• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuroko's Basketball 6
tumblr_m3xdyfQC6F1qae592o1_500.gif

This is Japanese Lunch Time Rush was pretty funny for the first half. The actual game was fun though I would have wanted more of the offensive action with Kuroko and Kagami teaming up . Still they just need to get to the next game since games lacking generations of miracles may prove to pale in comparison to ones with them.

Poor Kuroko and his team laughing when Dad picked him up

cajunator

Banned
lol

how did keion steal "A-1's style"

the "chubby look" of the body design, plus the overall way the face/head is designed. But like I said its a subtle art style to begin with and not worth copying.
This reminds me of how anime started out by cribbing Disney animation ideas and then when Disney stole stuff from Kimba, people cried foul. Industry competition IS serious business.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Just a couple of blobs:

anime.sorami.kanata.hirasawa.yui.jpg

Oh no, they both have eyes and a mouth, they're totally the same!

Seriously, you're being so obtuse at this point I'm just going to drop this argument.

I know you aren't being serious, but I was trying to be serious. :( How can I be serious when no one takes my arguments seriously though. :( Seriously, it's no fun.

One Piece 12

This episode really ruined all my good will garnered from ep 11.
Stupid luffy antics, they made Zoro really dumb :(, Nami is really annoying, Ussop is a dumbass...

Kuroko's Basketball 6
tumblr_m3xdyfQC6F1qae592o1_500.gif

This is Japanese Lunch Time Rush was pretty funny for the first half. The actual game was fun though I would have wanted more of the offensive action with Kuroko and Kagami teaming up . Still they just need to get to the next game since games lacking generations of miracles may prove to pale in comparison to ones with them.

Poor Kuroko and his team laughing when Dad picked him up

Indeed it does seem like Ginga, these folks know where to put their 'limited' budget. Decent animation of plays.

And the soundtrack is surprisingly great. DEM DROPS.

cajunator

Banned
Fate Zero 19

We see more of the backstory of Kerrytugu.

Being
raised by the assassin Natalia
, he's had a messed up life.
She has become not unlike a mother to him, only not really. More like a close teacher.
When Natalia hijacked that plane to get that weird mage guy, it was definitely too easy.
Knew something was going to happen.
why Kerry, why?
But of course
you can't land a plane full of zombies without repercussions.
Kerry did what he had to do.
These past couple of episodes have actually made me sympathetic towards Kuritsugu and they explain pretty well why he's so fucked up. This show keeps delivering.

Speaking of Kannagi, is that worth watching?

I've been looking for a decent anime to scratch that RomCom itch.

I think its a pretty decent little show, but its yet another example of why you dont want to be friendzone girl.
The animation is pretty good overall but its really nothing special. A cute harem romcom that doesnt go overboard. I just get mad when people overlook A-1's style and just assume that K-on invented that particular moeblob look.

Lain

Kuroko's Basketball 6

The Japanese Lunch Rush was funny, especially when they tried to crowd surf.
Second part looked a little bit lazy initially, but it was good overall. Seeing Kuroko annoyed is nice, though his expression didn't change much.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Tsuritama 5 - Lovely episode this week, great sense of mood and some much-needed character development on part of Yuki. That said, the pacing is feeling a little problematic at this point, 5-episodes in and it still feels like it's in the awkward set-up phrase of the story, previous Nakamura shows didn't really have this problem as Trapeze was episodic and Mononoke had 2-3 episode arcs. Maybe he isn't that experienced in pacing series-long narratives, as [C] somewhat had this same problem, although unlike [C] the atmosphere and art direction is strong enough to drive this kind of deliberate pacing.

Also I just noticed the fishing store in this show is called "Hemingway" man it would be pretty epic if this was basically the anime version of the "Old man and the sea" in fact both works are pretty similar anyway; in that they manage to portray a mundane activity like fishing in a engaging way!

Speaking of Kannagi, is that worth watching?

I've been looking for a decent anime to scratch that RomCom itch.
It's worth watching for the two "good" episodes of the series.

What in the world is "A-1 style"? A-1 doesn't have a style; it all depends on the staff working on that particular project, since they don't have a strong internal culture.

Kannagi was directed by a KyoAni reject anyway.

Tsuritama 5 - Lovely episode this week, great sense of mood and some much-needed character development on part of Yuki. That said, the pacing is feeling a little problematic at this point, 5-episodes in and it still feels like it's in the awkward set-up phrase of the story, previous Nakamura shows didn't really have this problem as Trapeze was episodic and Mononoke had 2-3 episode arcs. Maybe he isn't that experienced in pacing series-long narratives, as [C] somewhat had this same problem, although unlike [C] the atmosphere and art direction is strong enough to drive this kind of deliberate pacing.

I can't really agree with this complaint. It's only valid if you view the character development as almost throwaway material which has to be sat through before the show gets to the "real" story of aliens and saving the world and such, but that doesn't seem a proper evaluation. Tsuritama so far has been the story of Yuki and company gradually learning to get past their personal flaws and learn to relate to others through the medium of fishing, and that story has been well-paced, with each episode making steady growth towards the goal of full interrational integration. You have to accept the show as a character-focused narrative, instead of a plot-driven one.

That said, it has been setting up elements for an endgame, which I could foresee being awkward if the character development is not properly integrated into it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ginga E Kickoff 1

I've been holding off on this one for a while because quite frankly it looked boring. Now that I've actually watched it, it was actually pretty fun. There's a bit of Shonen Haato power ups and "I SEE THROUGH YOUR PLAN" unfortunately (I mean, I'm nowhere near pro level and even I don't start all my feints in the same way when I play), but the characters are reasonably likeable even if I don't share Firehawk's obsession with Kobayashi, there's the nice progressive message about how girls can play too, a goal to strive for, etc. I think I'll stick with this one for a few more episodes at least.

Makoto

Stuff like this makes me wonder if there's some dire shortage of lighting experts in Japan. Why does every scene look like it was shot in the middle of a cloudy afternoon? I'm not asking them to emulate the anime but there are some basic cinematography techniques you gotta nail down before you even think about filming a horror movie. So much about this looks excruciatingly amateur.

Fate/Zero 19

I realized about halfway through the episode that I remember virtually nothing that happened in this show prior to episode 18. I've been kind of drifting in and out of paying attention this whole show and this episode was no different (though I did like the ending with
Kerry with the rocket launcher and the seagulls
). I don't really want to watch this anymore, but I feel like I've come too far to drop it. I'd honestly rather just finish F/SN and check out UBW.

Guess I got caught up in duckroll hype, but it only seems to work for me if he ends up hating the show. Ah well, I'll see how I feel next week and determine then whether to continue or not.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Also...

Did they just give away who Amon is?

Misdirection? Red herring?

Sorry, Envelope, you know I love ya and all, but...

You're on your own here.

So what you're saying here is that my subtle prodding to get more people to watch Precure isn't quite subtle enough?

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom