• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Mai-Hime 14-19

So the first danger for these girls has been defeated, and out comes some truth. Shady people revealed themselves to be shady, which wasn't surprising. What was surprising instead was that Mai could be such a big moron. Didn't expect her to be such a bitch to Mikoto and the whole Tate stuff, it still seems laughable to me.

duckroll

As I just mentioned in the Gundam thread, Gundam Unicorn is now officially 7 volumes long. Vol6 will be released in Spring 2013, and Vol7 is not yet dated but will run for over an hour. Longest episode yet.

wonzo

Banned
Folktales from Japan 7

folktales7.jpg
folktales7a.jpg
folktales7b.jpg

a fish waifu, a swamp snail baby and something about lying to liars. this show really does have something for everyone

Dresden

fate/zero - 18

I need some time to gather my thoughts. Reflect on things.

But fuck, dudes.

That was the best thing I watched all season.

Steroyd

Upotte - 06

Lolz they cranked up the Yuri... to almost Infinite Stratos levels.

And there was a lot of dirty talk to, it's like some limiter has been released and it's full steam ahead.

Dresden

fate/zero - 19

Fucking masterful.

At this point it's clear where it's heading and it won't be a shock, but this is a story that doesn't need it (as a prequel it always was never in doubt as to where it was heading, anyways). I have no doubt it'll be excellent.

cajunator

Banned
Denpa Onna OP has been stuck in my head ever since someone posted it here. Argh

Maybe I should watch the anime

Yes, you should.

I tried to warm you back when you started watching. Then again, no-one heeds my warnings. Like, ever.

Everybody knows your warnings are actually invitations.

Now you know why I never recommended Gosick to anyone! But still voted for Victorique in Saimoe! :D

Cute is cute even when accompanied by a terrible show.

Intelligent people can like stupid things

I like very stupid shows. I also suppose I could pass as intelligent, on a good day at least.

GgoR0.jpg

Saw this posted on a certain website and . . . she doesn't look that psychopathic to me! I'm disappointed.

What show?

Ultimadrago

MGX has been pretty flat though. I wonder why they bothered with the drool hook in the first place.

Agreed (not having seen 6 yet). MGX hasn't really done anything interesting (
does not consider magic drool "interesting"
). I wouldn't even call it consistently enjoyable, it's consistently average.
And it deals with the drool hook because the manga deals with the drool hook, silly!

For Fujiko:
2>6=1>5>3>>>>>4

Good.

For FF:
VI>IX>V>IV>XII>>>>>>>XIII>VII
Dealwithit.gif

Hmmmm...
Hmmmm...

Bad!

Cwarrior

Fujiko ep5

While I didn't really like the action scenes since there were a bit too difficult to make out in the darkness, overall I quite liked this episode thanks to the whole peacock riddles, the last one with the red peacock was pretty good.

2 > 1 > 5 > 4 > 3 so far for me.

I couldn't agree more.

None of the episode have been bad so far just some meh in there but mostly mid tier type stuff, it's been pretty consistent but nothing outside of ep2 has been great.

Whoever did episode 2 needs to do more episodes.

Grzi

As I just mentioned in the Gundam thread, Gundam Unicorn is now officially 7 volumes long. Vol6 will be released in Spring 2013, and Vol7 is not yet dated but will run for over an hour. Longest episode yet.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now I have to wait even longer to start watching. FUCK.

Aw man, guess I'll have to watch the episodes that are out so far and wait for the rest. And I really wanted to avoid that.

wonzo

Banned
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 5

This was a pretty enjoyable ep best watched with a dusted off pair of yuri goggles! The incredibly SHAFT as fuck aesthetic really helps in keeping this show very engaging to watch. The past few eps have done a pretty good job of washing away the bad after-taste left from the first episode.

Dresden

The always somewhat meaningless but fun to titter about amazon preorder rankings (for current shows):

***,*53位/***,*51位 ★ (**3,041 pt) [*,*11予約] 12/06/22 12/04 Eureka Seven AO 1 [Blu-ray]
***,*65位/***,*62位 ★ (**1,052 pt) [*,**3予約] 12/06/27 12/04 AKB0048 VOL.1 [Blu-ray]
***,*66位/***,*67位 ★ (**2,395 pt) [*,*17予約] 12/06/29 12/04 Hyouka 1 [Blu-ray]
***,*77位/***,*82位 ★ (**5,629 pt) [*,377予約] 12/06/22 12/04 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san 1 [Blu-ray]
***,179位/***,167位 ★ (**2,558 pt) [*,*46予約] 12/07/25 12/04 Accel World 1 [Blu-ray]
***,211位/***,216位 ★ (**1,310 pt) [*,*82予約] 12/06/20 12/04 Saki Achiga-hen episode of side-A 1 [Blu-ray]
***,219位/***,244位 ★ (***,490 pt) [*,*37予約] 12/06/27 12/04 Mysterious Girlfriend X 1(Blu-ray Disc)
***,238位/***,251位 ★ (***,762 pt) [*,**8予約] 12/06/29 12/04 Sankarea 1 [Blu-ray]
***,304位/***,325位 ★ (***,540 pt) [*,**3予約] 12/07/27 12/04 Kuroko no Basket 1 [Blu-ray]
***,325位/***,289位 ★ (***,981 pt) [*,*56予約] 12/06/27 12/04 Jormungand 1 [Blu-ray]
***,327位/***,364位 ★ (***,525 pt) [*,**4予約] 12/07/27 12/04 Sakamichi no Apollon 1 Blu-ray

***,389位/***,367位 ◎ (**3,919 pt) [*,102予約] 12/06/22 12/01 Black★Rock Shooter Blu-rayBOX
***,411位/***,381位 ★ (**1,555 pt) [*,*10予約] 12/05/25 12/04 Kore Wa Zombie S2 [Blu-ray]
***,425位/***,398位 ★ (***,166 pt) [*,**1予約] 12/06/06 12/04 Sengoku Collection Vol.01 [Blu-ray]
***,570位/***,523位 ★ (**1,256 pt) [*,**8予約] 12/06/27 12/04 Queens Blade Rebellion Vol.1 [Blu-ray]
***,715位/***,654位 ★ (***,741 pt) [*,*15予約] 12/06/27 12/04 Dusk Maiden of Amnesia [Blu-ray]
***,766位/***,694位 ★ (***,485 pt) [*,**4予約] 12/06/06 12/04 Acchi Kocchi 1 [Blu-ray]
**1,035位/***,925位 ★ (***,410 pt) [*,*20予約] 12/07/27 12/04 Upotte!! Blu-ray 第1巻
**1,302位/**1,182位 ★ (***,475 pt) [*,**4予約] 12/06/22 12/04 「ZETMAN」Vol.1 Blu-ray

**1,704位/**1,552位 ★ (***,228 pt) [*,**0予約] 12/08/24 12/04 Saint Seiya Omega 1 [Blu-ray]
**3,069位/**2,812位 ★ (***,307 pt) [*,**3予約] 12/06/22 12/04 Hiiro no Kakera 1 [Blu-ray]
**3,756位/**3,492位 ★ (***,269 pt) [*,**3予約] 12/07/27 12/04 Shining Hearts 1 [Blu-ray]
**4,145位/**3,861位 ★ (***,438 pt) [*,**6予約] 12/07/25 12/04 Medaka Box 1 [Blu-ray]
*11,746位/*11,399位 ◎ (***,*83 pt) [*,**0予約] 12/09/26 12/04 Space Brothers Blu-ray DISC BOX 1
*13,716位/*12,978位 ★ (***,*84 pt) [*,**0予約] 12/06/22 12/01 Black★Rock Shooter Blu-ray 1
122,072位/121,981位 ★ (***,*16 pt) [*,**0予約] 12/06/27 12/04 Kimi to Boku S2 1 [Blu-ray]
162,078位/161,989位 ★ (***,*11 pt) [*,**0予約] 12/06/27 12/04 Natsuiro Kiseki 1 [Blu-ray]

cajunator

Banned
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 5

This was a pretty enjoyable ep best watched with a dusted off pair of yuri goggles! The incredibly SHAFT as fuck aesthetic really helps in keeping this show very engaging to watch. The past few eps have done a pretty good job of washing away the bad after-taste left from the first episode.

Yeah Dusk Maiden seems to make up for lack of Shaft this season, along with Sankarea somewhat.

And OH LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL :D :D :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Bit of a slowpoke moment here, but I just noticed this during the Feels So Moon OP. Why didn't they flip that set square over? Why? Who wants a rocket with wonky fins?

Also I noticed for the first time that one of the other "rockets" is a banana.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
We need more Nadeshiko Japan instead. :mad:

100% agreed. Far more interesting character than Kakeru is. :mad:

So it's bearable then.

Since when have you been working for Pun-GAF?

I'm still waiting for there to be a Fate/Zero episode that features a young Shirou (the way we've had young Rin), so that I can make a pun of my own. Fate/Shirou! *ba dum tish*

*crickets*

Yeah, I suppose so. For me, the most consistently good show this year is still AnoNatsu. lol

*high five* Still my best show of the year. ^_^

I'm ashamed to say I haven't started that one yet.

Don't be ashamed, besides the cute girls there's not much else going for it.

One Piece 546
tumblr_m3m6y6iOvm1rpjp69o4_500.jpg

Feels like weve been in this flashback arc for the whole year. Oh well Otohime was nice. Powerful episode
tears when she was so joyous at getting the letters then so many tears during the ending sequence :/

cajunator

Banned
100% agreed. Far more interesting character than Kakeru is. :mad:

I'm still waiting for there to be a Fate/Zero episode that features a young Shirou (the way we've had young Rin), so that I can make a pun of my own. Fate/Shirou! *ba dum tish*

*crickets*

*high five* Still my best show of the year. ^_^

Don't be ashamed, besides the cute girls there's not much else going for it.

Catgirl Kanna is still best girl.

Lemon however is best character.

Hunter x Hunter 31
tumblr_m3y6uas3NU1rulvqeo2_500.gif

I still love the way attack names flash up on the screen in combat. Nice feature that other anime ought to adopt. Kind of wish there was a bit more originality though,
shadow clone jutsu in my hxh? Why?
But the main thing is that we finally get an actual real full fledged fight!
No way Kastro can win and if Kastro is struggling with Hisoka then there is absolutely no way Gon can defeat Hisoka anytime soon. Its almost equivalent to Naruto v Lord Orochimaru, he would never be able to win.

Censoring is still questionable, the anime can show blood but they revert back to gold reishi particles?

Theonik

The End of Evangelion
It's been a while since I've seen anything evangelion and I remembered that while I had seen the original series I just had to see this and have been putting it off for way too long.
Wow, just wow. I expected this to make at least a bit more sense than the ending of the series but no.Shinji is so fucked up*NSFW* not that this is something unexpected based on the fact that well ALL the Eva pilots are fucked up in one way or another and Shinji already had his own "I am so useless" shtick in here as well which this time caused
Misato's death, but not before she promised to bone Shinji after the battle was done, after an equally awkward exchange, mind you she was dying at the time so it is unsure if she planned to follow through

Seeing as this is evangelion there is no shortage of disturbing imagery in general either, I will refrain from taking shots due to the huge amount of genetalia present as well as generally being spoilery
Like the giant nude Rei's or how everyone just popped out of existence, or more accuratly into some sort of immaterial collective to be more accurate

So if I understand the ending correctly,
Shinji recreated the world after realising that what he thought was a perfect world was not all that he thought it would be after the events of the third impact took place. The council was planning to cause the third impact all along and mislead the goverment to believe it was all Nerv's doing so they attacked Nerv.

Overal it was very good although confusing and I regret not rewatching the original series before jumping into this one. Wish I could have done a better write-up really.

Hmmmm...
Hmmmm...

Bad!
Heh, I knew my FF list would be considered controversial hence the spoilered bit. but I stand behind it.

trejo

I haven't really kept up with much of anything lately so I figure it's high time I trim the fat off this season and figure out what I actually plan to keep up with.

Will definitely keep watching:

Korra no Densetsu - Because it's the best show of the season.
Sorry Hosanna, you know I had to.
Eureka7 AO - Because Bones cycle got me again.
Space Bros - Because it's a legit good show.
Fate/Zero - Because motherfucking Rider.
Kids on the Slope - Because it has great music and nice characters.

Will keep watching for now:

Tsuritama - Because although I've found myself liking it less than most it's still an entertaining albeit ugly watch.
Hyouka - Because dem eyes. This thing is boring as all get out but no one can deny that it is very pretty to look at.
Sankarea - Because the premise still holds some interest for me even if everything else has taken a nosedive going by some accounts.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia - Because it has surprisingly come into its own after that dreadful first episode.
MGX - Because I want to see what sorts of nasty fetishes they can come up with next. The risk here being that I might pick some up along the way.
Korean Zombie Desk Car of the Dead Because it hasn't quite gone to shit yet although I fully expect it to sooner or later.
AKB0048 Because there's still so much more to learn from the mountain.
KoikeLupin - Because I still need to watch at least the first episode.

Dropped:

Saintcatch Seiyacure - Because it's not at all what I wanted out of a new Saint Seiya but I might get back into it later.
Zetman - Because while I like the way it looks and the occasional nifty sakuga is appreciated that's pretty much all it has going for it as the story and characters do absolutely nothing for me.
Accel World - Because, toilet antics aside, the continuing adventures of self-deprecating Cartman and his merry band of haremettes are not enough to keep me interested.
Nyaruko - Because apparently unlike some of you I don't find the constant vomiting of references all over the place to be hilarious at all. The Lovecraft shit has worn itself out anyway so there's really not much point to keep watching anymore.
Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth - Because it's stupid unfunny shit and worse of all, it's stupid unfunny shit that goes on for way too long.
Polar Bear Café - Because while not actually a bad show per se it's just not for me.
Acchi Kocchi - Because I find its brand of extreme saccharine sweetness somewhat repulsive.

Super duper ultra dropped to the max:

Jormungand - Because it feels like a poor man's version of Black Lagoon. Also it's unbearably ugly as hell.
Medaka Box - Because there was nothing there to warrant a wait for the much acclaimed genre switch which may or may not even happen anyway.
Rick's Bread - Because why waste my time watching this when all the nutritious innuendo can be consumed here instead? The people who do put up with it are providing a very important service to the community and their efforts are appreciated.
Natsuiro Kiseki - Because I didn't like how the girls stole so much screentime from that sexy rock.
Sengoku Collection - Because no.
Upotte - Because the way Doomed1 put it I got the feeling I'm not allowed to watch this unless I can properly take into account the refined intricacies of anthropomorphised loli gun moe as well as its deep, rich educational value and potential in order to give the subject matter the proper respect it deserves so I'll just say the show is shit and call it a day.

Now that that's done maybe I can actually watch some stuff and get up to speed at some point in the future.

Steroyd

Space Brothers - 07

Mu too busy looking at his brother, to notice his own ability, I wish I had his multitasking ability, would make today more efficient.

Mysterious Girlfriend X - 06

Slowly but surely this drool thing is starting to turn into a fetish, and I thought anime couldn't corrupt me anymore than it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom