
Momento mori (both times) and the Orbital Elevator and its near collapse and purging, enjoyed everyone working together as well as the moments leading up to it and swiftly there after.

On the set itself, wish Bandai had put more than just three episodes on each dvd disc, dont understand how a disc has space for only three episodes.

Ultimadrago

Lupin III: A Woman named Fujiko Mine 5

So some pyramid adventures for a younger Lupin and Jigen. A sound idea for an episode. It allowed Jigen and Lupin to be introduced and play off each other a bit.

I was bothered by the
sandpit part because of the lack of urgency.
Yes, these are dangerous men, but I'm sure they didn't want to die in some pyramid. Meanwhile, Fujiko is running her mouth. I wish there was more Lupin/Jigen action throughout, but it flat lines a bit after the half-way point.

That said, I still like it more than the last episode, if for any other reason because it gave Jigen and Lupin more screentime. 5th episode and Fujiko is still flat in her execution as ever (well, tits aside).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's not the way big breats work.

I think it was being pointed out that someone on another site had used [REDACTED] instead of HNNNNNNNG, possibly meaning that the blogger was an AnimeGAF member who forgot to stop using our special lingo elsewhere.

Or it could have just been about the tits, I really don't know now.

BluWacky

I think it was being pointed out that someone on another site had used [REDACTED] instead of HNNNNNNNG, possibly meaning that the blogger was an AnimeGAF member who forgot to stop using our special lingo elsewhere.

Or it could have just been about the tits, I really don't know now.

I rather thought he was referring to the "shounen action" part of the series, rather than anything moe. The comments would certainly bear that out.

I'm preeeetty sure Kurogane doesn't post in here; AnimeGAF is hardly a huge part of internet fandom.

You can put 4 episode on a dvd if you sacrificea litte l quality and remove unnecessary ads...
how are they on that regard ?

It just seems odd considering Viz can get five episodes on a disc (well no features), funimation gets 7 or 8, and then Bandai gets three, though there were special features on each disc. Quality wise looked standard 720p or so I guess and no ads.

Ginga e Kickoff 4
tumblr_m3ly3kZPwJ1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Enjoy how Kota never actually speaks his mind but gets his brother to say stuff. So anxious to see the team take off once its formed.

duckroll

AKB0048 Episode 2

This show is really kinda crazy. It's literally a AKB48 fan vehicle but done with such.... audacity that it actually starts to feel enjoyable in its own right. Kawamori has some strong drugs at Satelite, that's for sure. This episode introduces more new characters - a really annoying girl with no self confidence, a crazy genki ninja antics girl, and a quiet nerd girl who has the strangest voice. All the characters are different and unique, and they're all totally weird. Yes, there is also more action, more singing, more idols, more robots, and a deep philosophical conversation about what being an AKB idol really means! Drama, tension, action, mystery, music! This show continues to have it all!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I rather thought he was referring to the "shounen action" part of the series, rather than anything moe. The comments would certainly bear that out.

I'm preeeetty sure Kurogane doesn't post in here; AnimeGAF is hardly a huge part of internet fandom.

I really should have looked at the site itself instead of relying on the screencap, apparently. I have zero familiarity with the anime blogging scene, so I honestly don't know who among us (if anyone) maintains some kind of blog on the side of posting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom