• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 II | Welcome Home Eureka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Age 32

Pretty weak episode. The spy was as obvious last episode and with only really being around for an episode, there was no time to even form any sort of emotional attachment to them. Nice for the fights to be on the Earth...but I think fighting in space, ie fighting to defend Big Ring a long time ago, shows the true glory of Gundams better.

Jex

Space Brothers 8

Mutta is such a smooth liar. I don't know if there is more to the cliffhanger
cause the fucking preview already spoiled that it's a will. I should learn to stop watching them

If watch a preview for any show you're just going to hurt yourself!

survivor

Banned
Sengoku Collection 1

This is pretty cool. I really loved the colouring and the style they picked for the backgrounds. It doesn't mesh that well with the character designs but I just love looking at them.

I hope Oda will go back
and visit the guy from this episode again. He seems like a cool guy. Well next episode preview was about a different character so I'm guessing Oda won't appear for again for couple of episodes?.

jman2050

Sengoku Collection 1

This is pretty cool. I really loved the colouring and the style they picked for the backgrounds. It's doesn't mesh that well with the character designs but I just love looking at them.

I hope Oda will go back
and visit the guy from this episode again. He seems like a cool guy. Well next episode preview was about a different character so maybe I won't see Oda for sometime.

lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sengoku Collection 1

This is pretty cool. I really loved the colouring and the style they picked for the backgrounds. It's doesn't mesh that well with the character designs but I just love looking at them.

I hope Oda will go back
and visit the guy from this episode again. He seems like a cool guy. Well next episode preview was about a different character so I'm guessing Oda won't appear for again for couple of episodes?.

The first paragraph of your post was ok, but the second blew my mind.

Jex

[Mysterious Girlfriend X] - 7

I am certain that this isn't the shows intention, but all the last couple of episodes do is demonstrate that Oka is a for more desirable girlfriend than Urabe. Oh, and that Oka and Urabe are more interesting as a couple than any of the other couples in the show.

survivor

Banned
The first paragraph of your post was ok, but the second blew my mind.
You hated the guy?

I wonder if you'll still be saying that by episode 7
Dunno we will see. Most impressions here made it out to be some extremely boring anime but the first episode wasn't that different from few of the anime I'm currently watching in terms of pacing. I guess having extremely low expectations made it watchable.

I am certain that this isn't the shows intention, but all the last couple of episodes is demonstrate that Oka is a for more desirable girlfriend than Urabe. Oh, and that Oka and Urabe are more interesting as a couple than any of the other couples in the show.
True, Oka is much better and more reasonable. Urabe is just too weird and I'm not talking about the drool thing.

Ultimadrago

I am certain that this isn't the shows intention, but all the last couple of episodes is demonstrate that Oka is a far more desirable girlfriend than Urabe. Oh, and that Oka and Urabe are more interesting as a couple than any of the other couples in the show.

As I said in my impressions, Ueno is the true winner here.

And, yes, Oka and Urabe make for the best OTP of the show.

Ultimadrago

Sengoku Collection 1

This is pretty cool. I really loved the colouring and the style they picked for the backgrounds. It doesn't mesh that well with the character designs but I just love looking at them.

I hope Oda will go back

survivor...

pvZmH.gif

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 1

I hope Oda will go back

WHY

THIS IS SOMEHOW DUCKROLL'S FAULT FOR ENCOURAGING HIM TO WATCH UN-GO IN ONE SITTING. YOU GUYS BROKE HIM.

DiGiKerot

Dunno we will see. Most impressions here made it out to be some extremely boring anime but the first episode wasn't that different from few of the anime I'm currently watching in terms of pacing. I guess having extremely low expectations made it watchable.

It genre-shifts a lot, and to a fairly extreme degree. Some episodes are boring. Some episodes, however, are completely bonkers. It's hard to tell which you're going to be getting before you go into it.

I really gotta check out this Sengoku Collection stuff.

Ieyasu would probably kill you, had we not established earlier that such a thing is unlikely to be possible.

There we go! I found the method of making the show watchable!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What I didn't understand in MGX is why was Urabe so concerned
about the swimsuit when he had already seen her in one in the previous episode.

Ultimadrago

There we go! I found the method of making the show watchable!

But I have low expectations of every episode and that doesn't help at all. :(

Because it's suppose to be "saved" for summer time only

Or some other Urabe yip-yap.

Jex

This is so true. fuck previews.
I turn it off after ending credits. No spoilers!

A handful of shows do previews really well, for example Penguin Drum always had that neat animated sequence with the penguins that hinted at where the next episode might go without giving anything away. Unfortunately few shows bother going to that much effort.

Ultimadrago

A handful of shows do previews really well, for example Penguin Drum always had that neat animated sequence with the penguins that hinted at where the next episode might go without giving anything away. Unfortunately few shows bother going to that much effort.

Would you consider Fate/Zero as one of these few?

survivor

Banned
WHY

THIS IS SOMEHOW DUCKROLL'S FAULT FOR ENCOURAGING HIM TO WATCH UN-GO IN ONE SITTING. YOU GUYS BROKE HIM.
Un-Go only made me stronger.

It genre-shifts a lot, and to a fairly extreme degree. Some episodes are boring. Some episodes, however, are completely bonkers. It's hard to tell which you're going to be getting before you go into it.
Oh, it genre shifts? I thought it just changes characters while still using the "characters from the past are amazed by the future" thing.

But I have low expectations of every episode and that doesn't help at all. :(
You must go even lower.

I skipped all of them and kinda regretted it near the end when I realized that these previews are pretty well done.

Jex

Urabe has hundreds of rules, I don't find her reluctance surprising at all.

Oh, it genre shifts? I thought it just changes characters while still using the "characters from the past are amazed by the future" thing.

Yeah, it's pretty much like Nobunaga is the only one amazed about being in the future really. Everyone else just adapts and it becomes watch cute? girls do cute? things.

Jex

And yet since isn't reluctant to show the audience her goods. Someone should tell Tsubaki that she is cheating on him with us.
You should be careful, this line of thinking can come from people who are about to fall down a rabbit hole.

Jex

[Gintama] - 230

I am continually impressed by how effortlessly Gintama manages to shift from being a comedy to something more serious. It's extremely neat.

wonzo

Banned
Hulu Free has 'Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise' and I was wondering if it's any good?
it's the best thing GAINAX has ever made. *strokes bd box*
Sengoku Collection 1

I hope Oda will go back
fucking lmao. get ready for modern day uguu

cajunator

Banned
Sengoku Collection 01

When there are three characters wearing cat ears, bunny ears, and fox ears and I don't give a fuck, it means your show has FAILED.

One Outs 15

These people talk a lot, more than seems natural for a professional baseball game, but it is that trash talk and psychological manipulation that makes it exciting to watch.

Finished Ayako on the way home from Austin. That—was a surprising ending.
I honestly thought that the story would end the way it started, with Jiro finally coming face-to-face with the Major to wrap his goose chase for good. Instead, though, all the Tenge members, their doctor, and Geta Jr. but Ma get trapped in the coal storage cave being used to hide and heal a wounded Jiro, only for them to get trapped and, save for Ayako, die from various reasons. Ayako, of course, runs off carefree and all.

I honestly don't have any idea why this hasn't been adapted into an OVA or film of some kind. It's better than MW, it's a culturally-relevant story of its own, and it's some of the best story-telling and usage of the medium I've seen so far. Stuff like this really makes me want to major in film and other media arts, just in the off-chance that I could get some adaptation of this approved and budgeted correctly. Everything in the story comes together quite nicely—and, outside of one gag a third of the way through, it's very serious stuff.

survivor

Banned
Sengoku Collection 2

So this episode is about Tokugawa Ieyasu
SP7oB.jpg

The idol business was solid and better than the other crap idol related anime. I don't like how
Ieyasu became top idol way too fast. I felt sorry for Rosary. Oh and Oda is kinda od an asshole. If she takes your secret treasure, then you can't go back? Why can't they like all travel back together?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Woo GAF-tan Belle Eve crossover 'cause can't sleep!

:D
Don't hate me!

What happened with GAF-tan anyway, is she still around or was it just a 2 week thing on AnimuGAF?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saki A 7

Probably because of the Avengers movie, but I can't stop thinking about how the Saki franchise is basically setting up for a massive final project that gives us an ultimate showdown between four teams that people are at least invested in in some way. The cameos popping up in this essentially amount to Nick Fury showing up at the end of Iron Man 1. It's kind of amazing.

I just wonder if there's an end game to all of this, because of the Saki OG manga is so far behind, they're either going to have to wait another two years to adapt the other side of the story or they're just going to have to go it alone.

Of course, I'm sure in reality no one on the anime side has thought about a grander plan and that this show is probably a one-off to promote the manga, but it would be hilarious if all of this stuff set up a Saki movie in 2016 or whenever. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom