• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a shame that the VN is probably going to end up having better animation than this. I'm surprised they didn't show any BETA in the preview, I wonder if this is going to be all school training stuff.
Since that isn't just plain Muv-Luv Alternative I can honestly not give two shits about it.

It also needs more JAM Project: http://youtu.be/Rhg1skc-Cg0?t=7s
I prefer this version of that song.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I prefer this version of that song.

I can't stop laughing.
P1oFu.jpg

panda21

someone posted a thread a while ago about some insane anime movie that was full of crazy imagery and didnt really make any sense. i tried searching for it but i cant find it anywhere.

anyone care to guess what it was?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Looks like tripe.

"Looks like tripe" - bad.

Also F/Z 20 - good. Every time a vehicle is on screen I have to pause and examine to see if it looks as bad as the CG truck from the kerry episode.

someone posted a thread a while ago about some insane anime movie that was full of crazy imagery and didnt really make any sense. i tried searching for it but i cant find it anywhere.

Something popular? Paprika maybe? Really general description but maybe someone can guess.

cajunator

Banned

Pick one.

Redline
Mindgame
Cat soup
Paprika
Dead Leaves

Jex

I just find it incredibly hard to believe that something as pandering as Rei could be created unintentionally.

You have to try and remember that like, once, there weren't millions of emotionless girls with eye patches and bandages. No, really, like it wasn't a thing at all.

I understand that is hard to believe, but it's true. I really do think that Anno believed that the audience would find Rei disturbing - witness how Shinji reacts to her later on in the series. He's terrified of her because she might be a representative of, in Freudian terms, 'the uncanny'. You don't really need to care or believe about Freud's theories but you can be sure that Anno is aware of them, I mean he even named a character 'Jung Freud'!

cajunator

Banned
Dammit. *un-pre-orders till proven otherwise*

This is one of the problems I have encountered before, and its pretty unfortunate.
In some cases the Blurays look WORSE than the DVD release. how the fuck this is even possible I have no idea. that's why I mainly buy the Blurays for durability reasons.

Steroyd

Hunter x Hunter - 32

3c0sK.jpg

This seems to imply there was blood, funny thing is that there were severed limbs flying all over the place.

I guess this is first time, the different take on censorship allowed them to show more in a one step forward, two steps back kind of thing, this episode might be a very good inlook as to how the arc after the arc where the orignal series ended might feasibly pan out, assuming they're adapting to that point.

Cwarrior

Really, the concept of any shounen jump title having good pacing is nearly unfathomable.

If your able to live through fate zero pacing issues then the big 3 wouldn't phase you, there's a lot less time spent on irrelevant banter and dragged out conversation that are there as padding to kill the run time.

Hunter x Hunter - 32

http://i.imgur.com/3c0sK.jpg?1[/IM]
[I]This seems to imply there was blood, funny thing is that there were severed limbs flying all over the place.[/I]

I guess this is first time, the different take on censorship allowed them to show more in a one step forward, two steps back kind of thing, this episode might be a very good inlook as to how the arc after the arc where the orignal series ended might feasibly pan out, assuming they're adapting to that point.[/QUOTE]

If they hadnt used that line, it would have succeeded in getting me to think that bleeding was ceased because of all the stuff with nen.

survivor

Banned
Space Brothers 8

Mutta is such a smooth liar. I don't know if there is more to the cliffhanger
cause the fucking preview already spoiled that it's a will. I should learn to stop watching them

This is one of the problems I have encountered before, and its pretty unfortunate.
In some cases the Blurays look WORSE than the DVD release. how the fuck this is even possible I have no idea. that's why I mainly buy the Blurays for durability reasons.

J.C. Staff in particular has a bad reputation when it comes to Blu Ray releases and poor upscales.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Usually the result of shit masters.

I haven't yet watched Poyopoyo and I feel that this is perhaps a great offense that must be rectified.

This won't take you long to catch up, all the episodes are like, 3 minutes each.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Atleast the pic shows it's a DVD&blu-ray combo*..... so I'll be happy regardless... If I can get it

*contacted amazon about that

J.C. Staff in particular has a bad reputation when it comes to Blu Ray releases and poor upscales.
I'm kind of glad that they haven't released some of their better shows on Blu-ray. :\
If your able to live through fate zero pacing issues then the big 3 wouldn't phase you, there's a lot less time spent on irrelevant banter and dragged out conversation that are there as padding to kill the run time.
Last time I checked, Fate/Zero wasn't hundreds of episodes long.

cajunator

Banned
Usually the result of shit masters.

This won't take you long to catch up, all the episodes are like, 3 minutes each.

That's good to know. It looks stupendously adorable.

Atleast the pic shows it's a DVD&blu-ray combo*..... so I'll be happy regardless... If I can get it

*contacted amazon about that

I like those BluRay/DVD combo sets. gives me a choice and I actually get two versions in case something happens to the other.

Cwarrior

Last time I checked, Fate/Zero wasn't hundreds of episodes long.

Number of episode doesn't equal bad pacing, that's like saying x story book has better pacing then y story book cause it has less pages or x movie is shorter then movie y meaning it has better pacing.

Number of episode doesn't equal bad pacing, that's like saying x story book has better pacing then y story book cause it has less pages or x movie is shorter then movie y meaning it has better pacing.
TV series are different from books and movies. I don't mean to say that something with a short episode count can't be badly paced either, though.

panda21

Pick one.

Redline
Mindgame
Cat soup
Paprika
Dead Leaves

thanks, just checked, pretty sure it was none of those.

someone made a thread just about that one film and posted pics. it looked pretty dark and messed up, and had religious imagery. from what i remember of the description there isnt really a plot as such and its all a bit cryptic and insane.

someone posted the original evangelion picture that the one pikachu being crucified in the awesome art thread is from, the style of that reminded my of this. its definitely not evangelion related though.

i think it might be from the 80s/90s but not 100% sure

sorry i'm being a bit vague but i'm certain i would recognise it if i saw the gaf thread again.

thanks, just checked, pretty sure it was none of those.

someone made a thread just about that one film and posted pics. it looked pretty dark and messed up, and had religious imagery. from what i remember of the description there isnt really a plot as such and its all a bit cryptic and insane.

someone posted the original evangelion picture that the one pikachu being crucified in the awesome art thread is from, the style of that reminded my of this. its definitely not evangelion related though.

i think it might be from the 80s/90s but not 100% sure

sorry i'm being a bit vague but i'm certain i would recognise it if i saw the gaf thread again.
Angel's Egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom